Closed Thread
Page 125 of 421 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 12628
    yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Amir689 View Post
    quick questions

1. on the meat am I aloud to use all the seasonings such as garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper (powder), even some lemon juice?

2. The protein powder I use (optimum whey protein) 2 scoops (50grams of protein) is 8g of CARBS. and im drinking 3 shakes a day. That's 24 grams of carbs just from shakes. Is that to much? Only other source of carbs im getting is i guess from the almonds and olive oil... still should be under 40 grams i think

3. Also the protein contains Over 4 grams of glutamine and glutamine precursors as well as 5 grams of BCAAs (leucine, isoleucine, and valine) in each scoop. ill be taking 2 scoops in one shake. Is this ok?
    Originally Posted by Ethan Carr View Post
    Just put a b inside of [] and then on the other end put a /b inside of [].

it looks like this: text

smileys are easy, just type : ) without the space. you can make different ones too.. it will look like this:
    omg, that is the the most awesomest thing in the world

gotta go to sleep now; morning cardio can be hard without sleep

yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10) yoyohello is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey guys, i need a little help with something. how do i calculate the macros for salmon fillets? they have the meat on one side, with the skin/scale on the bottom side. does anyone have the macro breakdown for like 'x' oz.? then i can just use my awesome algebra skills to convert that to however many oz. i eat lol

btw, i measure this weight after i cook it (frying pan)

thanks

jdaunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question for those of you who compete

Hey guys, I posted this message on another thread, but didnt get alot of responses, so I'll repost it here. I'm competing in April and have about 5 pounds of fat to lose. I was previously on the scivation cut diet, but my progress has slowed, so I figured maybe this diet will get me where I need to be by April. My question is: Should I continue with the cheat meals once per week even though I am competing in 10 weeks? Also, for those of you who compete, do you tweak this diet at all once you get closer to competition, i.e., any special things you do the week of competition? Thanks!

bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pwc View Post
    The Diet:

The premise of the diet is high protein, moderate fat, and very low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis, and uses ketone bodies (fats) for energy. The energy requirements by the body can virtually be completely supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40-50g per workout. You will get this 40-50g indirectly through the foods you eat. As a backup, the re-feed meal, or re-feed day you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. Remember, it takes 3-6 days to get into a strong ketosis where your brain is using ketone bodies (fats), instead of carbs, for energy. Be patient.

Re-feed:

After you complete 2 solid weeks (at least 14 days) on the diet, start having a re-feed meal, or re-feed day once per week. Its up to you to figure out which one works best for you. HAVE YOUR RE-FEED ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, and if you choose a one meal re-feed, make it the last meal of the day. Eat what you are craving, but try to avoid trans fats. (hydrogenated oil)

Cardio:

Cardio should be performed first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. Do it at low intensity (under 125-130-bpm heart rate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuel source since as your heart rate increases; carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY. Start with 30 minutes, 7 days per week, and work your way up to 45 minutes, 7 days per week. If you need to go up, you can, but don?t go over an hour in one session. If you need more, start adding cardio immediately post-workout.

Training:

Training should be high intensity, lower volume, and a rep range of 6-8. Some may be able to perform 8-10 reps.

Important Keto Supplements:

Essential Polyunsaturates:
    -Omega-3 Fish Oil (DHA and EPA) 1000mg 3-6 xs per day

Monounsaturated Fats:
    -Macadamia nut oil
    -Extra virgin olive oil
    -Avocado oil
    Monounsaturated fats are NOT essential; but, they ARE very heart healthy.

Berry Green: All natural supplement supplying 20 organic berries and greens in a pure vegecap. Berry Green also supplies the body with live active cultures (probiotics)

Psyllium or sugar-free Metamucil: (fiber supplement) 1-teaspoon 2 xs per day, morning and at night mix with 4-6 oz of water. (Work your way to 3tsp per day)

Pure Creatine-(no carbs) (2 xs per day, morning and post-workout shake)
    Leucine- (5g 2 xs per day, Pre and Post-workout shakes)
    Whey Isolate-(with 0g fat and 0g carbs)
    Multi-Vitamin-(every day)-(with breakfast)
    Sea salt-(salt all your food)-(need a high sodium intake)
    Coral Calcium- (1500mg per day)-(with meal #2 and before bed)

Other supplements:

