Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Health Concern - serious post

I hesitate to do this and being banned forever - because it's none of my business, but I feel as a health professional I have "some" responsibility (and a VERY similar experience with an ex-girlfriend who ended was OCD/anorexic/bipolar - everything dressa mentions I have "expereinced". I am a pharmacist and a medical technologist who has worked in a hospital for many years and know a little bit about physiology and health.

This is out of CONCERN only - not "hating" or "bashing".

IN MY OPINION

Dressagerulz23's logs are not beneficial and are borderline dangerous.

Any responsible supplement owner should not be choosing her to be a tester. She has underlying hormonal/endocrine disorders that are hopefully being treated correctly, and the addition of stimulants could make these worse, among other things. She is often describing "weird" or "strange" feelings that are most likely to a hormonal imbalance, and OFTEN describes episodes of hypoglycemia.
    She needs to be taking Synthroid for a thyroid problem, not San Blaze.
    She is describing episodes of hypoglycemia - she may (or is) diabetic.
    She describes episodes of narcolepsy.

She often describes being extremely tired and lethargic and is relying on stimulants for energy. She is often extremely sleep deprived and is not allowing her body or CNS to recover. She relies on stimulants to make it through the day and sleep agents to sleep. not healthy.

Ideal body fat % for women is 20-25%. For women, body fat under 15-16% is generally not healthy for a long period of time. Low body fat in women can lead to hormonal imbalances, such as losing your period, as well as osteoporosis, which she mentions. "Women athletes who strive for better performance and lower body weight, often find themselves caught in a negative spiral that actually leads to decreased performance and health risks."

She mentions several times her hormonal imbalance causes her to overeat.
    This is not the only reason, much of it is psychological. She is basically writing a log on how to have an eating disorder. She has many signs of anorexia, describing binges and then not eating or eating very little, while trying to completely suppress her appetite with supplements. She has also mentioned taking laxatives at least once.

She mentions feeling metabolically "shut down" - This is NOT a positive feeling. Don't you want your metabolism running to burn fat?
    "hypoglycemia (which has bascially incapciated me with fatiuge)" - quote

The detailed descriptions in her logs and exercise routine is borederline Obsessive-Compulsive, every "feeling" mentioned, detailed times, obviously spending ALOT of time on this site with "multiple" logs going at the same time. OCD and anorexia often go hand-in-hand. hour long cardio 6 days/wk.

She is relying on supplements TOO much. She is using them during the day for energy to stay awake from being sleep deprived.
    She says her hormonal imbalance MAKES her overeat - so she relies on appetite suppressants and never has an urge? Hard to believe, sounds like a bit of a placebo effect, and psychologically it helps.
    She relies on supplements to stay awake and go to sleep.
    SHe is taking multiple thermogenics and appetite supressants to get through the day.
    AT 5'3" and 115-ish, you ARE NOT FAT. if you think you are fat, I think you have issues with body dysmorphic disorder - which often is associated with anorexia and OCD.

She has several misconceptions of basic physiology, and I feel that she may have an electrolyte imbalance - especially taking laxatives. She mentioned sodium intake (max) to be 2,400 mg/day, which is entirely not true, especially for athletes, and she is doing a whole lot of cardio.
    This can lead to fatigue and affect hormone/endocrine levels.

Yes, she eats 4 meals a day, but often goes 10-12 hours between supper and breakfast. SHe in not getting enough sleep or nutrients to allow her body to recover. She appears to have moderate CNS fatigue - creating the need for stimulants.
    One post described getting up at 7:30 (who knows when supper was) and having to force meal #1 at Noon. this is NOT HEALTHY.

I could go on. Like I said, I am concerned for your health, and instead of being a great board member and providing great, detailed logs, I think you should consult a nutritionist to help plan meals and get enough calories to fire your metabolism, get your hormonal problem under control with your doctor and STOP taking stimulating supplements (especially stop laxatives), and consult with a mental health professional to address a POSSIBLE eating disorder (anorexia, OCD, BDD).

