mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50) mistahans will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How Long Until Milk Goes Bad at Room Temperature?

Hey all, I am at college, and I generally like to lift around 2:30 in the afternoon. I usually have my post workout shake around 4:00, and I hate mixing it with water. I would like to get the extra 8 grams or so of protein that milk offers.

But my problem is that I can only get milk at around 12 from the cafeteria. I don't mind drinking warmish milk at all. But is there anything really wrong with milk after being at room temperature for like 5 hours? I would have to carry my shaker bottle with milk around to class until I get to lift.

Plz help!

Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cynical_Simian is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Consistently risking a nice dose of bacteria will hinder your progress more than those eight grams of protein will help it. Just use a bit of extra whey if you really want more protein.

wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    5 hours??? no way man, thats too long...if your that keen on the milk, why not take a lil esky with an ice pack in it or something to keep the milk cool?
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees

The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It depends on the temperature that the milk is stored at. To be safe here are some general guidelines for time and temperature for milk:

At room temperature of 60 degrees F milk will stay safe for 24 hours.

At room temperature of 66-72 degrees F milk will stay safe for 10 hours.

At room temperature of 79 degrees F milk will stay safe for 4-6 hours.

If you really want it to stay fresh as long as possible freeze the milk, it will take anywhere from 1-4 hours to thaw depending on the amount of milk and the temperature of the room. The weird thing about the physics of ice is that water or milk with ice in doesn't heat up till all the ice melts. For the
    simple reason that it's constantly supplied with water at 0C/32F, from the
    melting ice, at a rate that exactly matches the applied heat. So not only will milk stay cold until all of it has melted, but then it will take even more time for the milk to warm up to room temperature. The best bet for keeping it cold longest would be to freeze it right in a shaker to create a solid block of frozen milk. It's worth a shot if you raelly want that milk in your shake.

The Doc
    I do not have an M.D. or a Ph.D., Doc is a nickname, please don't ask me about your personal itching.

BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000) BillyB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mistahans
    Hey all, I am at college, and I generally like to lift around 2:30 in the afternoon. I usually have my post workout shake around 4:00, and I hate mixing it with water. I would like to get the extra 8 grams or so of protein that milk offers.

But my problem is that I can only get milk at around 12 from the cafeteria. I don't mind drinking warmish milk at all. But is there anything really wrong with milk after being at room temperature for like 5 hours? I would have to carry my shaker bottle with milk around to class until I get to lift.

Plz help!
    Add 6 ice cubes and it will stay cold for a few hours.

Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50) Canadian Iron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vm/chill.html

"VitaMinder's Chilled Shaker is a convenient way to keep your nutrition shake cool from start to finish. It keeps cool through an ice wand that stands in the middle of your drink. The ice wand can keep it's cool for hours after frozen and is reusable over and over again. The bottom of the shaker doubles as a storage compartment designed to hold up to 60 grams of your favorite protein powder. The lid comes complete with a snap in sifter to break up clumps and give a smooth and cold shake. The Chilled Shaker holds up to 12 oz. of liquid."

mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcxk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    would the whey be less effective if you already mix it with the milk and freeze the shake together? or would you have to freeze the milk seperately and then mix it with the whey when you want to consume it?