djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Drinking a beer or 2 before workout? -Need opinions

Yes the thread sounds wierd but heres the story. A co-worker of ours is leaving next week and we are all going out after work for a "leaving" party for him. So, needless to say we are going to a bar. I know some of you will say "Just don't drink at all", but I wanna have one or two, relax a bit and spend a couple nice hours before he leaves.

You guys think one or two beers like 2 hours before I workout is a good idea?? Or should I just save my workout for tomm?? Will it honestly hinder my workout??

Strong-Ass Jaw Crew user34566548717114's Avatar
    user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this isn't a regular basis so to tell you truth i'd say go have a killer workout the day before, go big on legs like suicidal big....then take that day off to go relax with your friends, enjoy some good food and have a few brews.....

djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) djdefcon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea, thats a good idea, but the problem is we are going today =D Although I did have a great chest workout yesterday and did some nice HIIT cardio.

Jim_Seadooman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have gone to the gym after having a few and its not the same. Just wait until tomorrow and have a great workout instead of a crappy one later on today. Whats the big deal man? Unless you have a contest next week then dont worry about it, you have to be able to adjust sometimes. It sounds like you're just addicted to working out and not thinking about whats better for your muscles.

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    depends on what your priorities are.

wanna improve you body? don't drink

wanna have fun and relax? drink

...imnoting

kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50) kendog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just drink a gallon+ of water and take in 200mg+ caffeine before the workout and you should be alright, considering it's only two beers. Make sure to warm up nice a slow to make sure you don't have some kind of buzz still going on when you lift

AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AniMaLizTik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kendog
    Just drink a gallon+ of water and take in 200mg+ caffeine before the workout and you should be alright, considering it's only two beers. Make sure to warm up nice a slow to make sure you don't have some kind of buzz still going on when you lift
    the carbonation alone will make you puke....forget it
    ...imnoting

Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jim_Gym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take the day off, tomorrow is another day. I didn't feel like workin legs today since I am so tired from heavvy upper body workouts all this week. So I will do them on Sunday which is usually my day off, no biggie.

JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JTrain306 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just drink a few and don't hit the gym.... go tomorrow or something. Loss of coordination and balance when handling heavy weights isn't the smartest idea. Think accidentally dropping lots of heavy weight on yourself.... ouch.
    cant wait 2 c ur big ugly ass

Originally Posted by Davtown
    Loss of coordination and balance when handling heavy weights isn't the smartest idea.
    Very good point =D...I think Im just gunna have one with the guy thats leaving and then just drink water and see how I feel when its time for the gym...we are going at 5:30 and Ill probably hit the gym around 8:30ish, so by then I should be fine...Ill see how it goes...thanks for the replies guys.

Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000) Fuelish is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by djdefcon
    You guys think one or two beers like 2 hours before I workout is a good idea?? Or should I just save my workout for tomm?? Will it honestly hinder my workout??
    I don't think one, or even two, beers 2 hours before a workout will be much of a hinderance, if at all.....but a lot of guys say "one or two" when they really mean six or seven.....I wouldn't call it a "good idea" but I wouldn't call 1 or 2 (at most) beers a workout buster.....see how you feel at workout time, and if you don't feel like it, skip it - no biggie, as others posted.

nah, but I really mean, 1 or 2, i really dont drink, so having having more than that really want be a tempation....thanks for all the help guys

Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Buckeye(OH) has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just take a day off dude.

bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bradford has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree - take tonight off - work out hard tomorrow!