illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Eating heavy and working out

OK, so I work out 5 days a week, 4 days cardio (cutting at the moment) and I was wondering if I'm right in my theory that I shouldn't hit the gym because I won't get much of a result when I eat very heavy. I ate Popeyes chicken today, and I usually work out on Saturdays but opted not to today because I was fairly certain the amount I burned during cardio would not sufficient to how much I put away at the table since you lose weight when you expend more calories than you take in. Am I right on this?

Weekends I do a little half hour gauntlet because it won't be ridiculously packed like it is on weekdays but I thought it'd be pointless to do it today and am holding it off for tomorrow. I hit the bike for 10 minutes, jog a mile, and then end it with 10 minutes on the elliptical.

This is in general; not to use it as an excuse you know because my cheat day I felt was yesterday until today lol but it really wasn't the greatest cheat day; I only ate 1 burrito the entire day. So anytime you eat like hell is it pointless to hit the gym for cardio minus the fact you're worried about adding weight? I'm more focused on being super productive and think going tomorrow instead when I'm eating about 1500 calories will be much better than today where it was probly a good 3000.

woodster821 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by illpunches View Post
    OK, so I work out 5 days a week, 4 days cardio (cutting at the moment) and I was wondering if I'm right in my theory that I shouldn't hit the gym because I won't get much of a result when I eat very heavy. I ate Popeyes chicken today, and I usually work out on Saturdays but opted not to today because I was fairly certain the amount I burned during cardio would not sufficient to how much I put away at the table since you lose weight when you expend more calories than you take in. Am I right on this?

Weekends I do a little half hour gauntlet because it won't be ridiculously packed like it is on weekdays but I thought it'd be pointless to do it today and am holding it off for tomorrow. I hit the bike for 10 minutes, jog a mile, and then end it with 10 minutes on the elliptical.

This is in general; not to use it as an excuse you know because my cheat day I felt was yesterday until today lol but it really wasn't the greatest cheat day; I only ate 1 burrito the entire day. So anytime you eat like hell is it pointless to hit the gym for cardio minus the fact you're worried about adding weight? I'm more focused on being super productive and think going tomorrow instead when I'm eating about 1500 calories will be much better than today where it was probly a good 3000.
    I know what you mean, but I would probably still go for a little exercise. I wouldnt kill myself with the cardio till the next day. I usually like to lift the same day i refeed/cheat, because I have a lot more energy.

Its really up to you but I wouldnt go overboard both days so you don't wear yourself out. Hope that helps....

PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000) PrisonerDilemma is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your body will usually burn off glycogen stores before hitting your fat/muscle if you're working on a calorie deficit already. Don't miss a workout because you didn't eat enough--it'll lead to a snowball effect and you'll find reasons not to work out.

The bottom line is to just stay on track as much as you can and to opt for meeting all your scheduled workouts. Consistency is the key to obtaining whatever goal you're setting for your body.

Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i'm sorry but your question makes no sense. You over eat so you might as well give up?
    If you do your cardio vigorously enough it will help keep your metabolism burning high to at least partially make up for the pig out. also, if you're doing any kind of real cardio and eating 1500 calories a day, you're going to be losing lean body mass or slowing your metabolism like crazy. That's not the way efficient fat loss is achieved. 1500 cals-500 cals burned from cardio =1000 calories a day= too little for a normal male's basic body functions. Too high of a deficit.
    Apollo Creed: [Screaming] There is no tomorrow! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!
    ---|AndroiD OS crew|---

illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50) illpunches will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mook1e View Post
    i'm sorry but your question makes no sense. You over eat so you might as well give up?
    If you do your cardio vigorously enough it will help keep your metabolism burning high to at least partially make up for the pig out. also, if you're doing any kind of real cardio and eating 1500 calories a day, you're going to be losing lean body mass or slowing your metabolism like crazy. That's not the way efficient fat loss is achieved. 1500 cals-500 cals burned from cardio =1000 calories a day= too little for a normal male's basic body functions. Too high of a deficit.
    i mean do i even bother hitting the gym on a day i overeat since i won't be reaching a deficit with calories to lose weight for the day.

i'm not fat and i got ridiculous work ethic at the gym, im in now way about to give up my goals because i ate ****ty one day. this isn't a cop out, just a reasoning i was wondering is correct.

user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) user5145 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    But if you overeat and go to the gym, you can still create a caloric deficit........at least you would minimize the potential effects of the cheat. Also, I think you would be able to cut on more than 1500 calories a day. I know it is different for everyone, but 1500 calories is cutting it kind of low.
    On the individual:

His responses grow intelligent, or gain meaning, simply because he lives and acts in a medium of accepted meanings and values. Through social intercourse, through sharing in the activities embodying beliefs, he gradually acquires a mind of his own. The conception of mind as a purely isolated possession of the self is at the very antipodes of the truth.

- John Dewey

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher.

~Ambrose Bierce

ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10) ScSc0rP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by illpunches View Post
    i mean do i even bother hitting the gym on a day i overeat since i won't be reaching a deficit with calories to lose weight for the day.

i'm not fat and i got ridiculous work ethic at the gym, im in now way about to give up my goals because i ate ****ty one day. this isn't a cop out, just a reasoning i was wondering is correct.
    uh, yeah. Weight loss is measured in total calorie deficit not total number of days on deficit. I don't think that is what your asking though because its a little too obvious. If your asking whether or not you "feel" like working out on a big cheat day and if others can relate; I understand the mentality. But it is just one more of things that if you dwell on will ruin you.
    Damn, I over ate
    Damn, might as well not work out
    Damn, I screwed up this week, I will just take a mini-vacation
    As somebody already stated, it could snowball. As long as you understand that it will become a non-issue.

Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000) Mook1e is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kingtego View Post
    Also, I think you would be able to cut on more than 1500 calories a day. I know it is different for everyone, but 1500 calories is cutting it kind of low.
    To the OP. You really need to re-evaluate your deficit. Recalc your maintenance and don't go below about 400 less.
    Apollo Creed: [Screaming] There is no tomorrow! THERE IS NO TOMORROW! THERE IS NO TOMORROW!
    ---|AndroiD OS crew|---

Originally Posted by Mook1e View Post
    To the OP. You really need to re-evaluate your deficit. Recalc your maintenance and don't go below about 400 less.
    hmmm. i've just been going low because for the most part i just lose weight no matter how horrible i eat. during this phase what i eat is just a lot better for me i.e. lean meats, vegetables, oatmeal and other stuff rather than fast food. i'd guess really my maintenance is near 3000 calories because when bulking, i finally started adding weight when i got near 4000 calories a day.

main issue i got is i rarely get time to eat throughout the day. pretty much i only get 1 real day off from work and school and this is how it usually works:

eat breakfast, about 200 calories then im at work grab a snack in between or school and grab a snack which is usually a special k bar. then i come home have lunch which is really about 500 calories, then hit the gym then eat dinner and dont really eat after that because dont want to eat before bed so my totals stay pretty low. i drink a protein shake before the gym so that gets me to around 1750 calories or so; i think i might add another shake or a protein bar during the day, think that might work?