NAC- (liver support/antioxidant)-(600mg 2 xs per day)
    IDS Glutamine/MSM- (1 serving with breakfast and 1 with meal#4)
    Cinnulin PF- (1 serving with creatine in the post-workout shake)
    Vitamin C- (500mg 2x per day)-(pre-workout and before bed)
    Vitamin E- (400IU 2x per day)-(with meal #2 and #4)

Originally Posted by bradhore View Post
    where did you get all this information??? its completely different to the first post with the information on the diet!
    i think that's an updated version; this thread was started over a year ago. i'm still going by the old rules though (as far as the cheat meals go haha)

Originally Posted by jdaunno View Post
    Hey guys, I posted this message on another thread, but didnt get alot of responses, so I'll repost it here. I'm competing in April and have about 5 pounds of fat to lose. I was previously on the scivation cut diet, but my progress has slowed, so I figured maybe this diet will get me where I need to be by April. My question is: Should I continue with the cheat meals once per week even though I am competing in 10 weeks? Also, for those of you who compete, do you tweak this diet at all once you get closer to competition, i.e., any special things you do the week of competition? Thanks!
    i have never competed, but i am thinking about doing a contest in May, and i am doing this diet. i don't know about the scivation diet, but as far as this goes, cut out the cheat meals AT LEAST 4 weeks out, and when you get to that point, you might have to do the protein/veggie days (3 days pro/veg, 3 days pro/fat). i heard that that is the hardest thing to do, especially since there are no cheats/refeeds. good luck in your contest

pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

where did you get all this information??? its completely different to the first post with the information on the diet!
    It comes from a Palumbo diet expert

time for my workout; cheat meal on saturday guys. this is the revised menu: 2 large chicken sandwiches, a fruit smoothie blend, a bag of chocolate chip cookies from the bakery (probably 3 large cookies), and milk. should i get a chocolate milkshake, or regular milk, to have with the cookies? choc tastes way better, but the sugar might be a little too much to handle in one meal...

rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hey Ladies & Gentlemen!
    i am very new to this Anabolic diet, i have been serching these threads and interwebz, but cant find a good Site thats not so complicated outline to this whole thing. does anyone know where to find a good Link to find the Anabolic diet. Thanx in advance!
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    conquering in Jesus Name !
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

mklgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So can i have salad with no veggies with ranch? 1 carb per teaspoon and has fat.

Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wait one thing i dont understand, are we suppose to have veggies/ a vegetable day? When is this? the meal plan only calls for a small salad?

Originally Posted by mklgee View Post
    So can i have salad with no veggies with ranch? 1 carb per teaspoon and has fat.
    im pretty sure salad consists solely of vegetables..........i'm not too sure about the dressing; better not mess with anything that has carbs in it, as salad already does.

Wait one thing i dont understand, are we suppose to have veggies/ a vegetable day? When is this? the meal plan only calls for a small salad?
    [b] NO. if you compete, and you get down to 7% bodyfat and you are 3 weeks out, running behind schedule, THEN you do alternating pro/veg days. if you do not compete, don't mess with it; you will lose a LOT of strength and possibly more muscle than otherwise, since you probably aren't taking in many fats that close to contest anyway.

just stick with a salad with the fatty protein meal. i have 5oz. salmon with 80g spinach, and some evoo.[b]

bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bradhore has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    NO. NO VEGETABALS OR FRUIT.

Have spinache with your red meat meal eg spinache and tuna.

iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by yoyohello View Post
    time for my workout; cheat meal on saturday guys. this is the revised menu: 2 large chicken sandwiches, a fruit smoothie blend, a bag of chocolate chip cookies from the bakery (probably 3 large cookies), and milk. should i get a chocolate milkshake, or regular milk, to have with the cookies? choc tastes way better, but the sugar might be a little too much to handle in one meal...

if i were you, i would eat a large chocolate brownie with a chocolate milkshake, with your 2 chicken sandwiches, forget the fruit smoothie blend, have like a bunch of fresh fruit! might as well! I was thinking about eating super dirty on this day, i might one day (really want that mcdonalds quarter pounder with cheese), but imma eat semi-clean like you.

6 days in! I feel much better, i havent been sleeping much lately though, anyone else having same problems? ill sleep at like 10, wake up at like 3, then wake up at 5 then wake up at 6.

Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amir689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iamjason82 View Post
    6 days in! I feel much better, i havent been sleeping much lately though, anyone else having same problems? ill sleep at like 10, wake up at like 3, then wake up at 5 then wake up at 6.
    Im only 4 days in but i have no problems sleeping, actually i get really tired, I guess its the work outs that knock me out lol But i have lost 7 pounds in water weight

rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) rockeo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    so quick qeustion those that have done this diet or are on it. Do you gain muscle size / keep muscle size ... and lose fat ??
    thanx !
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

if i were you, i would eat a large chocolate brownie with a chocolate milkshake, with your 2 chicken sandwiches, forget the fruit smoothie blend, have like a bunch of fresh fruit! might as well! I was thinking about eating super dirty on this day, i might one day (really want that mcdonalds quarter pounder with cheese), but imma eat semi-clean like you.

lol i don't think it qualifies as "semi-clean". the chicken sandwiches are from a turkish joint (im in london right now, can't wait to get back home), and it is drenched in oil. also, i will be putting all toppics (lettuce onions tomatoes) along with chili sauce and garlic sauce. i might go with either brownies/cookies/some sort of choc/caramel candy for my dessert, and of course, i am gonna drench that **** in PB LOLOLOL. the first cheat is always dirty i guess; after that, 1 cheat per week seems easy, and it probably gets easy to eat clean

yeah, i wake up and have to piss. i have been drinking about 2.5 gallons of water daily, and with the amplified creatine 189 (gnc creatine pills) im taking, its showing lol

Im only 4 days in but i have no problems sleeping, actually i get really tired, I guess its the work outs that knock me out lol But i have lost 7 pounds in water weight
    you need to make sure you are getting your macros straight, and drink A LOT of water. 7 pounds in 4 days is not good man; obviously its mostly all water, but you should be drinking a few pounds of water daily. the wait loss will come after weeks; just evaluate yourself 1 time per week, and stick to the diet.

Originally Posted by rockeo View Post
    so quick qeustion those that have done this diet or are on it. Do you gain muscle size / keep muscle size ... and lose fat ??
    thanx !
    well, you don't gain muscle, but with the fats you are taking you stay anti-catabolic, and the protein spready evenly throughout the day repairs your muscles from their workouts, since recovery time is prolonged. yes, you lose fat.

yeah, i wake up and have to piss. i have been drinking about 2.5 gallons of water daily, and with the amplified creatine 189 (gnc creatine pills) im taking, its showing lol

you need to make sure you are getting your macros straight, and drink A LOT of water. 7 pounds in 4 days is not good man; obviously its mostly all water, but you should be drinking a few pounds of water daily. the wait loss will come after weeks; just evaluate yourself 1 time per week, and stick to the diet.

well, you don't gain muscle, but with the fats you are taking you stay anti-catabolic, and the protein spready evenly throughout the day repairs your muscles from their workouts, since recovery time is prolonged. yes, you lose fat.
    very cool - so i take it - one would keep their muscle gains ...while losing fat !!!
    Oh man - can i pick ur brain one more time - i have a un answered question 8 posts up - u seem to be knowledgable on this , thanx bruddah!
    +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamjason82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=yoyohello;284937401]yeah, i wake up and have to piss. i have been drinking about 2.5 gallons of water daily, and with the amplified creatine 189 (gnc creatine pills) im taking, its showing lol

i havent been taking creatine, i think i'm going to start taking the powder. when's a good time to take it ? pre or post workout?

Ive been drinking more then a gallon of water a day, how much should i be drinking? What exactly do you mean by get my macros straight?

Originally Posted by rockeo View Post
    Hey Ladies & Gentlemen!
    i am very new to this Anabolic diet, i have been serching these threads and interwebz, but cant find a good Site thats not so complicated outline to this whole thing. does anyone know where to find a good Link to find the Anabolic diet. Thanx in advance!
    lol i dunno what this has to do with knowing about this diet, but my suggestion would be to use the search function and search threads for "Anabolic Diet" and i'm sure you will find something

Ive been drinking more then a gallon of water a day, how much should i be drinking? What exactly do you mean by get my macros straight?
    macros means macro-nutrients which consist of your protein, carbohydrate, and fats. he means keep your proportions in check. at least a gallon of water a day. i've been really really thirsty on this diet. so im guessing ur gonna end up drinking more than a gallon of water a day.

macros means macro-nutrients which consist of your protein, carbohydrate, and fats. he means keep your proportions in check. at least a gallon of water a day. i've been really really thirsty on this diet. so im guessing ur gonna end up drinking more than a gallon of water a day.
    exactly. 1-1.5g/0.5g protein/fat per pound of bodyweight, no direct source of carbs.

pretty soon i will be going to 3 gallons a day. what supplements are you on? and what is your height/weight when you started this diet?

mklgee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    NO. NO VEGETABALS OR FRUIT.

