RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not sure where to post this but Im loosing my hair because of stress

I have been under a large amount of stress due to my business and personal more then I have ever had and about a month ago when I was at the Barber hes said he noticed my hair thinning on top. Im 28, always had a thick head full of hair. He said to switch my products to mint shampoos that make your head tingle, he said stay away from rogain and what not because you will loose all your hair after you stop using it. In these past few months I havent done any cardio or lifting and I just started getting back into it, I work 60 plus hours a week, barley getting any sleep and its getting to me, do you think excerising and lifting full time will help alot with the stress and this situation?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum please move if necessary.

Tann3100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

To anwser your question I will give you brief background.

I use to be under alot of stress also working 80+ hours a week. 56 of it was mandatory the other part was a part time job that I work when I want to. I stayed so stressed out couldnt sleep at night was loosing my freaking mind stayed on edge etc..

Anyway started out doing cardio running on a local greenway did this for a couple months then started working out regularly at the gym and my stress level is none. I would reccomend you working out it does help alleviate stress and will help out if you have high blood pressure etc because stress is a contributing factor to these conditions. Now I go to the gym 4x a week and do cardio 4x a week for a hour. My life is much better and stress is gone. I mean you will still have days where you get a little stressed out but it will change your life. I work a really stressful job and it helps me keep it in check.
    Current Stats

5' 9" 198lbs

Status
    Cutting

RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RSLT1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your post!! I have been reading about stress and hair loss and found some pretty good info, Im definetly gonna get back to the gym full force.
    I forgot to mention that I wasnt eating right or barley eating and dropped down almost 15 pounds.

SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    RSLT--Your barber isn't entirely straight on his facts. If you believe you are losing hair due to stress, then yes, you should not start taking Rogaine. You should exercise, get plenty of rest, and eat a healthy diet. Also, you should look into somehow alleviating the workplace stress.

However, it may be more likely that your hair loss is hereditary and it's just starting now. My sophomore year of college I thought I was losing hair because I was so stressed, but after I finished the year it never grew back--and if you lose hair because of stress, it WILL grow back in 3-4 months. If the hair stays gone, it's because you're just naturally thinning. IF you are naturally thinning, then Rogaine is a viable option, because it slows the thinning process.

My advice would be for you to go to a dermatologist and have them look at your scalp. Generally they can tell if your hair loss is genetic or stress-related by the pattern of loss and if there is any scalpular scarring.

Let me ask you another question--are you a hairy guy? Do you have a lot of chest and back hair? Have you started growing a lot recently? If so, the hair loss is probably genetic, as it's very strongly linked with bodily testoserone levels.

No I shave my chest because it doesnt grow long enough its just all spotty and my back has no hair on it at all.

I have to believe its because of the stress because it has just come in full force with all of this going on. I will definetly have to get to the dermi to have them check it out.

Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by RSLT1
    I have been under a large amount of stress due to my business and personal more then I have ever had and about a month ago when I was at the Barber hes said he noticed my hair thinning on top. Im 28, always had a thick head full of hair. He said to switch my products to mint shampoos that make your head tingle, he said stay away from rogain and what not because you will loose all your hair after you stop using it. In these past few months I havent done any cardio or lifting and I just started getting back into it, I work 60 plus hours a week, barley getting any sleep and its getting to me, do you think excerising and lifting full time will help alot with the stress and this situation?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum please move if necessary.

It probably based more on your diet and what you have eaten for the past 8-10 years.

I bet it’s all that mercury from canned tuna you have eat and now after it has been poisoning your body for so long. Your body got weaker and cant fight vs. it as it could before.

Or it could be from eating all that raw egg whites without yolks, which lowered your vitamin H – in that case you need to eat more foods that contain vitamin H (like whole eggs, oats, split peas …).

It could be from taking too many vitamin supplements as well. Too much vitamin supplements can cause a lot of different diseases. If you have a good diet and eating lots of fruits and fresh vegetables you DO NOT need any vitamin supplements at all – they would cause more harm then good in the long term.

Tell me, which of those three things have you done the most for the past 5-8 years (eat a lot of canned tuna or other fish, eat a lot of raw egg whites and took a lot of vitamins, supplements)?

P.S. Fish oil, liver, raw egg yolks, cheese would help get you more of Vitamin A. Make sure your get your Fish oil in the bottle, not in capsules ones.

