football895 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Creatine Questions 17 Year Old

I am aware that there are numerous creatine articles out there, but through research I have gotten mixed results for my specific questions.

I am a 17 year old quarterback. I am 6 foot 5 200 pounds and am hoping to play football in college.

I have read that creatine use can increase chances of injury while playing a sport. Is this true?

Do you think creatine would effect my velocity/distance when throwing a football?

Would it negatively effect my flexibility/quickness?

I want to take just a 6 week cycle on it then not take it again until after the season. What are your thoughts on that plan? Would it be worthless if I did just one short cycle?

Thanks

Must Unify Korea 나는 한국 통합 KimJong-il's Avatar
    KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000) KimJong-il is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Unless the statement is confirmed by a validated study, creatine does not increase chance of injury. You do have to be cautious with hydration.

It will not help you throw a football. If you train hard, creatine can aid you a little with strength and performance but your goals will be almost entirely dependent on your training and diet.

It will not help with flexibility and quickness. It will aid your training towards anything you do for quickness though, but again thats all up to your training and diet. I dont think your going to really notice much in the quickness department.

6 weeks is a very short creatine cycle...you can take it for months and month...or years non-stop.
    Supreme Leader of Thermolife

의 최고 지도자 Thermolife