I APPRECIATE what you are trying to do, but I feel continuing like you are presently, you are risking longer term problems. PLEASE CONSIDER holding off on the logs and supplements for awhile, because I am worried where your current path may lead. WIth the underlying hormonal/endocrine imbalances, sleep deprivation, diabetes (?) without proper nutrition - people will not be getting an accurate portrayal of the effectiveness of the supplements.

With a little help from others, she could be doing the same thing but in a positive, healthy way.

Thanks. (Let the flames and Colin begin).
    Last edited by pharm; 11-02-2005 at 01:33 AM.

image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I feel bad for the girl, you just ripped her apart.
    If you really have experience in the medical field (and judging by your post, I would certainly believe you), then I applaud your courage to post this out of concern for someone you don't even know. It may have been a better idea to send her a PM, but you did get your thoughts out to her.
    Reps, if I have any.

pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pharm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I Have A Mental Disorder As Well!!!

Originally Posted by image101
    I feel bad for the girl, you just ripped her apart.
    If you really have experience in the medical field (and judging by your post, I would certainly believe you), then I applaud your courage to post this out of concern for someone you don't even know. It may have been a better idea to send her a PM, but you did get your thoughts out to her.
    Reps, if I have any.
    You are right, I don't know her at all, and it is genuine concern.

My intention WAS NOT to rip her apart at all. She left OBVIOUS clues in her posts that point towards an eating disorder, among others. Ask anyone remotely related to the medical field and they will recognize FROM HER STATEMENTS possible signs and symptoms. I don't think this is responsible to let others read and think that 'hey i should try that also'.
    I never said she had any of these - I was suggesting that she shows signs and symptoms.

There is NO SHAME if you have mental disorder, the first step is going to someone and get evaluated. I am worried that continuing down the path she is going, there's going to be trouble.

I wrestled with just addressing it with her, but it might help others recognize problems with friends or family members or even themselves.

If I was wrong, I totally apologize, but I am SERIOUSLY concerned with her health, and I hope that maybe this can help others as well.

I tried to help my ex-girlfriend, of course she didn't listen. She was 5'6" 95 lbs wearing size 0 jeans and she thought she was fat. We would go out to eat and all she would get would be the massive chocolate fudge sundae and coffee and not eat for the rest of the day.
    She was bi-polar, often with manic episodes staying out all night drinking, and she was admitted OCD - especially about weight.

This just sounded all too familiar and wanted to TRY and help someone.
    I hope this can be taken seriously, and address REAL HEALTH problems that can occur with bodybuilding/weight lifting, etc.
    That is all.
    Last edited by pharm; 11-03-2005 at 01:39 AM.

giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50) giltob will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I think you've done the right thing, I thought the point of logs (other than to supple feedback on a product) was to get help with modifying or wether it was indeed safe or not. You are in a position to realise the apparant problems she may have and you've hopefully done something positive for this.

image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) image101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I completely understand Pharm, and in no way am I saying you did something wrong. You definatly made the right choice. I just thought about it from her shoes, you know? If the post was about me and I read it, it would definatly be an eye - opener.

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up Bravo!

I always considered my true friends those with the balls to come and say to me "Alex, you are faking wrong". It is easy to say nice things people want to hear, it is hard to say the truth to help somebody and even harder for the other to be able to accept that you are telling this out of concern onstead of spite.

xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have read her posts. You are right, she has serious medical conditions and seems to be attempting to treat them with non prescribed bodybuilding supplements.

The most you can do for her is get in touch with her and give her all the information you can, try to steer her in the right direction. And get others to do the same.

But its a free country, and if she wants to use the stuff, it's on her.
    Having trouble growing?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=732835

Redneck College Student The Booger's Avatar
    The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Booger is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pharm does make some damn good points.......