*During the cooking process a lot of Vitamin A gets destroyed.
    Last edited by Zelluz; 10-03-2005 at 10:40 AM.
    Milk:
    “If you were to feed a baby cow pasteurized cow’s milk, it would die in two weeks.” - karlloren.com/diet/milk/index.htm

"Milk-drinking men seem to have about a 70% greater chance of developing cancer of the prostate." - drgreger.org/september2004.html

Calories:
    "De Boer's study is consistent with others showing that consuming fewer calories can extend lifespan." - Popular Science

popsci.com/popsci/medicine/6160c4522fa84010vgnvcm1000004eecbccdrcrd.html

Well I have always eating **** because I had a high metablisim but just recently having a new business and a ton of stresss coming down is when this all happend. I rarely get sick and am never at the doctor. So hopefully I can get to the gym and work it all out.

Hey bro. Definately get back in the gym regulary. Take some me time and get your head cleared up. Man Im telling you I went to the doctor because I couldnt sleep I had chest pain. I showed all the signs of depression and they put me on lexapro. I took it for 3 days and said if I have got to live like this then its not gonna be because I didnt try everything possible. So I quit taking the lexapro started taking me some me time. BTW Im a firefighter/emt. So I started running on a greenway that was very relaxing. Took nice quiet walks. Then I changed my diet and started going to the gym about a month and a half later with some police officers here.

So I went from someone that the doctors were going to medicate for depression to a happy vibrant pretty much strss free person. My blood pressure prior to this with all the stress and stuff was staying about 146/94 at reast. My heart rate just sitting around the hall was at 96. Since I have been going to the gym my b/p runs about 112/72 and my heart rate stays around 60-72. Your cholesterol levels along with your triglycerides will be elevated when under stress. Alot of health ailments are brought on just by stress your immune system suffers alond with the whole body. So you have got all the reasons to get back to the gym and dont take stress lightly it is the underlying cause to alot of problems. So some things that you dont even think about will change. So I recommend you going to the gym and get some this stress off of you. You wont realize it immediately due to the stress build up but you will start to notice a difference after going for about 2-3 weeks (maybe before) but try to get there 4 times a week.

Anyway bud if you have any questions just send me a PM. There was some other things that I done also to get my stress level down and would be more than happy to share it with you through PM.
    Last edited by Tann3100; 10-03-2005 at 09:32 PM.
    Current Stats

5' 9" 198lbs

Status
    Cutting

melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500) melon is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Ever considered that you just have premature baldness and it's nothing to do with stress? It's a genetic thing and you're about the right age for it to kick in.
    The first rule of cheat club is you do not talk about cheat club. The second rule of cheat club is you DO NOT talk about cheat club. Third rule of cheat cub, someone yells stop!, goes limp, taps out, the cheat is over. Fourth rule, one cheat at a time, fellas. Fifth rule, cheats will go on as long as they have to. And the sixth and final rule, if this is your first night at cheat club, you have to cheat.

Join us...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=267863

Yeah but stress can lead to hair loss to but if he starts doing his routine and he dont see no changes after a month or so then I would say its his time to be going bald.
    Current Stats

5' 9" 198lbs

Status
    Cutting

Leonard4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Almost 27 here and my hair is "retreating" as well, should compare notes and see what common factors we have, maybe its not genetics yet and just something we're doing!
    05/05: 225lbs - BF: 27.4%
    06/05: 215lbs - BF: 24%
    07/05: 205lbs - BF: 20.3%
    08/05: 195lbs - BF: 16.2%
    09/05: 190lbs - BF: 14%
    10/05: 185lbs - BF: 12.1%
    01/06: 190lbs - BF: 11.2%

dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 26, started losing my hair as soon as I dropped a ton of weight, I was on the original xenadrine back then and about near abusing it, i'm not saying it was that but it's a thought. Also, I am stressed out all the time, I work 50 hours a week, plus go to school, study, gym, especially this semester, my classes are tough, lots of crap to do for them. BUT, even at times when I wasn't stressed the hair loss was still there, it was always at a slow pace, then looking at my family, my dad is starting to go bald, my grandfather is bald (on my mothers side) so I think it's just hereditary, also, i'm not a very hair person to begin with.

Last month I said F*ck it and shaved it all off, not BIC razored but on the lowest setting of electric. Looks damn good and if I grew it back I could still make my hair look good, but I actually like the bald head look and so do a lot of other people, so i'm keeping it.

Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100) Zelluz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Leonard4
    Almost 27 here and my hair is "retreating" as well, should compare notes and see what common factors we have, maybe its not genetics yet and just something we're doing!
    Originally Posted by dropxxzone
    I'm 26, started losing my hair as soon as I dropped a ton of weight, I was on the original xenadrine back then and about near abusing it, i'm not saying it was that but it's a thought. Also, I am stressed out all the time, I work 50 hours a week, plus go to school, study, gym, especially this semester, my classes are tough, lots of crap to do for them. BUT, even at times when I wasn't stressed the hair loss was still there, it was always at a slow pace, then looking at my family, my dad is starting to go bald, my grandfather is bald (on my mothers side) so I think it's just hereditary, also, i'm not a very hair person to begin with.

Last month I said F*ck it and shaved it all off, not BIC razored but on the lowest setting of electric. Looks damn good and if I grew it back I could still make my hair look good, but I actually like the bald head look and so do a lot of other people, so i'm keeping it.
    It's all that egg whites you guys eat or mercury in your system.
    Milk:
    “If you were to feed a baby cow pasteurized cow’s milk, it would die in two weeks.” - karlloren.com/diet/milk/index.htm

"Milk-drinking men seem to have about a 70% greater chance of developing cancer of the prostate." - drgreger.org/september2004.html

Calories:
    "De Boer's study is consistent with others showing that consuming fewer calories can extend lifespan." - Popular Science

dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Zelluz
    It's all that egg whites you guys eat or mercury in your system.
    Ok, IF you were correct, I would back you up on that buuutttt...sorry you're wrong, (atleast in my case).

I wasn't eating 9 egg whites like I do now when I started losing my hair, nor was I eating tuna or fish that often...and I still don't eat tuna or fish that often other then salmon maybe 1 time every week or two.

Ok, IF you were correct, I would back you up on that buuutttt...sorry you're wrong, (atleast in my case).

I wasn't eating 9 egg whites like I do now when I started losing my hair, nor was I eating tuna or fish that often...and I still don't eat tuna or fish that often other then salmon maybe 1 time every week or two.
    I meant during your past 5-10 years not your diet during the past few weeks.

Stuff like that comes from bad diet during several years and in the past and now it hits you when your body is getting weaker.
    Milk:

Calories:

I meant during your past 5-10 years not your diet during the past few weeks.

Stuff like that comes from bad diet during several years and in the past and now it hits you when your body is getting weaker.
    My body isn't getting weaker. lol. Also, I didn't just start working out in the past few weeks. And when I was eating like complete ****, I had great hair. In my case it runs in my family genes.

My body isn't getting weaker. lol. Also, I didn't just start working out in the past few weeks. And when I was eating like complete ****, I had great hair. In my case it runs in my family genes.

Dude, re-read my reply slowly, you understood it wrong.
    Milk:

Calories:

Dude, re-read my reply slowly, you understood it wrong.
    I understood completely.

SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Right, and peanuts are toxic. Which is why we've been eating them for so long, and why kids eat them like maniacs and are dropping like flies.

The Japanese eat so much fish it's insane. I think it's safe to say that they eat more tuna in a week than the average American does in a month. They are also the most long-lived nation on the earth.

I respect that you're advocating a whole, healthy diet, and I'm a big supporter of going organic to whatever extent it's possible, but I think you're making a lot of assumptions about the "poisons" someone is intaking when that person is inquiring to his hair loss. The simplest explanation is often the right one--I am inclined to believe his hair is thinning because of genetic reasons. However, stress is never a good thing and he should try to alleviate that--but, if in 3-4 months, his hair doesn't grow back, it was probably time for it to go.

Originally Posted by SpecTheIntro
    Right, and peanuts are toxic. Which is why we've been eating them for so long, and why kids eat them like maniacs and are dropping like flies.

The Japanese eat so much fish it's insane. I think it's safe to say that they eat more tuna in a week than the average American does in a month. They are also the most long-lived nation on the earth.

I respect that you're advocating a whole, healthy diet, and I'm a big supporter of going organic to whatever extent it's possible, but I think you're making a lot of assumptions about the "poisons" someone is intaking when that person is inquiring to his hair loss. The simplest explanation is often the right one--I am inclined to believe his hair is thinning because of genetic reasons. However, stress is never a good thing and he should try to alleviate that--but, if in 3-4 months, his hair doesn't grow back, it was probably time for it to go.
    Have you been in Japan, did you eat their fish or know how they eat and what they eat? Do you know their pollution level or how polluted their fish?

If no, then don’t come here and tell us people in Japan eat more seafood than people in the US and this is why they live longer.

Don’t compare US seafood to seafood in Japan either, that is two different countries with different pollution levels.
    Milk:

Calories: