Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is a saying that the defination of stupidy is when you repeat a process over and over and achieve the same results. That to me is Christmas shopping blindly. I cannot tell you how many times I have bought the "wrong" gift for someone only to see it taken back, never used, or given away. My GF loves getting gift cards and has told me so. If she did not I wouldn't get them as I would feel they would also fall under the catagory of useless gifts. I believe that explains why QG still has his cards in his wallet, men are NOT shoppers.

giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) giantfan43 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Rhinoclan View Post
    Maybe I'm crazy, but if everyone is getting/giving gift cards, why not just have the whole family show up for Christmas, everyone take out their wallets, and everyone can exchange $20 bills. Isn't that really the same thing?
    My wife and I say that all the time too ! Her family does nothing but give gift cards .. not all but most. Now they've gotten in the habit of giving AMEX Gift cards which are the least thoughtful of all gift cards Those cards say, "I didn't want to give you cash, cuz I thought it was tacky, but I have no clue what you like so I'll give you this generic card instead, and I don't give a crap where you use it" ! They might as well just hand out 20 dollar bills !

On another note however, I do not think it is tacky to give out gift cards. Much as startinover says, its better than buying a gift no one wants. I do buy them but usually as add-ons as well.
    www.homefitness101.com

Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rhinoclan has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I must confess, that I give my nieces and nephews gift cards, since I think kids really enjoy shopping for themselves, and by just giving cash, gives them a little too much leeway in how to use it. For adults, I never buy gift cards, as I pay attention to them throughout the year. For example, I got my Mom the coffee of the month club for the year, as she drinks about 8 cups of coffee per day. I never buy clothes, as that's too personal. I try to by frivolous things, that they normally wouldn't buy themselves.

pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pgb2006 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Picky people are challenging. If you buy a gift they won`t like it. If you buy them a gift card they won`t like the store it came from or the fact you gave them a tacky gift card rather than a well thought out purchase just tailored to their liking. They will not tell you what they like because you are supposed to "know" somehow. If you give them a card with cash to avoid the spoiled moment of how thoughtless you are for not buying the perfect gift they think you are even More thoughtless for just wanting give them cash and preserve your sanity and avoid the anxiety of watching their face as they obviously hate what you bought. They can`t hide the look of disappointment and force a smile,"Oh, dear,You SHOULDN`T have!"...(really true unfortunately!)

Then you have to give them one of last years fruitcake out of the freezer with the funny green things inside just to get revenge. yum!

IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronIc is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My daughter requested a gift card, so that is what she's getting

My mother likes to eat out, so I usually get her a gift card to some nice restaurant.
    ~ Penney

Diet * (weights + cardio) = success

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139344213&p=774586483#post774586483

We must be the change we wish to see in the world
    -Ghandi

StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StartinOver-68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pgb2006 View Post
    Picky people are challenging. If you buy a gift they won`t like it. If you buy them a gift card they won`t like the store it came from or the fact you gave them a tacky gift card rather than a well thought out purchase just tailored to their liking. They will not tell you what they like because you are supposed to "know" somehow. If you give them a card with cash to avoid the spoiled moment of how thoughtless you are for not buying the perfect gift they think you are even More thoughtless for just wanting give them cash and preserve your sanity and avoid the anxiety of watching their face as they obviously hate what you bought. They can`t hide the look of disappointment and force a smile,"Oh, dear,You SHOULDN`T have!"...(really true unfortunately!)

Then you have to give them one of last years fruitcake out of the freezer with the funny green things inside just to get revenge. yum!
    I couldn't have said it better....... Reps to you !!

eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) eddie.mac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I give gift cards to my nephews and niece. Last year my brother got an ipod so I bought him an iTunes gift card. he loved it.

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I got all of my family cards with a donation made in their name to the Human Fund...

..money for people.

Merry Christmas.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pretty Hardcore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks so much for all of your posts, you have helped me a great deal.

I like the idea of the gift card, but I think I will also get a small gift too. It will be a bit more shopping, but I want the gift to be a little more heartfelt.

QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fit_Focus View Post
    ...I like the idea of the gift card, but I think I will also get a small gift too. It will be a bit more shopping, but I want the gift to be a little more heartfelt.

I think you nailed it!
    "it's always a good day to start lifting"
    Flex Magazine, Mar. '07, pg.44

"There is no secret routine, there is no magical number of reps and sets. What there is, is confidence, belief, hard work on a consistant basis, and a desire to succeed. This is what I mean when I say accept your limits and when the time is right, you will push right through your limits time and time again, mentally and physically."
    --Steve Justa

Emma523 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice idea but the cards is very common. you should give gift flower to your family or friends