implicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How do you make your neck bigger?

Is there a way to make your neck bigger without using those dangerous machined exercises. Let alone their are none at my gym. My neck looks too skinny compared to the rest of my body what do I do?
    It's time for growth! Confidence is key.

dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    wrestler's bridge works wonders for the neck
    Aint that bout a bitch, My skinny ass cousin squats he gets girls, WHEN I SQUAT, I get guys.

Repect All, But Fear No One.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

D15_H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to make it look somewhat bigger, do shoulder shrugs which will make you have bigger traps, but all in all your neck will look bigger....
    Name:Derek
    Height:5'11
    Wt:180
    Bis:15.5

"I need to come back and remind people that I have a gigantic brick tied to my shoe and I am going to kick you in the balls really hard,."And then I am going to kiss you and look really good while I do it."

Originally posted by D15_H
    to make it look somewhat bigger, do shoulder shrugs which will make you have bigger traps, but all in all your neck will look bigger....
    Oh yeah! Thanks. Although I've been doing shrugs for quite some time with little gains. How long does it take for a significant development? Should I lift more weight? Eat more?

I am 135 right now and eating a little over 2800 calories a day.

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    anything that works the neck directly is very dangerous.

My advice would to not train it directly and to just let it grow over time(as you lift heavier and heavier and breathe harder and harder, it'll grow by itself).

I'm very hesitant in saying this, but hey, i'll trust you're mature enough not to go running out and doing it, heh. better you read it here and somewhere else and go hurt yourself

The best way to directly train your neck are neck curls

- lay down on a flat bench, with your head and neck over the end of the bench

-make sure your neck is relaxed and it's hanging down as much as possible

-hold a weight plate against your forehead

-SLOWLY raise(don't lift your body) your neck up, then slowly lower it. Kinda like pretend there is a hot chick infront of you as you raise it slowly, then to get a full stretch as you lower it, pretend there is a hot chick doing bent over rows behind you, heh.

the neck responds almost instantly to direct training. i threw on about 1/4'' on mine in under a month. However, it's quite dangerous and easy to injure. If it isn't relaxed enough, you can pull a muscle, or as you're raising it you can pinch a nerve, or any number of things.

I myself don't train my neck anymore, mainyl because of the risk involved.

if you are going to go do it and not need my advice about just leaving it be, atleast start off slowly like with a 10pd. plate. and do NOT go any heavier than a 45pd. plate. Sure, it may seem easy(when i left it I was doing 45*4sets*20reps), but anymore and you're going to enter a danger zone where your chances of hurting yourself almost quadruple. and remember to go slowly through the motion. too fast/using momentum=hello Mr. Ambulance
    Booo

Originally posted by dez\null
    What is that?

mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bridges.. put a pillow down, bridge your back so your feet are on the ground holding up your lower body, and your neck is holding up your upper body.. be carefull

also, you can get on all fours in front of the leg press machine, and do neck raises by putting your head under it.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    get a neck sling
    "my grocery bill looks like a ransom note"

Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Try doing shoulder shrugs with a barbell

What you do is like a dumbell shoulder shrug except that you hold the weight above your head while lifting your shoulders up
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tony B has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    deadlifts also work the traps but one of the best ways to stimulate growth in the neck and trap area is to use old school shrugs. Lie on an incline bench holding dumbells in hands in a similar position to incline hammer curls. Now shrug the weight straight upward as if you were trying to touch your traps to your ears, concentrating on squezzing at the top of the movement.
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    this works good for me, and it's really safe, asside from shrugs, this has worked well for me so far

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/bigneck.htm

-cj

Registered User N_tenseLifter88's Avatar
    N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) N_tenseLifter88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    shrugs shrugs SHRUGS! thats how i got my neck!
    Attached Images
    ....... ... ..

devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) devman27 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by dez\null
    Big bump on that. Huge bump actually. Its described in Matt Furey's book Combat Conditioning. I've been doing those for awhile but this past month was the first month doing them during any bulking season. I added 3/4" to my neck in one month. No lie. However, you have to be careful doing them because I just hurt myself with them recently. I went too far. It was my own dumbass fault though. If properly done, they are amazing.
    Do every act in your life as if it were the last - Marcus Aurelius

dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dez\null is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hell yeah i got that book.

"Not only am i the president! IM A MEMBER!"
    Aint that bout a bitch, My skinny ass cousin squats he gets girls, WHEN I SQUAT, I get guys.

Repect All, But Fear No One.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

-Bagel Muffin- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hello?

Don't forget upsidedown squats. Place a heavy wait on top of your feet while standing on your head, and slowly push yourself up and down with your skull. Also, Instead of using the leg press for legs, reverse your position and push the weight with your head. 6 45's should do it.
    "There are times when it seems incredibly unfair that the inner man with all his yearnings and ideals doesn't show through."

"Maps are a waste. Listen, Act, Feel...that's how you find your way." Deepak Chopra

-Bagel Muffin- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Always ask your mom before performing any weight training.
    "There are times when it seems incredibly unfair that the inner man with all his yearnings and ideals doesn't show through."

"Maps are a waste. Listen, Act, Feel...that's how you find your way." Deepak Chopra

Banned user87745477315471972481's Avatar
    user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) user87745477315471972481 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Re: Hello?

Originally posted by -Bagel Muffin-
    Don't forget upsidedown squats. Place a heavy wait on top of your feet while standing on your head, and slowly push yourself up and down with your skull. Also, Instead of using the leg press for legs, reverse your position and push the weight with your head. 6 45's should do it.

lol

amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Re: Hello?

Originally posted by -Bagel Muffin-

lol
    Booo

BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BornHard-13 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by implicit

Oh yeah! Thanks. Although I've been doing shrugs for quite some time with little gains. How long does it take for a significant development? Should I lift more weight? Eat more?

I am 135 right now and eating a little over 2800 calories a day.
    eat more ecto boy...JK

Eric07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Eric07 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

You could always try wearing a scarf at the gym... but be sure to wrap it around your neck at least 4-5 times so as not to stand out in the crowd!

Originally posted by BornHard-13

eat more ecto boy...JK
    LOL. I'm trying! I just revised my eating plan.

pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Deadlift
    Deadlift
    Deadlift
    Deadlift
    Deadlift

krisrogers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wrestlers bridge as others have said - this will not only increase the size of your neck but greatly improve neck strength.

the other day my friend put me in the headlock and i lifted him off the ground without hurting my neck at all so they must be working....
    sneaky_ferrit@hotmail.com -> msn

BULKING.....Again....

pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pazza has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by krisrogers
    Are you a Rugby league/union man or a AFL guy?

LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    anyone got a video of wrestler bridges or can explain how to do them? how many reps and sets and how long do u stay in the postion for? and how many days a week u do them? and can u do them before bed instead of trainin it like a reg muscle nd eatin after? i think i know how to them but no sure..
    fukkkkk being small, i rather be bigger then them all!!!

Get ILL with IT!!!!!

*Chi Chi Bump MaN*

krisrogers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by pazza

Are you a Rugby league/union man or a AFL guy?
    i play none, follow none, but I don't mind watching all of them....
    sneaky_ferrit@hotmail.com -> msn

BULKING.....Again....

cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cjszip has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by LiFtInIsFuN
    anyone got a video of wrestler bridges or can explain how to do them? how many reps and sets and how long do u stay in the postion for? and how many days a week u do them? and can u do them before bed instead of trainin it like a reg muscle nd eatin after? i think i know how to them but no sure..
    bump

LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LiFtInIsFuN has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ???
    fukkkkk being small, i rather be bigger then them all!!!

Get ILL with IT!!!!!

*Chi Chi Bump MaN*

neck training, especially for teens, like i said, is dangerous.

i'd stay away from direct training of it.

as a teen, because you're more rash and impulsive, you have a great chance of injuring yourself trianing your neck, mainly because its very suspectible to injury
    Booo

thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thewrestler14 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How come nobody has mentioned the four way neck machine. My gym has one and it kicks ass and its safe.