Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Which supps are worth getting?

To save time, let me begin by saying I still live with my folks currently and am going to college, so I'm somewhat broke but not just flat out broke and I have access to good food and my diet is great. That being said, which supplements are actually worth spending the money on and having as a part of my long-term stack? I am currently taking ON Whey (taste isn't great, but great protein and very cost effective, I'll try others as deals come up Phase 8 was really good), Orange Triad Multi-Vitamin (really like these, probably wont switch), Orange Oximega Fish Oils (came free with the multi's will probably switch to muscle pharm or something a little cheaper but still with good quality oil), and Pre and Post Jym. The Pre and Post Jym are GREAT but very expensive... $35 for 20 servings for each, so $70 just in pre and post for 20 workouts is a little too much to me. So in addition to the whey, multis, and fish oil, and creatine monohydrate (i'll be switching to allmax with my new stack), which supplements do y'all think are actually worth getting for the money it costs?

Going a step further! starseller's Avatar
    starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000) starseller is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    To save time, let me begin by saying I still live with my folks currently and am going to college, so I'm somewhat broke but not just flat out broke and I have access to good food and my diet is great. That being said, which supplements are actually worth spending the money on and having as a part of my long-term stack? I am currently taking ON Whey (taste isn't great, but great protein and very cost effective, I'll try others as deals come up Phase 8 was really good), Orange Triad Multi-Vitamin (really like these, probably wont switch), Orange Oximega Fish Oils (came free with the multi's will probably switch to muscle pharm or something a little cheaper but still with good quality oil), and Pre and Post Jym. The Pre and Post Jym are GREAT but very expensive... $35 for 20 servings for each, so $70 just in pre and post for 20 workouts is a little too much to me. So in addition to the whey, multis, and fish oil, and creatine monohydrate (i'll be switching to allmax with my new stack), which supplements do y'all think are actually worth getting for the money it costs?
    Fish oil, multivitamin, whey is pretty much all you need.
    Current journal: http://bbcom.me/1lXLKDv
    SPONSORED LOG BEAST PRODUCTS: http://bbcom.me/XLSn2H
    SPONSORED LOG BLUESTAR BLADE: http://bbcom.me/1ylSuDf
    SPONSORED LOG MAGNUM OPUS: http://bbcom.me/XLTxew

Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Vinny82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like you have the bases covered especially on a budget. You could keep the pre-jym and drop the post jym and just add some carbs to your protein post workout if thats what your looking for.
    Gaspari Plasmajet Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172183503&p=1457431243#post1457431243

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're looking for suggestions..

Keep the whey only if you need the convenience.. for postworkout just do whey or a meal.
    I'd keep the Oximega fishoils, good value for the EPA/DHA
    For cheaper Pre, SAN Fierce Domination which already covers creatine and it's like $35 for 40 servings., White flood reborn or bb.com Scream which is similar to Prejym but costs slightly less, heard good things of Katana too.

Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Vinny82 View Post
    Looks like you have the bases covered especially on a budget. You could keep the pre-jym and drop the post jym and just add some carbs to your protein post workout if thats what your looking for.
    That might be what I decide to do. If so I'll have to get some creatine HCL instead because that's what is in Pre Jym, I could take an additional 2g of hcl a day and be fine though. Pre Jym is just so damn good, it's definitely worth the money I think.

Originally Posted by DASBUNKER View Post
    If you're looking for suggestions..

Keep the whey only if you need the convenience.. for postworkout just do whey or a meal.
    I'd keep the Oximega fishoils, good value for the EPA/DHA
    For cheaper Pre, SAN Fierce Domination which already covers creatine and it's like $35 for 40 servings., White flood reborn or bb.com Scream which is similar to Prejym but costs slightly less, heard good things of Katana too.
    Thanks I'll probably stick with the oxi megas they are really good and no fish burps which is great. Checked out the san fierce, not sure if I'll try it or not but thanks for the suggestion

Work hard......get strong browguy808's Avatar
    browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000) browguy808 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Protein, creatine, fish oil and a multivitamin......these come secondary to a solid diet, training program and lots of quality sleep.
    For those that love to train!
    http://www.********.com/groups/1539654536256800/

"ua mau ke ea o ka aina i ka pono"

Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cadences is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by browguy808 View Post
    Protein, creatine, fish oil and a multivitamin......these come secondary to a solid diet, training program and lots of quality sleep.
    This. Anything else (like a pre) could be added but it isn't what I would consider a "core supplement".
    Because all we care about is getting fking rich.

Big is out, Greek is in Outside backer's Avatar
    Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Outside backer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ergogenix just Launched Ergoblast. Pineapple Mango which is unreal or strawberry kiwi. No crash, no jitters, con-crete reinforced and 5.00 off right now at bb.com. Amazing deal

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/er...ergoblast.html

Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Opportuniteas1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You don't need that many supplements. If you don't get outside in the sunshine much I would recommend adding in a Vitamin D3 supplement if its not included in an adequate amount in your multi.
    I blog about the latest issues in health and nutrition.
    http://www.opportuniteas.com/blog

Want incredibly clear natural energy try ClearTea
    http://www.opportuniteas.com/cleartea

Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000) Jiigzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Opportuniteas1 View Post
    You don't need that many supplements. If you don't get outside in the sunshine much I would recommend adding in a Vitamin D3 supplement if its not included in an adequate amount in your multi.
    Best answer right here. Vitamin D3 is the one thing I would get in UNLESS you are exposed to the sun for a good amount of time each day. Save money on a multi by buying a variety of fruit and vegetables and blending them up.