Expect a PM from me later in the day Pharm. I have some questions about Pharmacy (I'm a Pharm.D. student).
    I'm not one for sig quotes but damn:

When you flip out on the nurse for not aspirating properly with your tetnis shot... "just give it here let me do it myself!!!" - Stickball

Causes For Concern

"the reason i'm thinking Blaze helped me sleep better is because monday nite i WAS up all nite (my friend gave me 2 caps of Blaze, both of which i had on sunday, so monday had not had any Blaze). ... i mean, i did not even get 30 min of sleep monday nite... AND i had taken a full serv. of Simply Sleep, in addition to 1 serv. of Knock Out."

"and as far as the appetite suppression is concerned, i know that Blaze played a large part... despite taking 2 caps of hoodia, i started to get hypoglycemic/mildly hungry at 9:15 AM; i didn't know how much past 10 i'd be able to delay my 1st meal, so i took my 1st cap of Blaze at 9:30, and was VERY surprised that i did not eat until 10:40... it almost felt like Blaze causes my body to somehow improve the utiliztion of nutriets, thereby taking away some of the hypoglycemia/mild hunger."

"AM - Blaze was awesome! AM was pratically identical to yesterday - got hypoglycemic/mildly hungry around 9:15... held off until 9:35 before taking Blaze; then ~30 min - 1 hr after taking my 1st cap of Blaze, i felt a very strong feeling of well-being and noticed definite appetite suppression (like at 9:15, i thought making it till 10:15 would be tough, but i EASILY made it till after 10:30 before meal "

"i experienced a stronger than expected "metabolic shut-down effect", like my body was holding onto to the calories, after my 3rd meal"

"well, i was rudely awakened this morning at 7:30 by hypoglycemia (what else is new?) but one cap of Hoodia gordonii took care of that quite nicely and i was able to get like another 2 hours of sleep before i was (yet again) awakened by the hypoglycemia"

"about 180 cals into my 1st meal, i felt so good (filled up), that i was going to end the meal right there, and break my day down into mini meals... however, i was feeling so good overall and was in the mood to do some cardio'

"One other thing i noticed from Blaze (which i've forgotten to mention, but have been noticing since i've started taking it), is a weird "side effect"; its not necessarily good or bad, but just something i've been experiencing: about 1-3 hours after taking it: i'll get a mild numbing sensation in my feet. this sensation only last for a about a second or two, and occurs anywhere between 2-7 times in the AM, and another 2-7 times in the PM... and about 2-4 of these times occurs during a meal"

"i was so sleep deprived yesterday, that i literall collapsed. i walked thru the door after my lifting workout, had meal #3 at 7:35, fell asleep at 8:20 PM and slept till 3:20 AM, at which point i woke up hungry for the meal #4 that i had missed"

"i was EXHAUSTED. normally when i'm EXHAUSTED (due to extreme sleep deprivation), my f*cked up hormones trigger overeating; i'm assuming, (based on how i feel when i cant fight them and end upovereating), that my body's trying to compensate for the sleep deprivation and take in enough calories to have enough energy for an 8-10 hour "fast" (period of sleep). well, NO worries with Blaze. despite taking the hoodia when i woke up at 6:45, by 8:45 i felt like total sh!t - my muscles actually started to get a slight bit crampy, the hypoglycemic feeling that drives me to overeat was pretty strong, and i didn't know how much longer i'd be able to delay my 1st meal. so, i deemed it an absolute necessity to take a "bathroom break" from the lab, during whihc i downed a thing of Poland Springs water, along with my cap of Blaze. about 30 minutes later, i was on cloud 9 and food was the last thing on my mind"

"all the waking up early/sleep deprivation hit me like a ton of bricks; and based on the relief (or lack thereof ) of my 7:00 AM cap of Hoodia gordonii, i realized i needed the strongest appetite suppressing supplment in my arsenal: Lumatol. but i tell ya, with my AM cap of Blaze thrown in 2 hours after the Lumatol, Meal #1 was quite a chore"
    Last edited by pharm; 11-02-2005 at 09:07 PM.

to lose weight, don't you need to eat to stimulate metabolism?
    Starving yourself and popping stimulants and appetite supressants to mask symptoms of hypoglycemia IS NOT healthy.
    Hypoglycemia ----> EAT

these are a FEW reasons why I am conerned with her health.

