wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sesathin Question

I'm on a CKD with clean carb ups once a week with fairly consistent results regarding fat loss. Last week I added Sesathin (3 ml, 3x day) plus Glucophase XR. It hasn't been long enough to form an opinion on how it will help me with fat loss, but I noticed that ever since I started them I feel a lot hungrier.

Usually near the end of my carb up I can hardly stand to eat another bite. But this time I still felt hungry and had to eat more! And now back to the usual CKD non-carb up eating I get hungrier a lot earlier.

Does this sound like something Sesathin could cause, and any theories as to why?

Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000) Lok7y is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Better glucose disposal/substrate usage (blood glucose is getting cleared faster). It's basically mimicking a state of low carbohydrate in a lot of respects.

2. Lowered insulin response (brain may not be getting as much of an overwhelming 'fed' signal for 'reset' purposes).

Glucophase XR is also going to increase glycogen turnover, lower the insulin curve on feedings and clear blood glucose into peripheral tissues as well. I generally don't like using much lipoic acid during a refeed. I also don't think you should be full-dosing Sesathin during a carb-up (unless it's dirty and you're pigging out); I think you'd be better off with a 1/2 dose if you can exercise some restraint on food choice.
    It seems these poets have nothing up their ample sleeves...

[url]www.AvantLabs.com[/url]

[email]chris@avantlabs.com[/email]

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you taking the glucophase during the low carb part of your diet? and if so isn't it knocking you in the dirt?

wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wildriver7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Johnny, I took it during the carb up, and also the day following the carb up (to sweep out any lingering carbs). I did get some headspins that day late afternoon (day after the carb up) which I immediately recognized as very low blood sugar.

Back to my original post though, Its now been a few days since my carb up and I'm only using the Sesathin. I'm still hungry as all get out, all the time. It wasn't like this until I started the Sesathin (been on the CKD for almost 3 months).

Is there something about the Sesathin that would cause my body to initiate such hunger pangs?

Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Par Deus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It reduces glucose and fatty acid output from the liver, so blood nutrient levels could be a little low, especially on low carbs and reduced calories.

I would try adding 25-50g of low GI carbs per day. SesaThin greatly increases ketone formation and mimics other things caused by low carb dieting, so you could get away with these extra carbs.
    El Jefe et Patron
    www.avantlabs.com
    www.neobium.org

Thanks for the advice. I'll get some keto sticks and try upping the carbs slightly. Right now I'm on the CKD @ 20g carbs (all low gi). I'll raise it 5g at a time and see how high I can go and still be "low carb".