For some options, try:

2 Carrots
    1 Apple
    1 Banana
    1/2 cup green Cup Spinach
    1/2 cup red cabbage
    250ml Fruit Juice Base
    1/2 cup Cup Blueberries
    Optional: A pinch or two of ginger
    Optional Beet Root

or

1/2 Cup Grapes
    1 Kiwifruit
    1 Banana
    2 Carrots
    1/2 Cup Spinach or Kale (kale preferred but it does ruin the taste of the drink IMO)
    1/2 Cup Red Cabbage
    1/2 Cup Blueberries
    1/2 Cup Watermelon/ Rockmelon/ or normal melon
    Lemon and/ Or Lime Juice (125 ml)

Both of these make enough to split over a few shakes over a whole day. Blend them though, don't juice them.

I'd even drop the fish oil and opt for 3 meals per week of fatty fish like salmon instead.

As for a pre; caffeine tabs and yohimbine in bulk make good options or simply go without.
    Last edited by Jiigzz; 05-06-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    You strong like Rambo, look like hero, but your brain just like potato

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Caffeine caps, creatine mono and NOW Adam for your multi if on budget.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife

MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Depending on your meal plan and food options

Whey Protein- BioX Whey Complex, Pronom, Syngex, Cor Series, etc
    Fish Oil- 2-3g of epa/dha a day. Oximega is a good choice.
    Vit D

Originally Posted by browguy808 View Post
    Yeah, definitely. You'll never make gains if you can't come to terms with that understanding. I just meant supplement wise, I got the basics down Thanks for the fb though.

Originally Posted by Outside backer View Post
    Ergogenix just Launched Ergoblast. Pineapple Mango which is unreal or strawberry kiwi. No crash, no jitters, con-crete reinforced and 5.00 off right now at bb.com. Amazing deal

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/er...ergoblast.html
    Checked it out, couldn't see myself buying it without having tried it first to be honest. Pre Jym is something I actually don't mind paying the extra for, might get some hemavol since it's stim free.

Originally Posted by MasterBench View Post

Vit D
    Keep hearing about this biox whey... Might have to check it out on BOGO. Thanks man

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Only ones other than calorie based (protein powders, etc) that have the research to support their used are: creatine and caffeine.
    Exercise Physiologist
    M.S. - Exercise and Sport Physiology
    West Chester University of Pennsylvania
    B.S. - Kinesiology
    University of Maryland

*Note: I am in no way, shape, or form suggested for anyone to do anything. Anything I post is purely based off of my own personal experience and opinions. If you decide to follow or do anything I say, that is of your own free will and not my suggestion.*

Powerlifting and junk imagedynamix's Avatar
    imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imagedynamix is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As stated, caffeine pills. They're super cheap and work pretty well, especially if your tolerance is low. Multi for sure, but do some research and check digestibility of whatever you're taking. I prefer liquid multivitamins, but that's me. Whey protein is always good - try Dymatize's Elite 100% Whey Isolate at $86ish for 10lbs. It's quite a deal and doesn't taste too bad.

All else is personal preference. I don't take a PWO anymore, I actually do just fine without it. Just get plenty of rest and drink lots of water and you should be good to go.
    Jesus Christ all day

Social Club Misfit Gang Wolf Pack

Originally Posted by aman88 View Post
    Only ones other than calorie based (protein powders, etc) that have the research to support their used are: creatine and caffeine.
    Think I might just stick to the good ole basics and say **** PWO's and just get protein, vitamins, fish oils, and some mono from now on. Eat a good ass breakfast, drink a couple cups of coffee and some water and I'll be good to go. But damn Pre Jym is pretty fkn great.

Originally Posted by imagedynamix View Post
    As stated, caffeine pills. They're super cheap and work pretty well, especially if your tolerance is low. Multi for sure, but do some research and check digestibility of whatever you're taking. I prefer liquid multivitamins, but that's me. Whey protein is always good - try Dymatize's Elite 100% Whey Isolate at $86ish for 10lbs. It's quite a deal and doesn't taste too bad.

All else is personal preference. I don't take a PWO anymore, I actually do just fine without it. Just get plenty of rest and drink lots of water and you should be good to go.
    I've heard a lot of good stuff on Dymatize, might have to check that out for real. Thanks brotha. I like that signature Reps 4 Jesus

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, definitely. You'll never make gains if you can't come to terms with that understanding. I just meant supplement wise, I got the basics down Thanks for the fb though.

Checked it out, couldn't see myself buying it without having tried it first to be honest. Pre Jym is something I actually don't mind paying the extra for, might get some hemavol since it's stim free.

Keep hearing about this biox whey... Might have to check it out on BOGO. Thanks man
    Originally Posted by MasterBench View Post

Vit D
    Good list here appreciate the BioX Whey Support

stick with the basics once diet and training are dialed in..
    Whey - BioX, Cellucor, CL, XF
    Creatine Mono
    MultiV - Orange Triad, ANavite
    Fisoil - High EPA/DHA ratio
    Preworkout if necessary (caffeine tabs) on a budget

Be sure to keep tracking your intake and increase 10% every 2weeks if no gains are made
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

Originally Posted by andrewwww View Post
    Good list here appreciate the BioX Whey Support

stick with the basics once diet and training are dialed in..
    Whey - BioX, Cellucor, CL, XF
    Creatine Mono
    MultiV - Orange Triad, ANavite
    Fisoil - High EPA/DHA ratio
    Preworkout if necessary (caffeine tabs) on a budget

Be sure to keep tracking your intake and increase 10% every 2weeks if no gains are made
    I think it's time I start counting my macros. I just eat a lot of food and train hard, I was getting really good gains (165-183 in 6 months) but after I hit 183 or so after I started taking creatine, I stayed there for a few weeks now. I guess I just need to eat more, started a new training scheme "Superman 2" it uses a periodization scheme with supersets and it's definitely kicking my ass. Might do a workout journal over it to help me keep track of my own progress and diet better.