SOrry if I am out of line, but I am concerned.

dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pharm
    IN MY OPINION

She needs to be taking Synthroid for a thyroid problem.
    agreed 100%; just have to convince (one of) my dumb @$$ docs to prescribe it. but, sadly because my levels are still in the normal range (at the very low end of normal), from a doc's prespective, my hypothyroidism is not "life-threatening" or anything like that (so i am SOL for the time being); hence my usage of Blaze.
    She is describing episodes of hypoglycemia - she may (or is) diabetic.
    i already addressed this in another post where i actually posted the result to my last glucose challenge test with insulin if diabete were diagnosed by hyperinsulinemia, rather than by just glucose, i'd be EXTREMLEY diabetic. i asked several of my docs about some diabetes meds that i'd research and/or if there are any meds that are appropriate for me. they all just shrugged their shoulders

She often describes being extremely tired and lethargic and is relying on stimulants for energy.
    most people would if they had the fu*ked up (postprandial) glucose/insulin levels that i experience

She is often extremely sleep deprived and is not allowing her body or CNS to recover. She relies on stimulants to make it through the day and sleep agents to sleep. not healthy.
    i use the term loosely (sleep deprivation = any night when i get under 6 hrs. sleep). hey, i don't do it intentionally - i have VERY busy life - work, personal committments, gym, etc.... and i MAKE sure to catch up every weekend and one day during the middle of the week.

Ideal body fat % for women is 20-25%. For women, body fat under 15-16% is generally not healthy for a long period of time. Low body fat in women can lead to hormonal imbalances, such as losing your period, as well as osteoporosis, which she mentions. "Women athletes who strive for better performance and lower body weight, often find themselves caught in a negative spiral that actually leads to decreased performance and health risks."

She mentions several times her hormonal imbalance causes her to overeat.
    This is not the only reason, much of it is psychological. She is basically writing a log on how to have an eating disorder. She has many signs of anorexia, describing binges and then not eating or eating very little, while trying to completely suppress her appetite with supplements. She has also mentioned taking laxatives at least once.
    i am fully aware that i have a very weird f*cked up "thing" going on with my metabolism/hormones... i don't know exactly what it is for sure, but i have a lot of clues, based on what makes my condition/"symptoms" better/worse... and based on the fact that the REAL bad sh!t (XTREME, XTREME, XTREME fatigue/overeating) started EXACTLY the time i got my period. the overeating was (HANDS DOWN) the worst that year, and has paralled my estrogen levels ever since that time.

i'm not going to blame it all on the estrogen, (like i will admit to doing a few times when i've been upset), cuz i know that i've struggled with hypoglycemia before i got my period... BUT (before i got my period) I NEVER COUNED CALORIES, NEVER GAVE A F*CK ABOUT WHAT I ATE - I LITERALLY HAD 7-8K DAYS AS A KID, NO ****ING JOKE, AND WAS THIN AS A RAIL (12 yrs. old and younger). so even then, even though the xtra food didnt cause me to gain weight, it still just proves that my metabolism was definitely not normal.

i could give tons of examples, but the point is, my life was NOT effected until i got my period - that's when the XTREME fatigue/overeating started...

AND, the sad truth is, from a clinical perspective, i would probably be considered "healthy" that year i got my period (despite how much i suffered/struggled) cuz i NEVER, and i repeat NEVER restricted my food intake - that 1st year i got my period - in hopes that i would get some energy/strength back to live the active/athletic lifestyle that i treasure.

i know you are just trying to help, but this is a real put down - i mean, i work with a personal trainer (for my eating) because i want to do things right! you make it seem like i am starving myself and do ENDLESS hours of cardio a day, when i am eating 1800 cals/day.... a hella lot more than most females that are my height/age/activity (and yes, i'm sure there are females my height/age/activity level that eat more as well, but for the most part, i'm still at the high end). and i do six hours of cardio per WEEK. i'm sure this seems like A LOT to most of you (lifters), but not for me, considering i used to run competitively and do a lot more. i do that amout of cardio because i enjoy it and taylor my workouts to keep me in shape for compeitively horseback riding.

The detailed descriptions in her logs and exercise routine is borederline Obsessive-Compulsive, every "feeling" mentioned, detailed times, obviously spending ALOT of time on this site with "multiple" logs going at the same time. OCD and anorexia often go hand-in-hand. hour long cardio 6 days/wk.
    i've always been mildly OCD... long long before puberty; (so, unless 7,000-8,000+ cals is anorexic ... lets not even go there). i get bored very easily (cuz i tend to be smarter than the avg. person) and basically started adding things up/being very detailed in my training logs out of boredm.

AT 5'3" and 115-ish, you ARE NOT FAT.
    omg... wtf??? i never said that i was... nor do i think that!

more later... time for a meal
    I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter...

TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i don't think you know how much 7k-8k cals really is. Most guys have trouble putting that down.

dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i absolutely do. i have a scale that weights food to the gram, and a book that tells the caloric value of practically every food.

an example of a meal during which i had overeaten:
    1 pound (COOKED) salmon (no butter or any other kind of sauces) ~1000+ cals
    1 pound (COOKED) sweat potato (again, no butter, sugar, or sauces) ~500+ cals
    1/4 gallon of skim milk (~300 cals)

this is so irritating. i appreciate you ppl are tyring to help, but you really have no idea of what i go thru, not having met me in person. i hate coming on here and defending every little thing - many of which are blown WAY out of proportion. i've practically written a book in my defense on here (but more so on the AL boards). therefore i have decided not to comment further; if you really want to talk with me, take it to PM's. i simply don't have the time (or desire) to spend my evenings in this way.

RE: my long detailed journal/log entries. i really like to write and have always been really detailed. i wanted to make it fun/informative for people to read, but from now i will shorten things if thats what you ppl want.

and one last thing, pharm - i appreciate you concern, but there is a big difference between me (5'3" 111+ lbs) and (in one of your posts, i believe you compared me to your x girlfriend) who was THREE INCHES TALLER........ AND ...........over 15 lbs LESS than me. quite a difference.

My last words....

Like Uhockey said, as health professionals, we want you to be healthy.
    I find it hard to believe that you have not been properly diagnosed/treated by a physician.

Like I said, take it or leave it. you don't want help obviously.

This post is for others then......

Bodybuilding/exercise is about health. There is little that she is doing that is healthly. I personally find it irresponsible for her to post logs for public viewing that could be construed by someone as valid and something to imitate, especially by some of the younger people or other women for that matter.

They way she is choosing to lose weight is NOT conventional.
    Not eating properly, and doing massive amounts of cardio while popping stimulants to stay awake and sleep agents (while being admittedly sleep depreived) to sleep is not the way to lose weight. She admits to fatigue and lethargy, but seems to attribute all of her problems to hormone imbalance.

She frequently mentions feeling hypoglycemic, but instead of eating, she pops a stimulant or appietite supressant. that is dangerous. Your body lets you know when it needs something in various ways for a reason. It should not be casually ignored and hope it will go away by taking anothere supplement. Hypoglycemia is not to be taken lightly.

Least of all, she has underlying hormonal imbalance and a possible eating disorder as well as other issues - How is one to judge effectiveness of a weight loss supplement or an appetite supressant???
    With her underlying issues, these supplements are going to have unknown action and side effects than taken by a "normal" person (whatever that means), so I hesitate to take any feelings/results from her as valid.

Sorry that you are irritated/angry, but I feel it would be very IRRESPONSIBLE on my part as a health professional not to point this out, and let others know.
    I hope her actions in her logs are not being imitated or influencing anyone.

OUT. I have wasted enough time on this. Try to do something altruistic, and get NO appreciation. typical.

