RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Show on a female bodybuilder!!!! NOW!

The Discovery Channel is running a documentary on Joanna Thomas' preparation for the Ms. Olympia...check it out! It's really great...a serious reality check. It's called "Supersize She"

little person syndrome sillyvent's Avatar
    sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000) sillyvent is just really nice. (+1000)
    I know...I saw it. It's great!!
    Tiny but mighty

rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I watched this show yesterday.....the subject of steriods was metioned and from her response and her father's response, I'm guessing she does take steriods.

Don't they test for this? Is this really allowed?

serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) serinebean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dont get mad if I am wrong, but I have been given the idea that its impossible to look like that as a female without steroids. So, yes I think that she uses them.
    As to why its allowed, that a whole other issue that I wont touch.
    "Choice is ours whether
    we become victim or victor!!"

"You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches...."

rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It has always been my impression that competitions would test for steriods...but maybe each competition is different.

I agree with your comment about how the females looked...not only their muscle mass but their faces and voices. All of the women in the competition had very masculine faces and voices...steriods must be a huge contributor.

_Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Bladen_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Watched it last night, wasn't she at 3.8% bodyfat for the olympia? That is just plain insane!

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by serinebean
    Dont get mad if I am wrong, but I have been given the idea that its impossible to look like that as a female without steroids. So, yes I think that she uses them.
    As to why its allowed, that a whole other issue that I wont touch.
    Can't get to the O with out juice. Even though they do "use", it's still a lot of dedication and hard work. I still admire them but don't care for that look as much anymore.

headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) headturner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rungrl
    I watched this show yesterday.....the subject of steriods was metioned and from her response and her father's response, I'm guessing she does take steriods.

Don't they test for this? Is this really allowed?
    Have you seen her??? Of course she takes steroids. To each his/her own....Ms. Fit is right....it still takes an incredible amount of work, but almost all professionals (unless they outright claim to be natural) are "juicing".

Not so chubby anymore ChubbyBunny's Avatar
    ChubbyBunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChubbyBunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChubbyBunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChubbyBunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChubbyBunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChubbyBunny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by _Bladen_
    Watched it last night, wasn't she at 3.8% bodyfat for the olympia? That is just plain insane!
    Actually, she got down to 2.6% bodyfat. I agree, it is insane!

MissKristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissKristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissKristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissKristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissKristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MissKristi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rungrl
    It has always been my impression that competitions would test for steriods...but maybe each competition is different.

I agree with your comment about how the females looked...not only their muscle mass but their faces and voices. All of the women in the competition had very masculine faces and voices...steriods must be a huge contributor.
    i know in the shows in CT.....all they do is a polygraph test
    You cant win if you dont play!

Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MsFit
    Can't get to the O with out juice. Even though they do "use", it's still a lot of dedication and hard work. I still admire them but don't care for that look as much anymore.
    Bump to that Karen.
    I would love to have that kind of muscle mass but it's just not going to happen without steroids for me and I have no desire to go down that path personally.
    I may never be as big as the girls in the Miss O but I'm still growing and getting stronger naturally.
    Retired strongwoman and powerlifter. Now living for God!
    www.ausdisciples.com

* My posts prior to Nov 2008 do not reflect my new-found faith in Christ. I became Christian in Nov 2008.

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    THe only drug tested competitions that I know of are the local ones. Anything on the state and national level is not tested. Anybody who is anybody in bodybuilding/figure/fitness has used some sort of steroid. Drugs are being used more and more by people for all kinds of reasons not just to put on muscle. They are used to help diet down and preserve the muscle as well.
    What you see on the Ms. Olympia level is the extreme but often female bb use and you can't even tell.
    As far as how the competitors are tested on the local level depends on the organizations running the show. Oftentimes they will pick out people who look like they've been using and make them take a polygraph/urine test. You have to remember that testing is expensive and would take away from profits as well.
    I believe the natural bodybuilding organization has very strict rules and tests everyone.
    I agree with Titania. I have no desire to use drugs not to say that the temptation isn't there once in a while.

RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It was clear to me simply by looking at her that she's used and IS using. At one point in the show she was watching video of her first competition and said "look at how cute my face used to be"...women's faces don't change because they lift weights...they change because they're taking male hormones. You won't find a woman in bodybuilding, fitness, or figure at the national level who hasn't dabbled in at LEAST a little clen...and I'd doubt there are many who haven't tried things like primo, T3, and anavar. For women like Joanna Thomas, I'd say she's tried quite a bit more than that. No, at the pro level in the IFBB drug testing is not a factor. In this sport, drug use is an accepted factor in competitors' success. I really wish people would stop focusing on that aspect and start noticing how hard bodybuilders work and all the sacrifices they make to get to where they are in a sport that demands so much of your body and of your life.

arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by RxFigure
    I really wish people would stop focusing on that aspect and start noticing how hard bodybuilders work and all the sacrifices they make to get to where they are in a sport that demands so much of your body and of your life.
    Very well put. Agreed.
    "Ain't no party like a Scranton party cause a Scranton party don't stop."