theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Adjustable dumbbells, safe?

Hi, I had a pair of regular adjustable dumbbells with collars on to hold the weight. I was doing incline presses and the weight fell off. So this scared the **** out me and I bought some new threaded dumbbells with spin lock collars and they are awesome i think in comparison. Now I feel safe doing dummbell pullovers. But I'd really prefer olympic handles, and ones longer then 14 in., but I've search my ass of and can't find olympic threaded adjustable dumbbells. Are there olympic adjustable dumbbells that are safe to use for dumbbel pullovers? even with over a 100lbs? thanx

Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smokeeater has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by theshape
    Hi, I had a pair of regular adjustable dumbbells with collars on to hold the weight. I was doing incline presses and the weight fell off. So this scared the **** out me and I bought some new threaded dumbbells with spin lock collars and they are awesome i think in comparison. Now I feel safe doing dummbell pullovers. But I'd really prefer olympic handles, and ones longer then 14 in., but I've search my ass of and can't find olympic threaded adjustable dumbbells. Are there olympic adjustable dumbbells that are safe to use for dumbbel pullovers? even with over a 100lbs? thanx
    Why don't you invent olympic dumbbells with threaded collars and make millions of bucks? Now that would be sweet,and by sweet I mean totally awesome! Check this out for some ideas... http://www.realultimatepower.net/
    6'6", 279lbs

theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) theshape has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ha nice site

CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000) CitadelArmyJAG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Smokeeater
    Why don't you invent olympic dumbbells with threaded collars and make millions of bucks? Now that would be sweet,and by sweet I mean totally awesome! Check this out for some ideas... http://www.realultimatepower.net/
    NINJAS!!!!!#1

Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    TheShape,

How much (lbs) were you able to put on the screw collared standard dumbells? I've been using the spring type collars on my dumbells and wouldn't trust them with 60lbs. If you ever find anything please post your findings on this page. I have been looking for something that can hold more weight without having to spend a fortune right now.
    "Its hard to accept failure when you know in your heart you didn't try your best" RP

How much (lbs) were you able to put on the screw collared standard dumbells?

About a 105 lbs with 4 12 1/2lb plates on each side, but thats a 14" dumbbell. I saw the same design with the threaded handles and spin lock collars that are 20" handles. I imagine with 7 12 1/2lb plates on each side you could put up to 180 lbs. They were like $35 dollars but for some reason i didnt save the site so i dont know where i saw them. Ill try to find them because I want them myself, except i dont have that many 10lb plates or 12 1/2lb plates so ill have to pick up some more of those.

Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to have the screw-on dumbell handles at one point and I'll agree they seem pretty secure.

buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) buresnipes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have the block adjustable dumbbells they work great but i would rather have a set of normal ones if i could afford them.

Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dinotrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by theshape
    How much (lbs) were you able to put on the screw collared standard dumbells?

About a 105 lbs with 4 12 1/2lb plates on each side, but thats a 14" dumbbell. I saw the same design with the threaded handles and spin lock collars that are 20" handles. I imagine with 7 12 1/2lb plates on each side you could put up to 180 lbs. They were like $35 dollars but for some reason i didnt save the site so i dont know where i saw them. Ill try to find them because I want them myself, except i dont have that many 10lb plates or 12 1/2lb plates so ill have to pick up some more of those.
    http://www.newyorkbarbells.tv/im-0030.html They have 18" threaded dumbbells. If you find the 20"s post the link.
    Don't complicate things by making things complicated.....

Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shredded_Wheat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Shape,

I found some screw on collared dumbbells at Walmart of all places the other day. They are $ 5.66 /piece. They can hold up to 80 lbs securely with quite a bit of thread remaining. It could probably go to 100lbs but not much thread left. This is using 10lb standard plates.
    "Its hard to accept failure when you know in your heart you didn't try your best" RP