tazcarm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question about diet????

Hello,

I have decided I am sick of being out of shape and sick of feeling like I do so i have commited to new ways of eating and excersise.

The problem is I have a very bad bad eating pattern and am having problems getting my metabolism going and losing weight because of it.

My previous eating pattern was to drink coffee all day and then eat late at night and not neccesarliy fat or carbs either but I will admit there was enough of those demons to allow me to gain weight.

Now I am reading article after article and seeing all this about eating small meals or snack throughout the day (healthy of course) but alot of peoaple have told me the eating only at night is my entire problem.

The problem now is I have fiuloled the house with veggies and chicken and all sorts of healthy items but I am now taking in more calories than I did before eating only once a day.

I have been trying this diet for several weeks. I workout 45 minutes a day ( cardio) and know it's working because I am in so much pain but In haven't lost a pound and it's discouraging.

Any suggestions.

I read some of the articles or posts in here and in order for me to drop 4-500 calories in my di9et would be to not eat anything because I wasn't even eating but one meal a day.So what do i do???

Thanks for any advice

Kathy

Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Shedayze31 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's going to take some time for your body to get adjusted to your new routine, especially since you were eating one meal a day and not exercising so your metabolism is pretty much out of whack. Do you know how many calories you're taking in each day and are you eating every two to three hours? One way to speed up your metabolism is to make sure you're feeding your body and by eating every two to three hours will speed it up.

I also needed a lifestyle change and had some weight to lose so on Sept. 4 I started riding a recumbent bike for 30 minutes 5 days a week. I'm taking sesamin, lean green, multivitamin, and fish oil supplements and making sure I eat 5-6 small meals a day, about 1500 cal. and have lost 10 lbs. as of today.

Good Luck,

Jenna

tazcarm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

patience

Patience is one thing I am lacking. i am sure it is a shock to my system to be taking in calories during the day when it wasn't used to it. Hopefully though that will stop my body from storing everything i eat at night as fat. I will try to be patient and follow your suggestion.It makes sense it's just when I get on the scale and don't see any results I feel like whatever I am doing must not be working. I have to admit I am not eating very much at all during the day so i will concentrate on that. A friend of mine takes a [protein bar and splits it up into fours pieces and eats tthat four times a day and then for dinner a grilled chicken salad or something of that sort and she works out and looks great!

I am doing cardio on an epiliptical and working out with weights five days a week and I am hurting so I know the excersise part is working for sure. Might be overdoing it actually and got some advice on that in another forum.

Thanks for the help

kathy