Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Health BENEFITS of Creatine supplementation

I'm sick of all the "Will creatine kill me?" threads. So let's see the health benefits of supplementing with creatine.
    BACKGROUND: Skeletal muscle wasting and dysfunction are strong independent predictors of mortality in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Creatine nutritional supplementation produces increased muscle mass and exercise performance in health. A controlled study was performed to look for similar effects in 38 patients with COPD. METHODS: Thirty eight patients with COPD (mean (SD) forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV(1)) 46 (15)% predicted) were randomised to receive placebo (glucose polymer 40.7 g) or creatine (creatine monohydrate 5.7 g, glucose 35 g) supplements in a double blind trial. After 2 weeks loading (one dose three times daily), patients participated in an outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation programme combined with maintenance (once daily) supplementation. Pulmonary function, body composition, and exercise performance (peripheral muscle strength and endurance, shuttle walking, cycle ergometry) took place at baseline (n = 38), post loading (n = 36), and post rehabilitation (n = 25). RESULTS: No difference was found in whole body exercise performance between the groups: for example, incremental shuttle walk distance mean -23.1 m (95% CI -71.7 to 25.5) post loading and -21.5 m (95% CI -90.6 to 47.7) post rehabilitation. Creatine increased fat-free mass by 1.09 kg (95% CI 0.43 to 1.74) post loading and 1.62 kg (95% CI 0.47 to 2.77) post rehabilitation. Peripheral muscle performance improved: knee extensor strength 4.2 N.m (95% CI 1.4 to 7.1) and endurance 411.1 J (95% CI 129.9 to 692.4) post loading, knee extensor strength 7.3 N.m (95% CI 0.69 to 13.92) and endurance 854.3 J (95% CI 131.3 to 1577.4) post rehabilitation. Creatine improved health status between baseline and post rehabilitation (St George's Respiratory Questionnaire total score -7.7 (95% CI -14.9 to -0.5)). CONCLUSIONS: Creatine supplementation led to increases in fat-free mass, peripheral muscle strength and endurance, health status, but not exercise capacity. Creatine may constitute a new ergogenic treatment in COPD.

Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000) Eightpak is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Bane
    I'm sick of all the "Will creatine kill me?" threads. So let's see the health benefits of supplementing with creatine.
    Kinda hard to understand that quote unless your patrick arnold. He he Great post non-the-less!
    PharmD | IFBB Pro | ********.com/SwollenPharmD

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    More...
    BACKGROUND: The CF transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR), whose mutations cause cystic fibrosis (CF), depends on ATP for activation and transport function. Availability of ATP in the cell and even more in specific cellular microcompartments often depends on a functional creatine kinase system, which provides the 'energy buffer' phosphocreatine. Creatine supplementation has been shown to increase phosphocreatine levels, thus promoting muscle growth and strength in athletes and having protective effects in neuromuscular disorders. AIM: To test clinically, if creatine supplementation improves maximal isometric muscle strength (MIMS), lung function and CFTR channel activity in patients with CF, and to determine enzymatic activity of creatine kinase in respiratory epithelial cells. METHODS: In an open-label pilot study 18 CF patients (8-18-year-old) with pancreatic insufficiency and mild to moderate lung disease received daily creatine supplementation during 12 weeks. Patients were monitored during 24-36 weeks. Enzymatic activity of creatine kinase was measured in primary epithelial cell cultures. RESULTS: After creatine supplementation, there was no change in lung function and sweat electrolyte concentrations, possibly due to the very low creatine kinase activities detected in respiratory epithelia. However, the patients consistently showed significantly increased MIMS (18.4%; P [Lt] 0.0001), as well as improved general well-being, as assessed by a standardized questionnaire. Except for one patient with transient muscle pain, no side effects were reported. CONCLUSIONS: Our pilot study suggests, that creatine supplementation should be further evaluated as a possible clinically beneficial adjuvant therapy for patients with CF to increase muscle strength, body-weight and well-being. (Copyright 2003 European Cystic Fibrosis Society)
    STUDY DESIGN: To evaluate a potential protective effect of increased creatine levels in spinal cord injury (SCI) in an animal model. OBJECTIVES: Acute SCI initiates a series of cellular and molecular events in the injured tissue leading to further damage in the surrounding area. This secondary damage is partly due to ischemia and a fatal intracellular loss of energy. Phospho-creatine in conjunction with the creatine kinase isoenzyme system acts as a potent intracellular energy buffer. Oral creatine supplementation has been shown to elevate the phospho-creatine content in brain and muscle tissue, leading to neuroprotective effects and increased muscle performance. SETTING: Zurich, Switzerland. METHODS: Twenty adult rats were fed for 4 weeks with or without creatine supplemented nutrition before undergoing a moderate spinal cord contusion. RESULTS: Following an initial complete hindlimb paralysis, rats of both groups substantially recovered within 1 week. However, creatine fed animals scored 2.8 points better than the controls in the BBB open field locomotor score (11.9 and 9.1 points respectively after 1 week; P=0.035, and 13 points compared to 11.4 after 2 weeks). The histological examination 2 weeks after SCI revealed that in all rats a cavity had developed which was comparable in size between the groups. In creatine fed rats, however, a significantly smaller amount of scar tissue surrounding the cavity was found. CONCLUSIONS: Thus creatine treatment seems to reduce the spread of secondary injury. Our results favour a pretreatment of patients with creatine for neuroprotection in cases of elective intramedullary spinal surgery. Further studies are needed to evaluate the benefit of immediate creatine administration in case of acute spinal cord or brain injury.

