timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Anyone drink ~4 cups of soy milk a day?

Hi all,

was just wondering for the soy milk drinkers on these boards if they have had any of the rumored estrogen/gyno issues with soy milk.

Before drinking 4 cups a day, I just drank regular skim milk. I decided to switch over 2-3 weeks ago to try and see if my skin wouldn't clear up a bit.

(was just thinking that I was breaking out way too much for someone who is 22).

Anyways, since switching over, my skin has cleared up pretty noticeably with only minor blemishes.

However, I know that 4 cups of soy milk a day might seem pretty extreme.

I'm drinking the Costco brand organic soy milk if it does anything for my cause...

dusterdust1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Estrooooo.

Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Let us know if you begin to grow ovaries.
    You cannot make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position you can make a crowd of men.
    -Max Beerbohm

No struggle, No progress niiick's Avatar
    niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000) niiick is just really nice. (+1000)
    i dont drink soy because of the estrogenic properties.

I think thats the underlying vibe here.

timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50) timeforsleeep will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    that's what i'm definitely concerned about, but for the most part of what i've read, it's been like half and half on whether soy milk is really able to mess us up that much.

was hopefully looking for people that do drink a lot of soymilk as part of their dietary intake and have/have not had issues =/.

eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Usually 4 cups or more per day. Also partially supplement soy protein isolate. Been over 5 years with the soymilk and 2 years with the powder, no issues whatsoever.

I believe a more legitimate argument is actual not with gyno but with lower testosterone as result of small amount of potential added estrogens. I have seen studies saying testosterone leves strayed the same, increased as well as decreased. I am not conviced it makes much of a measurable difference.

Another scary thought. Milk has both naturally occuring estrogens. Also the possibility of more with the potential of one of the (6 I believe there are) RDA approved hormones. Not to mentio the potential cancer risks found associated with these hormones...
    Last edited by eddiebo; 12-06-2007 at 04:55 PM.

IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IraHays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by eddiebo View Post
    ... no issues whatsoever.
    It will take a few more years for the aluminum collecting in your brain to trigger Alzheimer's. You are probably good for another 25 years though.
    They couldn't go back to the Greasers
    All they could do was pick up the pieces
    Surely Brenda and Eddie would always find a way to survive

inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500) inkedouttrucca is not very helpful. (-500)
    No Soy But I Drink Near A Gallon Of Ff Reg Milk

nhlawguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhlawguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhlawguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nhlawguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been drinking soy milk for about 3-4 years now. In fact, I sometimes mix my whey powder with the soy milk. No issues.

eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000) eddiebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IraHays View Post
    It will take a few more years for the aluminum collecting in your brain to trigger Alzheimer's. You are probably good for another 25 years though.
    You mean the speculation from the aluminum used in refining soybeans into tofu?? Based on the study on older men in Hawaii? I may have seen web pages refering to that study, that was trying to correlate dementia and/or lower bain activity to tofu. Assuming there is validity to the study (have only seen the web pages, not the actual study) there may be more factors in play, with a low/no meat diet B vitamins are nearly nonexistant without supplements. As well as the speculation of the possibility aluminum contaminated the product from the factory in Hawaii.

There are pros and cons to most every food, Alheizmers is a big negative. I definitley hope soy does not invoke Alzheimers. Perchance, do you know a web page with the study?
    Last edited by eddiebo; 12-07-2007 at 08:50 AM.

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll do 4 cups of cows milk, but soy milk taste like a** IMO. I tried to stomach it more than once, ended up gagging.

gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gbauers has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do you know why milk makes you break out? I think i might be having the same issue. Nothing major but definitly more zits than a year or two ago

Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500) Fallen_Horse is not very helpful. (-500)
    I take in about 4 cups a day, maybe 5. I have done this for about 4 months now, no side effects so far...

Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jenflower is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    4 cups of any kind of milk a day is not a good idea.

Does the milk have caragennan in it? If so, limit your use. Although this is a seaweed it has linked to serious stomach problems from what I've read.

Originally Posted by Fidelitas626 View Post
    I'll do 4 cups of cows milk, but soy milk taste like a** IMO. I tried to stomach it more than once, ended up gagging.
    It definitely takes getting used to. Sugar cuts the funk taste. If you don't care about the added sugar, the super sweet flavors (silk - chocolate, very vanilla) do the job.