Originally Posted by dressagerulz23
    and one last thing, pharm - i appreciate you concern, but there is a big difference between me (5'3" 111+ lbs) and (in one of your posts, i believe you compared me to your x girlfriend) who was THREE INCHES TALLER........ AND ...........over 15 lbs LESS than me. quite a difference.
    the comparison had nothing to do with physical size, sorry you didn't get that.
    Reading your logs - I've experienced that with her, including the denial, defensiveness, excuses, and of course always having justification for all of your actions

I am really done now.
    Last edited by pharm; 11-02-2005 at 07:10 PM.

OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100)
    You did a good thing. Ill rep you though it wont do much

twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) twangtownguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I understand Pharm's concerns, (and I share them) but I have to question why he posted this information in a public forum instead of contacting her directly.

By posting publicly and setting her out like he did, he didn't do much more than antagonize her and put her on the defensive.

Pharm, you seen extremely qualified in your field and you may very well be 100% correct in your post. However, it seems pharmacists are not taught bedside manner.

I think you just pissed her off. Medical/personal concerns are best left to be discussed in private.

OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100) OMGitsMAX is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yeah but maybe its there for others to relate to. Plus, people dont realize what they have.. It took me like a year to realize I have anxiety.
    Plus, its just a messege board. For all we know, "she" might not even be a girl. :P

Originally Posted by twangtownguy
    I understand Pharm's concerns, (and I share them) but I have to question why he posted this information in a public forum instead of contacting her directly.

By posting publicly and setting her out like he did, he didn't do much more than antagonize her and put her on the defensive.

Pharm, you seen extremely qualified in your field and you may very well be 100% correct in your post. However, it seems pharmacists are not taught bedside manner.

I think you just pissed her off. Medical/personal concerns are best left to be discussed in private.
    Like I said, it may piss her off, but it may help others - maybe help them recognize problems with friends, family members, or themselves.
    I am looking at the bigger picture and don't want people influenced by her logs.

I have got MANY positive comments, so upsetting only one person in the process seems like maybe I did do the right thing. She's on her own, good luck to her.

BTW - she made all of her medical/personal information/history FOR ALL TO SEE on a PUBLIC meassage board. Maybe she justs wants attention. I am done giving it to her.

My concern now lies elsewhere = should I get Skittles or Starburst out of the vending machine tonight?
    Last edited by pharm; 11-02-2005 at 09:31 PM.

vascularing defination Newbtime's Avatar
    Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Newbtime has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe i read somthing wrong, but it said she is geting 7 thousand calories a day??????

What??? I hope im wrong here, because that is extremely way too much food, Ronnie coleman weighs a solid 300 lbs, and eats around 10. Not to mention he works out 6 times a week. Which is also impossible for a normal person to do.

The is no reason a 115 lb girl needs even HALF that. i would say that 1/4 of that is STILL too much.

Dear god i hope i miss read somthing, that is retarded.
    Last edited by Oldtime; 11-02-2005 at 08:58 PM.

I need help - maybe I should start a poll

SKITTLES OR STARBURST (OR SWEETARTS)?????????

Remember people - exercise is for HEALTH and FEELING GOOD!!!
    NUTRITION and REST are GOOD things!
    More does not always equal better!

****End of Public Service Announcement****

Is anyone else pissed that in the last 2 episodes of Nip/Tuck, they did not even mention the Carver?
    Watch Ultimate Fight night 2 this Saturday on Spike TV!
    Last edited by pharm; 11-02-2005 at 09:34 PM.

Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Diana Ball has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Good post. Too many around here are scared to question the obvious for fear of rep-ribution.
    Dont waste your time!

This post is for others then......
    i appreciate that you are trying to help, but please stop using me as an example... [b]especially when you distort the facts (i eat ~3500-5500 mgs/day of sodium, not 2400 as you had said eariler; as just ONE of several examples).

She frequently mentions feeling hypoglycemic, but instead of eating, she pops a stimulant or appietite supressant. that is dangerous. Hypoglycemia is not to be taken lightly.
    no it is not. i've discussed more fully the type of hypoglycemia i experience: postprandial hypoglycemia which is FAR FAR FAR worse when i eat in the morning; usually ONLY 20-60 min after a meal (whether it be 100 cals or 600 cals) it feels as though someone has DRUGGED me - i loose my concentration and struggle greatly with energy... yet you CRITICIZE me for not eating when i experience this hypoglycemia don't you realize - that's what happened in the past - those summer's when i'd eat 5000-6000+ cals/day (and the year i got my period - 7,000 - 8,000+ cals/day) - (despite only THIRTY mintues after a meal, i'd eat again to rid myself of the horrible hypoglycemic feeling) -

taken directly from an (epic) poem i wrote about the sh!t i've gone thru* (*back when i wrote the poem, i was LUCKY in that the postprandial hypoglycemia would strike ~1.5-2 hrs.... for the past 2 years, it hits ~20-60 min after a meal) -
    It happened like this: I’d have a normal sized meal,
    But two hours later I would suddenly feel
    Fatigued and shaky, so I’d have a light snack,
    But only a full sized meal would bring some energy back.
    I’d feel gross and full, but only have enough power
    To function and get by for another two hours.
    Still feeling full, I would start out with a light snack,
    But just like before, only a giant meal would bring some energy back.
    Least of all, she has underlying hormonal imbalance and a possible eating disorder as well as other issues - How is one to judge effectiveness of a weight loss supplement or an appetite supressant???
    With her underlying issues, these supplements are going to have unknown action and side effects than taken by a "normal" person (whatever that means), so I hesitate to take any feelings/results from her as valid.
    i've mentioned my hormonal imbalance in SEVERAL posts; i did not tried to hide anything in order to become a tester. therefore, if you have a problem with me as a tester, please take it up with me and/or the ones who chose me as a tester thru PMs. i also posted details of my condition in my logs (not trying to hide it there either).[/QUOTE]

Sorry that you are irritated/angry, but I feel it would be very IRRESPONSIBLE on my part as a health professional not to point this out, and let others know.
    I hope her actions in her logs are not being imitated or influencing anyone.

OUT. I have wasted enough time on this. Try to do something altruistic, and get NO appreciation. typical.
    i appreciate your intent to help. i'm just upset because you did not get all the facts straight; and, you really can't make a judgement across the internet. i have seen ~20-30 doctors (endocrinologists, gynecologists, homeopathic, naturiopathic, phychatrists, psychologists, counselors, etc.) over the past few years. none have been able to help me much. experience with the "mental" docs (phychatrists, psychologists, counselors, etc.) almost always end the same way: after a few initial appointments of going over my blood work and several other tests i've had done, my lenghty struggle/details of what's been going on, etc. they apologize and say they are unable to help - that [I] was right all along in that i've definitely got something (physical) going on (and am handling it quite well, considering all i'd been thru). oftentimes, these visits end with a referral to (yet another) endocrinologist, gynecologist, homeopathic/naturiopathic doc, etc... all of which i follow up (but with no luck )

now i'm going to ask again, even your posts for the "public good," can you please stop using me as an example. it's very hurtful as you don't have all the facts (blood work & other tests), nor the finer details of what i experience; also, you've said some things that were dead wrong (obviously the mis-information was not intentional! don't get me wrong, i understand you are trying to help); but from what's happened it's obviously hard to convey all this information over the internet, w/o meeting with me and going over some of my tests, history, and other details. again, thank you for you help, and please take ANY MORE comments about this to PMs.

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Diana Ball
    Good post. Too many around here are scared to question the obvious for fear of rep-ribution.
    Reps are useless

Smile

How conveinent, I don't even need to start a new thread!

Guys, I know a lot knowledgable people in the section will read this, and I do have a VERY SERIOUS health concern (which, btw, has NOTHING to do with my hormonal imbalance/tumor/other issues): if any knows, i am very concerned about the potential risks of both long and short term exposure to radiation (work related) - like in the form of working with radioactive isotopes (I^125, P^33, C^14, and tritium) in a drug discovery, high through-put screening lab (which is what i do at my job).

I just started working there at the end of August, as a temp, and LOVE it - PERFECT physical balance between sitting/standing all day; PERFECT "mental" balance between analyzing data/doing calculations on the computer and then just letting your mind rest from all the heavy analysis when executing the experiments; AWESOME group of ppl that i get along with/VERY considerate bosses; a VERY flexibe schedule (usually ) - i can eat WHENEVER i want and (usually) have a 2 hour time frame from when I choose when i want to start the work day. I am perfectly happy... but the one (BIG) concern is the risks of working with the radioactivity - both long/short term exposure and health effects.

I'm mean, obviously we take precautions - always wear a lab coat, disposable lab sleeves, safety gloves, and safety glasses - but still, it seems like not matter HOW HARD I try, I always come into contact with it indirectly, (via "vectors")... like after i've disposed of my gloves and remove my equipment, I'm gonna have to touch something that's previously touched something else that was radioactive... and the bottoms of my shoes from walking in the lab... not to mention any possible exposure from inhalation or ingestion (via vectors). In terms of the contact exposure, the first thing I ALWAYS do upon leaving the lab is to wash my hands... but still, wouldn't that be too late? Like, once something that's radioactive touches your skin, it gets right in, right?

If anyone has any experience/knowledge about this, please let me know. Obviously work isn't the best place to ask, if I'm looking for an unbiased answer.

Originally Posted by dressagerulz23
    How conveinent, I don't even need to start a new thread!

Guys, I know a lot knowledgable people in the section will read this, and I do have a VERY SERIOUS health concern (which, btw, has NOTHING to do with my hormonal imbalance/tumor/other issues): if any knows, i am very concerned about the potential risks of both long and short term exposure to radiation (work related) - like in the form of working with radioactive isotopes (I^125, P^33, C^14, and tritium) in a drug discovery, high through-put screening lab (which is what i do at my job).

I just started working there at the end of August, as a temp, and LOVE it - PERFECT physical balance between sitting/standing all day; PERFECT "mental" balance between analyzing data/doing calculations on the computer and then just letting your mind rest from all the heavy analysis when executing the experiments; AWESOME group of ppl that i get along with/VERY considerate bosses; a VERY flexibe schedule (usually ) - i can eat WHENEVER i want and (usually) have a 2 hour time frame from when I choose when i want to start the work day. I am perfectly happy... but the one (BIG) concern is the risks of working with the radioactivity - both long/short term exposure and health effects.

I'm mean, obviously we take precautions - always wear a lab coat, disposable lab sleeves, safety gloves, and safety glasses - but still, it seems like not matter HOW HARD I try, I always come into contact with it indirectly, (via "vectors")... like after i've disposed of my gloves and remove my equipment, I'm gonna have to touch something that's previously touched something else that was radioactive... and the bottoms of my shoes from walking in the lab... not to mention any possible exposure from inhalation or ingestion (via vectors). In terms of the contact exposure, the first thing I ALWAYS do upon leaving the lab is to wash my hands... but still, wouldn't that be too late? Like, once something that's radioactive touches your skin, it gets right in, right?

If anyone has any experience/knowledge about this, please let me know. Obviously work isn't the best place to ask, if I'm looking for an unbiased answer.

Will forward you all studies on monday.

deon10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

Hey Pharm, i couldn't read all your post because it's too long but do you think i could have the same side effects if i only take proteins, creatine and a NO booster ?

Originally Posted by deon10
    Hey Pharm, i couldn't read all your post because it's too long but do you think i could have the same side effects if i only take proteins, creatine and a NO booster ?
    If you preface your question by saying you couldn't read my post because it's too long, that means you have no idea what my post or the subject matter is that is being discussed?

If you are that lazy, no I am not going to answer your question.

deon10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy

If you preface your question by saying you couldn't read my post because it's too long, that means you have no idea what my post or the subject matter is that is being discussed?

If you are that lazy, no I am not going to answer your question.
    Hey man you didn't understand me, i don't understand very well english that's why i couldn't read all your post, i got confused. there are so many difficult words i couldn't understand.
    Sorry if you missunderstood me !!!