Originally Posted by Eightpak
    Kinda hard to understand that quote unless your patrick arnold. He he Great post non-the-less!
    Could you pleaaaaaasseee delete your post so that we maintain the continuity of the first two posts?
    Last edited by Bane; 11-02-2005 at 08:36 AM.

And in case somebody wants to ask:
    "But isn't creatine harmful?"
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...7&postcount=49
    First pdf.
    I hope Search-Tech will help me see less useless posts now.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Creatine supplementation and age influence muscle metabolism during exercise

.PDF format
    Attached Files
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

mike rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice Job Bane

Bane, I wonder if you have access to these studies full text PDF files.

If so woud you mind please share those pdfs.

Thanks In Advance

Acute and moderate-term creatine monohydrate supplementation does not affect creatine transporter mRNA or protein content in either young or elderly humans.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

Creatine: a review of efficacy and safety.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Citation

Muscle creatine loading in men

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/reprin...resourcetype=1

Long-term oral creatine supplementation does not impair renal function in healthy athletes.

dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dbish77 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bane is an awsome member.

Originally Posted by mike rock
    Nice Job Bane

Thanks In Advance

Acute and moderate-term creatine monohydrate supplementation does not affect creatine transporter mRNA or protein content in either young or elderly humans.

Long-term oral creatine supplementation does not impair renal function in healthy athletes.

Yeap I do-have read them in fact. Although I think the pdf I have uploaded on post number #5 sums them up really nicely. Read it and if still you're looking about any of them, tell me so.
    Btw people search for other threads started by me-interesting stuff mostly
    Last edited by Bane; 11-12-2005 at 05:56 PM.

demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10) demetris is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Great Info.

mike rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mike rock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeap I do-have read them in fact. Although I think the pdf I have uploaded on post number #5 sums them up really nicely. Read it and if still you're looking about any of them, tell me so.
    Btw people search for other threads started by me-interesting stuff mostly
    I've checked all your threads and I've read all the pdfs u have uploaded, great job man, good to see someone cares to upload the studies pdfs instead of just the abstracts...

Unfortunately I don't have access to those studies, and I prefer to read the studies full text before making the same conclusions the authors made...

It's really appreciated if u upload those pdfs too.

Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice Job Bane

Thanks In Advance

BUMP

gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post bro,

Nice Job Bane

Thanks In Advance

I live to serve

http://rapidshare.de/files/7674455/M...n_men.pdf.html

Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bill Gates will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks Bane

BUMP

God bless you Bane, bump.