Have spinache with your red meat meal eg spinache and tuna.
    Oh good thats actually what i have been having lol just wanted to try something new lol

exactly. 1-1.5g/0.5g protein/fat per pound of bodyweight, no direct source of carbs.

pretty soon i will be going to 3 gallons a day. what supplements are you on? and what is your height/weight when you started this diet?

5'10.5 @ 187.

just taking centrum multi vitamin in the morning and fish oil 3x a day. adding benefiber to my shakes , so fiber supplement 3x a day. that's about it.

taking 1.5 scoops of optimum whey.

following the original diet in the beginning.

2 eggs 1 cup egg whites + vitamin + fish oil = 36g protein
    1.5 scoops whey + 1 TBSP pb + fiber supp
    7-7.5 oz chicken + 1/2 cup almonds raw
    1.5 scoops whey + 1 TBSP pb + fiber supp + fish oil
    7-7.5 oz salmon + salad (balsamic vinegar + 1 tbsp olive oil)

I was thinking of changing my first meal to 2 eggs and 1 can of salmon from time to time to change it up.

I was also gonna throw in lean ground sirloin 97% fat free to replace teh salmon.

aiight fellas, i'm going to sleep now. tomorrow night's my cheat meal; all i have to do is stick to the diet for 5 additional meals, and get through 2 hours of cardio. i'll be taking a picture the morning/day after each cheat meal, and after a few weeks, i will evaluate the improvements. then after 15 weeks, i will be able to judge whether or not this diet is an effective cutting diet, and whether or not i'll use it in the future for contest prep

5'10.5 @ 187.

just taking centrum multi vitamin in the morning and fish oil 3x a day. adding benefiber to my shakes , so fiber supplement 3x a day. that's about it.

taking 1.5 scoops of optimum whey.

following the original diet in the beginning.

2 eggs 1 cup egg whites + vitamin + fish oil = 36g protein
    1.5 scoops whey + 1 TBSP pb + fiber supp
    7-7.5 oz chicken + 1/2 cup almonds raw
    7-7.5 oz salmon + salad (balsamic vinegar + 1 tbsp olive oil)

I was thinking of changing my first meal to 2 eggs and 1 can of salmon from time to time to change it up.

I was also gonna throw in lean ground sirloin 97% fat free to replace teh salmon.
    thats basically my diet dude; i get roughly 35g protein per meal, and i have 3 shakes a day (i make sludge though). imma start taking the fish oil (i ordered some yesterday). i have 7eggs for meal #1 (3 yokes/4 whites, not omega eggs); meal #3 around 4.5 oz. boiled chicken + 10 almonds (i think i need more almonds; does Palumbo give a measurement in grams?????); meal #6 around 4.5 oz. salmon + 100g spinach + 15g evoo (which is a lot more than a tablespoon lol)

btw, i was asking the other dude his height/weight and diet because i thought he might need help with his diet; but i think yours and my diet are a model that he can follow, depending on his weight that is.

how many weeks in are you?

Thumbs up

aiight fellas, i'm going to sleep now. tomorrow night's my cheat meal; all i have to do is stick to the diet for 5 additional meals, and get through 2 hours of cardio. i'll be taking a picture the morning/day after each cheat meal, and after a few weeks, i will evaluate the improvements. then after 15 weeks, i will be able to judge whether or not this diet is an effective cutting diet, and whether or not i'll use it in the future for contest prep
    Looking forward to your results bro

btw, i was asking the other dude his height/weight and diet because i thought he might need help with his diet; but i think yours and my diet are a model that he can follow, depending on his weight that is.

how many weeks in are you?
    I'm 1 week in, i'll be on my 7th day starting tomorrow. I think about 30 grams is about 1/2 cup of almonds. roughly 23 almonds according to:

http://www.bellybytes.com/articles/portfolio.pdf

hey guys, i had a throat infection last week, and yesterday it was fine, but i woke up a few hours ago, in the middle of the night, and my left ear (the left side of my head) hurts like a bitch. i think it is a sinus infection, that spread from my throat to my ear, because there is a lot of pressure in my left ear and cheek. any ideas on how to fix this, with this diet? what meds can i take, if any? btw, i AM taking stims right now, so i can't take anythign that would interfere or cause problems with Muscletech Hydroxycut Hardcore

this sucks man, i got a few hours of sleep and that's it

Closed Thread
Page 125 of 421 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 225 ... LastLast