Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Six Star Whey Protein

I usually get chocolate flavored EAS Protein fro Wal Mart because it's cheap and tastes as good as ON's, IMO. Today I went there and they were all out of EAS, but they had this new stuff, Six Star Whey Protein. They had Vanilla and Chocolate flavor. It was like 15 bucks so I bought a tub of the chocolate to try it out.

Wow... this stuff tastes awesome! It tastes more like a 'Dutch' chocolate than regular chocolate, if you know what I mean. I've tried EAS, ON's, and GNC Mega Whey and this tastes better than all of those, IMO. It's 120 calories and 20 g of protein per scoop, plus the scoop seems a little smaller than the ones in EAS or ON's. Good stuff... I'd definitely recommend it. They had Six Star Creatine there for 15 bucks too but I didn't get any of that... I might try it some other time.

Andy B. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy B. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy B. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy B. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy B. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy B. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy B. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andy B. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wal-Mart Rocks!

I have not tried this brand of whey, but I've been tempted to. I also shop at Wal-Mart. Their prices are cheap and the stuff is just as good as any other brand and just as effective, this just goes to tell you how big companies like to shaft people. I use the Body Fortress brands a lot. I have used the BF creatine and the BF glutamine. They last for months, work really good, and are easy on the wallet. So for bodybuilders on a tight budget, just visit Wal-Mart.

benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) benchhammer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool six star

six star supplements are a part of iovate....aka muscletech

by the way, my local walmart had a 3.5 pound box of designer whey for under 20 bucks yesterady. in a cardboard box with a little metal spout on the side like on a cream of wheat box.

Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here is my review of Six Star's whey:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six_...hey_review.htm

As mentioned, you can also pick it up at Wal-Mart.
    Last edited by BodySpaceAdmin; 04-27-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    www.bodybuildingpro.com
    http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com

rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000) rizzog466 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I liked the vanilla, its got a great base flavor to mix in PB, fruit,etc.

Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frank H has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Matt C View Post
    Here is my review of Six Star's whey:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six_...hey_review.htm

As mentioned, you can also pick it up at Wal-Mart.
    First off, I would like to thank you for trying out our Six Star Muscle Professional Strength Whey Protein and taking the time to review it. We appreciate some of the positive things that you had to say about our whey protein supplement; additionally, I would like to take this opportunity to highlight some of the things that make Six Star Muscle Whey Protein superior to some of the regular whey protein supplements on the market.

As most of you know, 100 percent whey protein, like the kind in our advanced Six Star Muscle formula, is superior to regular whey protein and even premium whey, casein, egg and soy protein when it comes to biological value. Higher biological value leads to more muscle and increased strength gains. But what really separates Six Star Muscle Professional Strength Whey Protein from other protein powders on the market is that our scientifically engineered formula is infused with musclebuilding accelerators in the form of creatine, leucine, arginine, glutamine and other supporting compounds that are included in the formula to rapidly spike your blood amino acid levels and provide up to 50 grams of protein per maximum serving to your muscle fibers.

The Six Star Muscle brand has over 50 scientific and clinical studies backing the effectiveness of the ingredients found in Six Star Muscle supplements. Later this month, right here on Bodybuilding.com, we will be posting an in-depth article on Six Star Muscle Professional Strength Whey Protein that will include detailed information on our formula and the scientific and clinical studies that went into creating this superior product. In the meantime, check out the following link for more information on Six Star Muscle. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/six/six.htm
    Last edited by BodySpaceAdmin; 04-27-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    Frank H

OblivionLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OblivionLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Anyone have any opinions that they would like to share about the Six Star protein or do we just listen to Frank H's sales pitch?

c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000) c0al67 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been using six star whey protein for the past 2 years, and i prefer it to any other brand... plus, no need for a separate glutamine supp. Whey protein is whey protein.. this stuff has a little extra, plus it's cheaper. that really can't be beat.
    Last edited by c0al67; 07-15-2008 at 04:12 AM.

OblivionLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) OblivionLord has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I don't like the idea that Six Star uses Aspartame as a sweetener. At least Body Fortress uses Sucralose, aka Splenda, as their last ingredient. Aspartame in my opinion is one of the worst sweeteners around that tastes horrible, but what I find the worst thing about it is the aftertaste. It's like a taste that you can't get rid of even after flushing your mouth out with tons of water. That's why I never drink any diet soft drinks.

Six Star Whey Protein is going for $18 at Walmart for a 2lb bottle vs $13 for 2lb of Body Fortress.

Does anyone know how much Creatine is within 1 scoop of Six Star since it does not give any measurement, but only a "Daily Value"? BF is 6g of Creatine per scoop which is alot if you consider taking this throughout the day. If Six Star is about this high then I'll just have to dismiss both since I'm looking to use a supplement all through the day like Optimum 100% Whey.

http://www.raysahelian.com/creatine.html
    Here is a good site that tells about the issues of taking too much Creatine throughout the day. Just look under the section that says "Creatine Side Effects and Cautions"....
    Last edited by OblivionLord; 07-15-2008 at 08:00 AM.

stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) stronguy91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah i wanna know how much grams of creatine are on that six star stuff as well

Judging by the delayed response, it tells me that it is probably high just like Body Fortress. I simply can't see it as a healthy 'Protein' supplement to take throughout the day if it has alot of Creatine per scoop.

S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I almost bought six star but it was more money then the BF kind, the BF kind is ok tasting i wouldn't drink it if I had a choice, I should of gotten the Six star... anyone try the vanilla? I don't like chocolate in a drink form.

Will work for DOMS!!!! Armson Swole's Avatar
    Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10) Armson Swole is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Creatine in my whey? DO NOT WANT!

dorik86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

any other six star supplements

hey everyone..was wondering if anyone has tried any other six star supplements..im in college and money is tight due to that..i was looking at the opre workout pwder N.O. Fury. I have tried the su[per NO blast by Body Fortress which was really good it tasted great and got me goin for a workout. They have since then discontinued this and only have Six Star fury..So i tried it and first let me tell you this stuff is absolutley disguisting! its supposed to be fruit punch but it tastes like cough syrup like vicks 44..I couldnt even choke it down it was so bad. They need to make it taste llike the BF nos blast...hopefully a six star rep will read this because id liek to use the product but its just awful tasting and Six Star is supposed to be big on taste..thanks for reading

killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000) killmaggie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    maybe ill try some of this stuff...I just have a hard time believing that people choose this over ON's stuff.
    Oh my god, it even has a watermark.

Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shadowdweller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Assuming that the blend ingredients are in equal amounts then you are only getting a few hundred milligrams of creatine. Not enough to have any effect on strength, size, taste or to give you the ****s.

EvCyclone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i used 6 star whey protein for a few months then switched over to 6 star creatine id say that the whey protein gave me awesome results and they were pretty quick the tastes wasnt half bad either id recommend both the 6 star whey protein and 6 star creatine to anybody

FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100) FriggnDiggn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Ive been steered in the direction of Whey protein as a post workout supplement because I need to cut fat but I read that its not great for muscle growth. I just picked up a tub of this Six Star Whey formula because Im broke and its cheap. What are some things I can take for muscle gains that wont affect me cutting fat??

deron2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This stuff works well for newcomers but more experienced ppl won't benifit that much from this cheap stuff. it taste great though

Co0ki3s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

mixing it

im kinda new to this stuff and i just bought a tub of it today...but does it matter what you mix the powder in?? like does it have to be exactly 4 oz of water or skim milk?? or can you mix it in with something else??

and is it ok to take 1 in the morning, 1 postworkout, and 1 before sleeping???

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Co0ki3s View Post
    im kinda new to this stuff and i just bought a tub of it today...but does it matter what you mix the powder in?? like does it have to be exactly 4 oz of water or skim milk?? or can you mix it in with something else??

and is it ok to take 1 in the morning, 1 postworkout, and 1 before sleeping???

It stops working if you take it with even 1 extra ml over 4oz!

And no, I'm not serious.

I think you need to read up more on protein powders. You also need to understand this is a supplement. You supplement your diet with it when you need more protein. Drinking lots of protein isn't gonna make you big, calories do that. More protein only will help if you aren't getting enough currently. The one time it might make a real difference is post workout.

You are obviously very new to supplements and perhaps working out? If so I'd strongly suggest reading up on protein more and working out longer and slowly transition into drinking more of it if you find you need it.

Also do yourself a favor and buy a better, cheaper product like Gaspari Myofusion, Xtreme Formulations Whey, Muscle Gauge Nutrition whey, Optimum Nutrition 100% whey, etc.
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583

TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000) TheWiseEggroll is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by shadar View Post
    It stops working if you take it with even 1 extra ml over 4oz!

And no, I'm not serious.

I think you need to read up more on protein powders. You also need to understand this is a supplement. You supplement your diet with it when you need more protein. Drinking lots of protein isn't gonna make you big, calories do that. More protein only will help if you aren't getting enough currently. The one time it might make a real difference is post workout.

You are obviously very new to supplements and perhaps working out? If so I'd strongly suggest reading up on protein more and working out longer and slowly transition into drinking more of it if you find you need it.

Also do yourself a favor and buy a better, cheaper product like Gaspari Myofusion, Xtreme Formulations Whey, Muscle Gauge Nutrition whey, Optimum Nutrition 100% whey, etc.
    Agreed, as far as cheap proteins go Muscle Gauge Protein is great quality and it tastes amazing, especially the cinnamon bun flavor.

PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PRMachine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I personally found Six Star whey to be the worst tasting whey I've ever tried.
    PRM - Off-Season and Competition Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140058233

bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bryan312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is there a reason why the jugs are all less than half filled???

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Has anyone tried the banana or strawberry Six Star whey yet?
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    And this thread still gets responses after starting in 2005? ohhhhh boy....

JuniBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the no fury, whey protein and the muscle building milk shake, can you help me how i have to drink it i mean when if before or after and how many times i hv to drink it. What im doing is eat breakfast then i drink no fury go to gym then i wait an hour and drink the whey protein i dont know if im doing it right but i still dont know when i have to drink the muscle building, need a little help with this.
    Last edited by JuniBoy; 05-26-2011 at 05:30 PM.

joelellsay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by S1cTech View Post
    I almost bought six star but it was more money then the BF kind, the BF kind is ok tasting i wouldn't drink it if I had a choice, I should of gotten the Six star... anyone try the vanilla? I don't like chocolate in a drink form.
    vanilla was awful, if you don;t like the chocolate you should try the strawberry one if it is available at your wal-mart, its not too bad

saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) saboone has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    wow we are bringing this back from the dead. The OP was in Oct 2005

G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50) G4hire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Might as well contribute to a not so dead thread. When I was first starting to workout and was on a budget I tried the vanilla. Not bad, smelt like spoiled milk though ON Is sooo much better!