slarsen83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help ASAP on my routine!!!

hey guys... well here it is... i am 22, 6 feet tall and weigh 163... i really just want to increase my general size, and although i have worked out before (in high school) i would like to do it properly this time around... so the following will be what i THINK i would like to do to try and gain size in terms of a routine... any help/suggestions is much appreciated, it will be mostly machine, but there are dumbbells at the gym i go to (i live in a small town with one gym, so machine is kinda unavoidable right now)

any info you need or require just let me kjnow and thanks in advance for any help

SUNDAY
    chest and biceps
    CHEST:
    flat bench: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    incline bench with db's: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    flat bench flyes: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    cable flyes: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    pec deck: 2 sets 6-8 reps

BI'S:
    cable curl: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    standing DB curl: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    pull downs with reverse grip ( in front of face): 2 sets 6-8 reps

MONDAY:
    shoulders and traps
    SHOULDERS:
    side raises with DB's: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    military press: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    upright rows: 2 sets 6-8 reps

TRAPS:
    shrugs (using machine bench press handles): 2 sets 6-8 reps
    reverse (using machnine bench press handles) shrug: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    db shrugs: 2 sets 6-8 reps

TUESDAY:
    forearms and calves
    FOREARMS:
    wrist curls: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    reverse wrist curls: 2 sets of 6-8 reps

CALVES:
    sitting (using leg press, just calve action though): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    standing (using military press apparatus): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    need a suggestion for one more!!!

WEDNESDAY:
    LEGS:
    leg press:2 sets 6-8 reps
    leg extension: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    leg curl: 2 sets 6-8 reps

THURSDAY:
    Back and Triceps
    BACK:
    sitting rows: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    db rows on bench (one arm at a time): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    lat pull downs (behind head): 2 sets of 6-8 reps

TRICEPS:
    close grip bench (on machine): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    tricep push down (bar): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    db behind head extension: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    rope pulldowns (substitution for v-bar): 2 sets of 6-8 reps

so thats it.... i have adjusted my diet accordingly already, and would love to see what kinda gains i might be able to make.... like i said any questions/comments are greatly appreciated and the sooner the better!

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by slarsen83
    hey guys... well here it is... i am 22, 6 feet tall and weigh 163... i really just want to increase my general size, and although i have worked out before (in high school) i would like to do it properly this time around... so the following will be what i THINK i would like to do to try and gain size in terms of a routine... any help/suggestions is much appreciated, it will be mostly machine, but there are dumbbells at the gym i go to (i live in a small town with one gym, so machine is kinda unavoidable right now)

any info you need or require just let me kjnow and thanks in advance for any help

SUNDAY
    chest and biceps
    CHEST:
    flat bench: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    incline bench with db's: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    flat bench flyes: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    cable flyes: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    pec deck: 2 sets 6-8 reps

YOU DONT NEED 6 SETS OF FLY MOVEMENTS. 2 SETS OF FLYS IS PLENTY. INSTEAD, DO 3-4 SETS FOR BOTH FLAT BENCH AND INCLINE DB BENCH.

BI'S:
    cable curl: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    standing DB curl: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    pull downs with reverse grip ( in front of face): 2 sets 6-8 reps

MONDAY:
    shoulders and traps
    SHOULDERS:
    side raises with DB's: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    military press: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    upright rows: 2 sets 6-8 reps

DONT WORK YOUR SHOULDERS THE DAY AFTER CHEST. YOUR SHOULDERS ARE USED AS A SECONDARY MUSCLE WITH CHEST EXERCISES AND THEREFORE NEED TO REST BEFORE USING THEM THE NEXT DAY. ALSO, DO MILITARY PRESS FIRST AND ADD ANOTHER SET.

TRAPS:
    shrugs (using machine bench press handles): 2 sets 6-8 reps
    reverse (using machnine bench press handles) shrug: 2 sets 6-8 reps
    db shrugs: 2 sets 6-8 reps

YOU DONT NEED ALL THESE SETS FOR TRAPS. THEY ARE A SMALL MUSCLE GROUP. STICK TO DB OR BB SHRUGS....4 SETS IS ENOUGH.

TUESDAY:
    forearms and calves
    FOREARMS:
    wrist curls: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    reverse wrist curls: 2 sets of 6-8 reps

CALVES:
    sitting (using leg press, just calve action though): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    standing (using military press apparatus): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    need a suggestion for one more!!!

HAVING A DAY FOR TWO VERY SMALL MUSCLES IS A WASTE OF A WORKOUT. PAIR THESE MUSCLES WITH OTHER WORKOUT DAYS. CALVES WITH LEGS AND FOREARMS WITH BACK.

WEDNESDAY:
    LEGS:
    leg press:2 sets 6-8 reps
    leg extension: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    leg curl: 2 sets 6-8 reps

GOTTA ADD SQUATS. A ROUTINE IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT SQUATS. SIMPLY PUT, THEY ARE THE BEST EXERCISE THERE IS. ADD 3-4 SETS FOR YOUR FIRST LIFT OF THE DAY.

THURSDAY:
    Back and Triceps
    BACK:
    sitting rows: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    db rows on bench (one arm at a time): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    lat pull downs (behind head): 2 sets of 6-8 reps

THE 2ND BEST LIFT IS DEADLIFTS. ADD THESE LIKE YOU ADD SQUATS...3-4 SETS AT THE BEGGINING OF YOUR WORKOUT.

TRICEPS:
    close grip bench (on machine): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    tricep push down (bar): 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    db behind head extension: 2 sets of 6-8 reps
    rope pulldowns (substitution for v-bar): 2 sets of 6-8 reps

LOOKS GOOD ACTUALLY

so thats it.... i have adjusted my diet accordingly already, and would love to see what kinda gains i might be able to make.... like i said any questions/comments are greatly appreciated and the sooner the better!

comments in the quote
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

slarsen83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

perfect-o...with some questions...

ok...i adjusted my chestworkout accordingly, and switched mondays workout with tuesdays... i also adjusted the workout for traps as well by eliminating the reverse shrug...
    question 1 follows this statement:
    HAVING A DAY FOR TWO VERY SMALL MUSCLES IS A WASTE OF A WORKOUT. PAIR THESE MUSCLES WITH OTHER WORKOUT DAYS. CALVES WITH LEGS AND FOREARMS WITH BACK.

i REALLY want to keep it a five day routine... is that a dumb idea??? or how can i adjust what i ahve laid out already so it will be five day? or should i drop it to four days with three rest??? or what is the mentality/ ideas for switching it up you might have?

the second question i have is regarding the squats and deadlifts... i can't do those if you read above in my intro i don't have access to free weights like that only some dumbells and a decent universal gym (machine) what can i do instead that i might not have thought of? nothing?

other than that i might be good to go, but again ANY help/feedback is much appreciated... just wanna start getting some more size primarily and strength of course too!

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by slarsen83
    ok...i adjusted my chestworkout accordingly, and switched mondays workout with tuesdays... i also adjusted the workout for traps as well by eliminating the reverse shrug...
    question 1 follows this statement:

i REALLY want to keep it a five day routine... is that a dumb idea??? or how can i adjust what i ahve laid out already so it will be five day? or should i drop it to four days with three rest??? or what is the mentality/ ideas for switching it up you might have?

the second question i have is regarding the squats and deadlifts... i can't do those if you read above in my intro i don't have access to free weights like that only some dumbells and a decent universal gym (machine) what can i do instead that i might not have thought of? nothing?

other than that i might be good to go, but again ANY help/feedback is much appreciated... just wanna start getting some more size primarily and strength of course too!

you can try this 5 day split...

Mon Legs/calves
    Tues Chest
    Thurs Back/forearms
    Fri Shoulders/trap
    Sat Arms

for legs, try bulgarain split squats, lunges, and stiff-legged deadlifts. you can do all of these exercises with DBs. if you need to know how to do any of these exercises, look at the BB.com exercise guide.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/