healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Post What makes you throw balls faster and farther?

Baseballs,footballs, rocks, etc. What can you do to throw farther and faster?
    Last edited by healthy n'fit; 10-04-2002 at 12:23 PM.

_teach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    throwin' balls is about SPEED, not strength.

Take a look at a decathalete sometimes. Most of us are probably much much bigger and quite possibly stronger than them, but they will whomp our everlovin ass in the shotput because they have good form and do it really fast.
    "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he spends endless hours in his basement tying flies; neglecting personal hygeine.

healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) healthy n_fit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by 'teach
    throwin' balls is about SPEED, not strength.

Take a look at a decathalete sometimes. Most of us are probably much much bigger and quite possibly stronger than them, but they will whomp our everlovin ass in the shotput because they have good form and do it really fast.
    Yes, that is true. So basically, I can guess that throwing is mostly speed, power, and skill. Thanks. Now I know speed is definately my weak point in the upper body.

Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Powerlifter16 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Upper body plyometrics...dont neglect the lower body either. This helps build explosive power in the upper body. Most Olympic shotputters and discus throwers olympic lift and traing using plyometrics. Get the carry over?

lifter

Originally posted by Powerlifter16
    Upper body plyometrics...dont neglect the lower body either. This helps build explosive power in the upper body. Most Olympic shotputters and discus throwers olympic lift and traing using plyometrics. Get the carry over?

lifter
    Yes, I see. They are really interesting exercises!

1) Olympic lifts
    2)Plyometrics
    3) Lower body and upper body power and speed
    4) Skill
    5) Lower and core is crucial power in upper body

I think I've got it!

14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 14powerlift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why do you ask? What kind of sport are you doing? Also damn you. I was going to make a stupid comment about balls/nuts.
    So I'm not as strong as you...It doesn't mean that I can't kick your ass.

Originally posted by 14powerlift
    Why do you ask? What kind of sport are you doing? Also damn you. I was going to make a stupid comment about balls/nuts.
    Lol. I'll edit out the joking part for you! I just wanted to be able to throw stuff farther. I suck at throwing!

-T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -T- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is actually a pretty interesting topic.

Because alot of people think that if they workout their rotators that they will be able to throw faster, farther.

This is not really true. When you throw something as light as a baseball (for example) all the power comes from the elasticity of the shoulder and elbow JOINTS. They strech and then snap back in place. This is what causes you to throw a baseball so fast.

Things to work on are your core (twisting more powerfully) and your technique mostly.
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight: 260

All time personal best's:
    Bench: 335 x1(raw)
    Squat: 435x3 (belt)
    Deadlift: 435x3 (belt,straps)
    Power Clean: 250x3(belt, straps)

Originally posted by -T-
    This is actually a pretty interesting topic.

Because alot of people think that if they workout their rotators that they will be able to throw faster, farther.

This is not really true. When you throw something as light as a baseball (for example) all the power comes from the elasticity of the shoulder and elbow JOINTS. They strech and then snap back in place. This is what causes you to throw a baseball so fast.

Things to work on are your core (twisting more powerfully) and your technique mostly.
    Yes, I was thinking about that. The powerful twisting of the hip can help throwing a lot. Technique is something I need to work on!

Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have a **** strong throw and there are a few contributors

firstly i play tennis (unusual for someone whose 6ft2 230lbs but hey i started that when i was 7 lifting at 16 and free weights at 17) - my fast serve bout 125mph means i have a fast throw - triceps definitely help in this

technique is of utmost importance - like a good punch serve anything you should rotate the whole body and snap as u throw (the more rotating that has to suddenly stop the more energy in the ball, the farther it will go) - observe any tennis player, javelin thrower or pitcher - they rotate as they throw.

finally u can improve it several ways - throw weighted balls - in rugby before we used to pass around a medicine ball then straight after a rugby ball and u could throw it miles.

finally, i remember arnie talking bout the competition in the gym where he went - he said he'd be benching alongside shot putters and hammer throwers who were lifting 600lbs so i'd say bench has something to do with it - look at lars reidel i think it is (german discus thrower) he's a monster i'll post a pic soon
    The Buff House, The Buff House, the Buffest, Toughest Joint in Town - Buff Club

Originally posted by Easygainer
    i have a **** strong throw and there are a few contributors

firstly i play tennis (unusual for someone whose 6ft2 230lbs but hey i started that when i was 7 lifting at 16 and free weights at 17) - my fast serve bout 125mph means i have a fast throw - triceps definitely help in this

technique is of utmost importance - like a good punch serve anything you should rotate the whole body and snap as u throw (the more rotating that has to suddenly stop the more energy in the ball, the farther it will go) - observe any tennis player, javelin thrower or pitcher - they rotate as they throw.

finally u can improve it several ways - throw weighted balls - in rugby before we used to pass around a medicine ball then straight after a rugby ball and u could throw it miles.

finally, i remember arnie talking bout the competition in the gym where he went - he said he'd be benching alongside shot putters and hammer throwers who were lifting 600lbs so i'd say bench has something to do with it - look at lars reidel i think it is (german discus thrower) he's a monster i'll post a pic soon
    Thanks easygainer! You have a fast serve @ 125mph! Did you ever hit anyone? I was thinking that medicine balls can help, but I didn't think about throwing the actual ball right after. That's a good idea! Thanks again!

Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Easygainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    once we were playing red ass in tennis and i nailed a guy right in the ass and once in the leg with my fastest server from bout 25ft away - he got a massive bruise on his leg, didnt see his ass (damn...).

this one time, in french college, we were playing dodge ball and i nailed a bird with the ball and bruised her whole thigh - i explained it away saying that i was "over zealous" - hell at least we won the game. later on on the holiday i broke her thumb - she wass sitting on the ground using her hands to support her and i stood on her thumb *crack* - we were laughing at the whole thing ah the memories.
    The Buff House, The Buff House, the Buffest, Toughest Joint in Town - Buff Club

Originally posted by Easygainer
    once we were playing red ass in tennis and i nailed a guy right in the ass and once in the leg with my fastest server from bout 25ft away - he got a massive bruise on his leg, didnt see his ass (damn...).

this one time, in french college, we were playing dodge ball and i nailed a bird with the ball and bruised her whole thigh - i explained it away saying that i was "over zealous" - hell at least we won the game. later on on the holiday i broke her thumb - she wass sitting on the ground using her hands to support her and i stood on her thumb *crack* - we were laughing at the whole thing ah the memories.
    OMFG LOFL!!! ROFLMAO!!! Those were funny ass stories! Thanks Easygainer. I loved those stories!

tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100) tomhank09 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Many baseball players, especially those still starting out, are not using the proper grip when throwing. Utilizing the correct grip plays a vital role in efficiently executing a perfect baseball throw.

Using the 4-seam grip, you’ll get good control of the baseball and, therefore, can produce a baseball thrown more accurately than before. It makes the baseball travel faster and straighter because of how it was thrown.