DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto Question - alcohol related

I know the obvious answer to this question is don't drink, so I'll ask it hypothetically . I just started my keto diet on Sunday, I know this is very soon to be thinking about drinking but I have done keto a few times in the past and am usually in ketosis by the 3rd day (yesterday). Anyways, its a friend's b-day and I am supposed to meet them at the bar, what I'd like to know is how much is drinking going to throw off my keto diet, will it kick me out completely and make me take another few days to get back into it? It will be largely beer with a few shots, I don't have any low carb stuff and no time to get to the liquor store today . If all it will take is an intense workout tomorrow to drain glycogen to get back into keto sometime tomorrow i am willing to do this but I think i have heard that there should be no cheating for the 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Have a couple beers...Just don't get sh^t faced. Make up for it in the gym the next day.
    Psalm 121

DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DefiKojiro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fitnessman
    Have a couple beers...Just don't get sh^t faced. Make up for it in the gym the next day.
    fitnessman you're my hero.

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I expect a FULL report of how HARD you trained to make up for this!
    Psalm 121

I expect a FULL report of how HARD you trained to make up for this!
    won't quit till my retinas are bleeding.

Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I used to be so anal retentive about having one beer. I could have around 5-7 and still not be kicked out of Ketosis. But remember, alcohol is alcohol, not carbs, so 7cal/g. Drink up if you want. Remember your body has to get rid of the alcohol before it repairs your muscles.
    *****/*****
    Obsession with nutrition starts here.

Originally Posted by Man2kx
    I used to be so anal retentive about having one beer. I could have around 5-7 and still not be kicked out of Ketosis. But remember, alcohol is alcohol, not carbs, so 7cal/g. Drink up if you want. Remember your body has to get rid of the alcohol before it repairs your muscles.
    also has mass carbs. Beer etc, has only 5% alcohol and about 30+ carbs

When I am worried about my diet I drink Bud lite.

I guess it's an age thing with me. I deprived myself for years of many things...Now I really don't sweat it if I am in social situation and have a beer or two or food that isn't quite right.

Funny thing is...The last couple years I have been happier and made some of better gains of my life.

I say train hard (always) and eat right most the time.

Tell you buddy I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! First round is on me!
    Psalm 121

Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Haywood Jablome has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I guess it's an age thing with me.
    I guess when you get to 100 you can do that

/M\

Who's High Pitch

What you say sonie?
    Psalm 121

ct-7b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct-7b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ct-7b has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DefiKojiro
    I know the obvious answer to this question is don't drink, so I'll ask it hypothetically . I just started my keto diet on Sunday, I know this is very soon to be thinking about drinking but I have done keto a few times in the past and am usually in ketosis by the 3rd day (yesterday). Anyways, its a friend's b-day and I am supposed to meet them at the bar, what I'd like to know is how much is drinking going to throw off my keto diet, will it kick me out completely and make me take another few days to get back into it? It will be largely beer with a few shots, I don't have any low carb stuff and no time to get to the liquor store today . If all it will take is an intense workout tomorrow to drain glycogen to get back into keto sometime tomorrow i am willing to do this but I think i have heard that there should be no cheating for the 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help
    alcohol is ketogenic, but block the lypolisis.....
    i prefear shift from beer to red vine....it's soooo gooood....
    "I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me" (M.Manson)

I got absolutely wrecked last night. 10 shots, 4 beers and 3 double rye and cokes :| felt like **** this morning but I made myself go to the gym at noon (still empty stomach because I couldnt eat anything). Did the first leg workout I've done in a long time and kicked my own ass... leg pressing 400+ lbs kills a hangover quick. Than I finished it off with 20 mins on the eliptical and discovered I could barely walk when i tried leaving. So in conclusion, alcohol is the devil and hangovers are hell but I didn't let that stop me from having the most intense weight workout in a few weeks

Psalm 121

coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000) coach Hale is just really nice. (+1000)
    alcohol will almost completely impair the bodies ability to utilize ffas

once ketosis is established alcohol seems to deepen ketosis

Alcohol can be converted to ketone bodies in the liver. This tends to result in less fat loss due to the use of alcohol for kbodie production

Some people report increase feelings of drunkeness when in ketosis

coach hale
    www.maxcondition.com