cnm210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb Deciding between 2 sports!!!

Hello,
    I am a 19 year old sophomore at a DIII school currently on the swim team.
    I am trying to decide if I want to continue swimming next year or try out for the football team.

I have swam almost all my life and this past season my team just won our conference title and I set a school record, made an NCAA B cut and won 2 individual events. My conference meet made me realize how much ill miss swimming if I quit. However, during the entire season I complained and wanted to quit so bad, so its hard to justify going through another year of suffering and hating to have to go to practice just to have 1 good meet at the end of the season.

On the other hand, I've always wanted to play football but I never have, and I love watching football. I used to play soccer and from that I transitioned into kicking field goals on my own time. It's something I enjoy doing. Earlier this year I talked to the football coach and they are interested in having me try out this spring for kicker next year. I think I have a shot of making it but it's not a guarantee.

So now I am trying to decide if I want to try out for the football team or not. If I don't make it, I can just swim next year. But if I do make it I will have to quit swimming because I don't have enough time to juggle 2 sports and a hard academic schedule.

If I quit swimming, I will regret seeing how well I could do in my last 2 years of college. If I don't try out for football, I will regret never trying something that I always dreamed of.

any help is appreciated!

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is really a personal decision for you OP. Do what you think will make you happy.

Don't let others guide you one way or another. Whatever you choose, I wish you all the best!
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wheelecr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cnm210 View Post
    Hello,
    I am a 19 year old sophomore at a DIII school currently on the swim team.
    I am trying to decide if I want to continue swimming next year or try out for the football team.

I have swam almost all my life and this past season my team just won our conference title and I set a school record, made an NCAA B cut and won 2 individual events. My conference meet made me realize how much ill miss swimming if I quit. However, during the entire season I complained and wanted to quit so bad, so its hard to justify going through another year of suffering and hating to have to go to practice just to have 1 good meet at the end of the season.

On the other hand, I've always wanted to play football but I never have, and I love watching football. I used to play soccer and from that I transitioned into kicking field goals on my own time. It's something I enjoy doing. Earlier this year I talked to the football coach and they are interested in having me try out this spring for kicker next year. I think I have a shot of making it but it's not a guarantee.

So now I am trying to decide if I want to try out for the football team or not. If I don't make it, I can just swim next year. But if I do make it I will have to quit swimming because I don't have enough time to juggle 2 sports and a hard academic schedule.

If I quit swimming, I will regret seeing how well I could do in my last 2 years of college. If I don't try out for football, I will regret never trying something that I always dreamed of.

any help is appreciated!
    Try out for the football teamand see if you even have to make a choice. Giving it a go may satisfy your curiosity and eliminate your what if. Its not uncommon to end a season and feel like why did I put myself through this? Only to get that itch 3 months later and realize why you were doing it. Do what you feel will make you happy. Don't let others make the choice for you on something like this.
    Chris

Twitter and Instagram @WarPaintWaldo
    OCRAddict.com
    OCRAddict on ********