Closed Thread
Page 51 of 194 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 5796
    eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eldawg is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fleshmachine View Post
    Just a correction here:

That lab report is on USANA Healthpak 100 - not to be confused with the Universal AnimalPak.
    Check the .pdf file that is attached in her original post - it has the AP results.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=1490

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just a correction here:

That lab report is on USANA Healthpak 100 - not to be confused with the Universal AnimalPak.
    Yeah, I posted only the Animal Pak results. The authors were trying to compare a similar cheaper product to the USANA Healthpak 100, and tested the Animal Pak to do so.

I have a friend (female, <150 lbs) that was taking 1 Animal Pak a day and got very serious symptoms from a B-6 overdose.

I have no interest in posting USANA. It is not found in the bodybuilding.com superstore, and it is overpriced.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rob Awesome is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I just got Animal Pak for the hell of it to see what all the fuss was about. I'm impressed so far.

The only downside - swallowing 11 pills + I piss a lot more.
    Enter.at.your.own.Pleasure

fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by terracotta View Post
    Yeah, I posted only the Animal Pak results. The authors were trying to compare a similar cheaper product to the USANA Healthpak 100, and tested the Animal Pak to do so.

I have a friend (female, <150 lbs) that was taking 1 Animal Pak a day and got very serious symptoms from a B-6 overdose.

I have no interest in posting USANA. It is not found in the bodybuilding.com superstore, and it is overpriced.

Ah, didn't see it - thanks :P

I take Animal Pak and love it. For about .50 a day I feel it's worth it. Although I have seen it priced at double what I pay :/

fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fleshmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wow 1 pak a day and OD'd? I guess at <150lbs huh... Thanks for sharing the story

XLEggRoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile One-a-day

They've got every vitamin you could ever name off on the top of your head packed into one small pill. They don't taste bad and are usually really cheap. Good stuff mate.
    "Never give up, Never Surrender."

adamjacoby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamjacoby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamjacoby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Terra,

There is a good reason USANA is not sold in the BodyBuilding superstore, or any other traditional retail store. Going through all the middle-men to get your product listed for retail would be too expensive for a product of this high quality. Every step in that process adds 20%, from the production, to the national distributor, to the regional distributor, to the local distributor, and then to the retail store itself. For USANA, it is already expensive to produce USANA's multivitamin (called Essentials) b/c the company meets the very stringent Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) for Pharmaceuticals. Somebody can correct me if they know of any, but I don't believe there is even one product sold in the Bodybuilding superstore that are certified (by NSF) to meet this criteria. That is why USANA has chosen MLM (multi-level marketing) to market and distribute its products.

As for the price, $39.99 for product of this quality is not that unreasonable. Think about this...what is one of your most coveted blessings? I would imagine your HEALTH, right? We all take our health very seriously, or we wouldn't be in this forum. So when it comes to giving your body the optimum nutrition, wouldn't you want to give it the best? I do, and the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements has ranked USANA #1 for 4 consecutive years, so that's proof enough for me that I need to be using USANA products.

One other perspective on cost. I don't know about you, but it costs me about $60.00 every time I fill up my vehicle with gas. I fill up about 4 times a month. That's $240 a month I spend on gas. If I'm willing to do that to keep my vehicle running, shouldn't I be willing to spend one quarter of that ($40 a month) for my own health?

Just trying to help...

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    These are all GMP certified:

NOW foods
    Nature's Way
    Schiff
    Country Life
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

adamjacoby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamjacoby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamjacoby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Terra,

Of the companies you listed, Schiff is the only company I see listed as certified to meet GMP's by NSF International (the regulating agency). See the list below.

http://www.nsf.org/Certified/GMP/Listings.asp

One thing I might not have been clear about, is that there are Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) for Food, and there is a separate higher standard for GMP's for Pharmaceuticals. Right now, the FDA has not finalized Good Manufacturing Practices for dietary supplements (which they are apparently required to do....they are late in establishing these standards) so most companies are either A) not meeting any standards (this would be the vast majority) or B) are meeting the GMP's for Food.

USANA, on the other hand, is voluntarily meeting the GMP's for pharmaceuticals. Unfortunately, I cannot locate an official listing of the companies who meet this standard, but it is my understanding that very few nutrition companies do. It is too difficult...you basically need to have a medical labratory akin to what pharmaceutical companies use. And that's exactly what USANA has.

This is the listing you want:
    http://www.naturalproductsassoc.org/...ame=ic_gmp_cos

You have to realize that some of those companies are owned by a larger company that is in the listing.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

For example, NBTY Inc. manfactures under the following brands:
    (as quoted from here http://www.nbty.com/ireye/ir_site.zh...ty&script=1800)

Nature's Bounty, Vitamin World, Puritan's Pride, Holland & Barrett, Rexall, Sundown, Met-Rx, Worldwide Sport Nutrition, Osteo Bi-Flex, American Health, GNC(UK), DeTuinen, LeNaturiste, SISU, and Solgar brands.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Perhaps also, you expect your multivitamin to contain more things than mine? In addition to my multivitamin, I also take NOW bone strength, NOW EGCG, NOW fish oil caps, and NOW flax oil caps.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Ya, I understand that they may be listed under a parent company name, but even NBTY is not listed as being certified. And even IF it were listed, I'm fairly certain that this would be for the GMP's for Food or dietary supplements, not Pharmaceuticals.

As for having too much, I think that is a fair point. We all have different needs. I take 3 USANA Essential pills a day, even though the recommended dosage is 4 (two in morning and two in afternoon). Some of us get our nutrition through other means (hopefully by eating right, and also through other supps). Many of my protein shakes have a lot of the antioxidants and minerals that a multivitamin provides, so that's why I don't take the full dosage. In addition to the Essentials though, I take USANA's fish oil (called BioOmega-3) and I am considering starting their joint product (Procosa II) soon.

They have other products that I hear are fantastic, but I just don't need them right now (brain health, prostate, vision, liver, bone, etc).

It is good to see you are taking that fish oil. So many benefits. Just be sure it is certified not to contain mercury (very dangerous) or other chemicals/PCB's. [USANA's fish oil the certified to be 99.99% pure due to some double molecular distillation process the company uses.]

You are correct, they are GMP NNFA (National Nutritional Foods Association) certified. That's good enough for me.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50) G.B. Ripped will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face MLM=runlikehell

You are correct, they are GMP NNFA (National Nutritional Foods Association) certified. That's good enough for me.
    x2

Plus, nobody has mentioned the obvious... multi-level marketing is bad for your soul.

95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So is Adam still one of the best on the market? Or should I look elsewhere? Because I really don't feel like dropping all of that money on Animal Pak, when I can get something equally as good for less the price.

Originally Posted by 95zj View Post
    So is Adam still one of the best on the market? Or should I look elsewhere? Because I really don't feel like dropping all of that money on Animal Pak, when I can get something equally as good for less the price.
    Yes it is, but at 18 yo, NOW Vit-min 100 or NOW Ecogreen would be a better option. There are a few things in there that are put in there for older men, like the saw palmetto for instance.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

CALCULATED DRIVEN MACHINE trueathlete's Avatar
    trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trueathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hard Nutrition Vita X And Power System

I have tried every supplement out there, and I have never experienced a supplement company like HARD Nutrition. There mulit vitamin Vita X is incredible, you dont really notice it when you are on it but when you are off it you sure can tell, and that to me tells me that it is legit.

95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50) 95zj will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Alright, thanks Terra for filling me in.

+reps when recharged

B.B. Ripped,

I'm not even sure I should reply to your email, but it is just too frustrating when I hear naive comments about multi-level marketing (MLM) like that. MLM is one of the most efficient and successful ways to build a business in sales. It has been for 50 years, and always will be. The reason is simple. You reward your people for the actual work (sales) they produce.

USANA uses MLM b/c their products are of too high a quality to sell in stores. Who is going to go buy a $40 bottle of vitamins in the stores? Not many people. Only those who are serious about their health understand the benefits of a quality multi-vitamin (and understand why the other stuff, currently sold on stores shelves, is junk). Plus, with all the middle men involved in getting your product to retail, USANA Essentials would actually end up with a sales price near $100, so that definitely wouldn't work!

So USANA chose MLM, and they've done extremely well. #12 on Forbes Magazine Top 200 Small Businesses. #3 on Business Weeks 100 Hot Growth Companies, featured on CNBC, and often featured in the Wall Street Journal. The company also has experienced 3 straight years of 40% or more growth on the stock market, with the President of USANA invited to ring the closing bell on the NASDAQ just two weeks ago. Those are some impressive stats.

So be careful when you bash MLM.

Originally Posted by G.B. Ripped View Post
    x2

Plus, nobody has mentioned the obvious... multi-level marketing is bad for your soul.

hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) hiyooo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    adamjacoby or anyone,

I am just wondering what do you think of Xtend-Life? or even anyone else's opinion. I am currently trying their products out at the moment.
    http://www.xtend-life.com/

Hoki Fish Oil
    http://www.xtend-life.com/product/Om...HA_Esters.aspx
    Multivitamin
    http://www.xtend-life.com/product/To...end)_-_G1.aspx

I know they are pricey for the quantity you get, so far I think their products are alright, not great. I've tried Centrum, Animal Pak, now Xtend-Life, to be honest I really don't notice any big differences between them, except Animal Pak I get neon yellow pee. Out of all those products I've tried, I feel somewhat an energy boost from all of them and probably placebo effect, I do feel somewhat healthier. I don't know. I just want to hear someone's opinion, because I can't notice any major differences between Centrum, Animal Pak, and Xtend-Life.

Thanks in advance.

Best multi formula.. Controlled Labs Orange Triad. Should be in the bb.com store soon - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2966561
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jon1989 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Best Multi Vitamin is VIBE.

gth699x has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Animal Pak, It is amazing!
    Dan

Registered User CONTROLLED LABS's Avatar
    CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Best multi formula.. Controlled Labs Orange Triad. Should be in the bb.com store soon - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2966561
    yup, there is a new contender in town and its name is ORANGE TRIAD
    Specials & insider info
    https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

FREE CL stuff for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6654831

kungfu84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fighters Formula

I'd definitely nominate Fighter's Formula and their 3 cycle system. They are very new on the market, but I have been a very lucky BETA-tester if you can put it this way. The "Performance Maximizer" aka Cycle 1 is packed up with Vitamin A, B's, C, D, E, and alot of minerals like Magnesium and Calcium, and last but not least also contains green leaf tea extract and caffeine. It's expensive though, $59,95 for 30 tablets, but definately worth the price. It gives you a boost during the day that you really feel!

Hiyooo,

Sorry for the delay. Xtend-Life is not listed in the copy of the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements I have (I don't have the latest version yet), so I can't tell you what the experts say. However, in comparing it to the multivitamin i use, USANA Essentials, Xtend comes up short in all ingredients. That does not mean it isn't any good though (USANA is a very high quality multi to compare against). In reading through the Xtend-Life website, I like what I was reading. Most importantly, they use their own bio-chemists, their own ingredients, and their own manufacturing facility, whereas 99% of everything else out there get their product from a sub-contracted company. So chances are, Xtend-Life is a quality multivitamin. I encourage everyone to check out USANA, but by sticking with Xtend-Life, I would imagine you are still giving yourself a good quality supplement.

Wish I had more details on them though. The newest version of the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements compares over 1500 multivitamins, so there is a good chance it is included in that one (the previous versions compared 500).

Originally Posted by hiyooo View Post
    adamjacoby or anyone,

I am just wondering what do you think of Xtend-Life? or even anyone else's opinion. I am currently trying their products out at the moment.
    http://www.xtend-life.com/

Hoki Fish Oil
    http://www.xtend-life.com/product/Om...HA_Esters.aspx
    Multivitamin
    http://www.xtend-life.com/product/To...end)_-_G1.aspx

I know they are pricey for the quantity you get, so far I think their products are alright, not great. I've tried Centrum, Animal Pak, now Xtend-Life, to be honest I really don't notice any big differences between them, except Animal Pak I get neon yellow pee. Out of all those products I've tried, I feel somewhat an energy boost from all of them and probably placebo effect, I do feel somewhat healthier. I don't know. I just want to hear someone's opinion, because I can't notice any major differences between Centrum, Animal Pak, and Xtend-Life.

Thanks in advance.

For all you Animal Pak users,

When you see your piss turn bright yellow or green after taking a multi-vitamin, that is a clear indicator that the vitamin is NOT BEING DIGESTED passed your stomach wall. It is being broken down, thus the color you see, but it is not being absorbed by your body (or you wouldn't see the color). So just be mindful of that.

Also, Animal Pak is loaded with mega doses (they say it themselves) of many many different vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and I believe stimulants too. There are conflicting reports out there about how such "mega doses" could do more harm than good. There is a lot of truth to having "too much of a good thing." So just be mindful of that as well. Just make sure you do your research...just prepare for that to take a while with a product that jams so many different ingredients as Animal Pak! Also consider that in every protein shake you drink, you are getting a lot of the same vitamins/minerals, and amino acids that are in Animal Pak. So add up what you are taking every day.

I definitely believe you need a lot more than what Centrum and other cheap products provide (100% of DV), but when the numbers start getting over 5000% of DV, I'd start to think twice if I were you.

That's my opinion anyway, take it for what its worth....

SO THAT'S WHAT'S MAKIN MY PISS GLOW?

God I've been wondering that for a while now.

jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100) jsp0785 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Imhungry View Post
    along with their commision
    I work at GNC and we don't get commission on multi vitamins, but we are told to push them. pretty stupid so i never do

Originally Posted by adamjacoby View Post
    For all you Animal Pak users,

When you see your piss turn bright yellow or green after taking a multi-vitamin, that is a clear indicator that the vitamin is NOT BEING DIGESTED passed your stomach wall. It is being broken down, thus the color you see, but it is not being absorbed by your body (or you wouldn't see the color). So just be mindful of that.

Also, Animal Pak is loaded with mega doses (they say it themselves) of many many different vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and I believe stimulants too. There are conflicting reports out there about how such "mega doses" could do more harm than good. There is a lot of truth to having "too much of a good thing." So just be mindful of that as well. Just make sure you do your research...just prepare for that to take a while with a product that jams so many different ingredients as Animal Pak! Also consider that in every protein shake you drink, you are getting a lot of the same vitamins/minerals, and amino acids that are in Animal Pak. So add up what you are taking every day.

I definitely believe you need a lot more than what Centrum and other cheap products provide (100% of DV), but when the numbers start getting over 5000% of DV, I'd start to think twice if I were you.

That's my opinion anyway, take it for what its worth....
    I keep saying it...

Have a look at Controlled Labs Orange Triad. Really what I was looking for.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 194 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast