I'm just a regular dude iron619's Avatar
    iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iron619 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lightbulb A Quote From Rippetoe Regarding Strength

For those who do not own or have not read Rippetoe's Starting Strength, I found this interesting and motivating:
    Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe, in Starting Strength
    Physical strength is the most important thing in life. This is true whether we want it to be or not. As humanity has developed throughout history, physical strength has become less critical to our daily existence, but no less important to our lives. Our strength, more than any other thing we possess, still determines the quality and the quantity of our time here in these bodies. Whereas previously our physical strength determined how much food we ate and how warm and dry we stayed, it now merely determines how well we function in these new surroundings we have crafted for ourselves as our culture has accumulated. But we are still animals - our physical existence is, in the final analysis, the only one that actually matters. A weak man is not as happy as the same man would be if he were strong. This reality is offensive to some people who would like the intellectual or spiritual to take precedence. It is instructive to see what happens to these very people as their squat strength goes up.

As the nature of our culture has changed, our relationship with physical activity has changed along with it. We previously were physically strong as a function of our continued existence in a simple physical world. We were adapted to this existence well, since we had no other choice. Those whose strength was adequate to the task of staying alive continued doing so. This shaped our basic physiology, and that of all our vertebrate associates on the bushy little tree of life. It remains with us today. The relatively recent innovation known as the Division of Labor is not so remote that our genetic composition has had time to adapt again. Since most of us now have been freed from the necessity of personally obtaining our subsistence, physical activity is regarded as optional. Indeed it is, from the standpoint of immediate necessity, but the reality of millions of years of adaptation to a ruggedly physical existence will not just go away because desks were invented.

Like it or not, we remain the possessors of potentially strong muscle, bone, sinew, and nerve, and these hard-won commodities demand our attention. They were too long in the making to just be ignored, and we do so at our peril. They are the very components of our existence, the quality of which now depends on our conscious, directed effort at giving them the stimulus they need to stay in the condition that is normal to them. Exercise is that stimulus.

Over and above any considerations of performance for sports, exercise is the stimulus that returns our bodies to the conditions for which they were designed. Humans are not physically normal in the absence of hard physical effort. Exercise is not a thing we do to fix a problem -it is a thing we must do anyway, a thing without which there will always be problems. Exercise is the thing we must do to replicate the conditions under which our physiology was adapted, the conditions under which we are physically normal. In other words, exercise is substitute cave-man activity -- the thing we need to make our bodies, and in fact our minds, normal in the 21st century. And merely normal, for most worthwhile humans, is not good enough...
    Take it how you want it. I like it. I also posted this in my journal. Thoughts? Comments?
    Last edited by iron619; 12-10-2007 at 03:38 AM.
    USMC: 1999-2003; 2009-Current

USPA / USAPL

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/iron619

Strength Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=765147

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its true, humans have been getting progressively weaker as we got smarter.

What Im about to say is very Nazi like, I dont fully agre with it but bare with me...

Medicine has ****ed over humanity. 500+ years ago if someone had cancer and was destined to die, they would die, if someone was weak and frail, they would die, if somoeone did not have the carnal drive to live and mate, they would die, its that simple, but now medicine lets people that should die live.

If you have survived cancer several times that's nature telling you something... DIE! THIS RACE DOES NOT NEED YO ALIVE< YOU ARE A THREAT TO THE COLLECTIVE GENE POOL. Women having IVF is outrageous, there is a reason certain women were not meant to have babies, and that is because they are not physically elite enough to produce, this is the nature's way of preserving the best and strongest.

A woman with a little waste and wider hips is attractive because it makes better babies. Same with a lean strong man, better babies is always the outcpme, always the drive. but now you have fat chicks ****ing fat guys, were as the old would not have sex because younger more aggressive fitter dominant males would kill them for women, instead some old dude on 54 blue pills is popping out babies with his wife on IVF treatment who has tits so saggy she can pratice her soccer skills.

Now, why i dont agree with myself? My mom has cancer,a nd fucxk the human gene pool I will support her as she fights that ****ing tumour every way we can. Same for anyone, it is anyone's right to live.

Bt just saying... humanity is going to get weaker, frailer to the point were our once proud bodies will be empty husks housing a stomach and a large brain.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bigfuzzy, that post is the perfect blend of ignorance and fallacies.

How delightful.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Kiknskreem View Post
    Bigfuzzy, that post is the perfect blend of ignorance and fallacies.

How delightful.
    Can you explain a little more... Im just saying how I think it is, I would appreciate it if you put forth you're view to.

Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiknskreem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Big_fuzzy View Post
    Medicine has ****ed over humanity. 500+ years ago if someone had cancer and was destined to die, they would die, if someone was weak and frail, they would die, if somoeone did not have the carnal drive to live and mate, they would die, its that simple, but now medicine lets people that should die live.
    Medicine has done more to extend and improve the quality of our lives than probably more than any other human innovation. You are drawing these inferences about who "should" die, and who is "destined" to die. These are not objective realities... you are making normative judgments based on your subjective feelings. There is no objective reality that these people should die... There is more human flourishing happening today than ever before in the history of the planet... I don't know where the notion that we are all becomming weaker and it poses a threat to our survival comes from. There are more than six billion people on the planet. At times in human history the population was literally down to only thousands of individuals.

If you have survived cancer several times that's nature telling you something... DIE! THIS RACE DOES NOT NEED YO ALIVE< YOU ARE A THREAT TO THE COLLECTIVE GENE POOL.
    Diseases serve an evolutionary purpose.... as does resistance to disease. Human bodies... all bodies degrade over time as errors are accumulated in the DNA. People are literally living 2 to 3 times as long as before.... if you're dead at 25 from a jaguar attack on the african plains you probably won't get cancer of the hypothalamus.

Women having IVF is outrageous, there is a reason certain women were not meant to have babies, and that is because they are not physically elite enough to produce, this is the nature's way of preserving the best and strongest.
    You have a problem with IVF? Please name one problem that has emerged from this..... none. There are a million and a half reasons why a woman might need to undergo this procedure, its ramifications on human evolution: zero.

Bt just saying... humanity is going to get weaker, frailer to the point were our once proud bodies will be empty husks housing a stomach and a large brain.
    I think that is an empty fear. If you ever find a brain in a box though, let me know, cause I'd love to poke it with a stick and see what happens.

Gotta head to school, will check in later.
    Last edited by Kiknskreem; 12-10-2007 at 06:20 AM.
    http://youtube.com/user/Kiknskreem

vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50) vegasdsm will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i like the rippetoe quote... suprised i read right over it (several times) and didnt notice it like you have...

i'll copy/paste into my blog...

cheers
    SCIVATION XTEND...... 8-10 scoops a-day make the fibras happy!!!!!!

check my bodyspace blog.....

learn how to squat right SQUAT RX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq8CWv8UPAI&mode=related&search=

Location: On the Ho Chi Min Trail Sippin on a 40oz of Old English 800, Vietnam
    MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iron619 View Post
    For those who do not own or have not read Rippetoe's Starting Strength, I found this interesting and motivating:

Take it how you want it. I like it. I also posted this in my journal. Thoughts? Comments?
    I support this post
    Death is winning. Do something.- Sam Boyd

creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10) creb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb

[size=1,000,000] "oh god, give me strength!" [/size]