BBcom Ad Dude has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Here's What We're Looking For...

Howdy Folks!

We value our customers' input, so we created this section to allow the
    people that TRULY make BodyBuilding.com happen to share their thoughts,
    stories and ideas. We appreciate your help!

We've come up with an idea for a campaign that we're excited about, but
    we need some help getting it off the ground. We know the idea is strong,
    but we're stuck at that point and are trying to decide how to implement it.

The campaign is based around the tag line "Strength In Numbers."
    We want to show the vast numbers that are associated with BBcom on so
    many levels (visitors, customers, products, pounds, programs, etc.), and
    how these huge numbers work their way down to just one person -- and
    how that person could be the target we aim at in our advertising.

We want to know HOW DID BODYBUILDING.COM HELP YOU? We're looking
    for special stories here (you can post in the transformation thread if that
    applies). We encourage you to include pictures with your posts! What did
    BBcom do for you that no one else could? How did we make a difference?

WE WANT TO KNOW! And who knows? It could make you famous!

Thanks again for your input. Know that it is valued!
    Jeran

Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kill_yourself has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    some sort of credit reward system would be great and more motivational mate

BoDyBuIlDeR AT LaRgE nooneno12325265's Avatar
    nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would love to help i love helping people try and market things, just PM me on what u got so far and ill help
    Muscle costs money, question is how big can you afford to be?

Streetballa from the streets, and a freak in the sheets

BoDyBuIlDeR AT LaRgE nooneno12325265's Avatar
    nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nooneno12325265 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i know t shirts get the word out...but then ud need a design...have it say 100,000 strong and growing...but its hard to think of what else u may be able to do...i really dont even know what u guys would be willing to do
    Muscle costs money, question is how big can you afford to be?

Streetballa from the streets, and a freak in the sheets

Droptank has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Street Teams

I suggest that you have some sort of street team. This would provide nearly free advertising through a vast network of diverse consumers. In reponse for the advertising, maybe you could have some sort of discount for those individuals. Of course this would appeal to primarily to a younger audience. However a young satisfied customer will will be a lifetime buyer. Think about it!!!!

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    pay me 100 bucks I design it for you ; )
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) triple x lx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I own and operate a nascar race team with 2 cars at stafford motor speedway in stafford springs connecticut. I am study athletic training, and sports medicine at southern connecticut state university. I would love the oportunity to showcase your logo on my racecars at stafford and feel that because of my background, I would be able to stress the importance of nutrition and supplementation to a very large audience (magazine, television, newspaper, 5000 weekly spectators). Just wondering if you think that this type of advertisement would definately get the image out. Besides, I swear by BB.com and already recomend you guys.

For more information, please visit Staffordmotorspeedway.com

RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RxFigure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What did BB.com do for me?

-It made a healthy lifestyle affordable
    -It gave me somewhere to go when I have questions about fitness, nutrition, weight lifting, etc.
    -It kept me going when I was ready to forget about this sport
    -It inspired me to compete for the first time...the first of many to come
    -It helped me realize that muscle isn't just for men
    -It helped me love my body more than I ever have
    -It introduced me to the love of my life (thanks to him wearing a bb.com shirt in the gym and me happening to be from BB.com's homebase, Boise, ID - I asked him about his shirt and it's been all uphill since. Everytime I meet a person in the gym wearing a bb.com shirt, there's a mutual instant bond because we both know that we're in the presence of another person who cares as much about this sport as we do...it's a great conversation starter!)

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I like the street team idea. I say charge $20.00 a year (or just as a flat fee) for membership and offer a bb.com street team t-shirt, a percentage off of each order or some other special promotion, and a membership card (w/ a member number) in which we could present at different functions (Arnold Classic, Mr. Olympia) throughout the year for special gifts or prizes. Not only would you make a profit from the memberships but it creates a more official organization that people will want to be apart of.
    Goal- From 211- 155 (56 lbs) by July

Cool Glad your on my side.

I dont think that the Ad Dude is listening to us!

ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cardioking
    I like the street team idea. I say charge $20.00 a year (or just as a flat fee) for membership and offer a bb.com street team t-shirt, a percentage off of each order or some other special promotion, and a membership card (w/ a member number) in which we could present at different functions (Arnold Classic, Mr. Olympia) throughout the year for special gifts or prizes. Not only would you make a profit from the memberships but it creates a more official organization that people will want to be apart of.

After thinking about this I am in favor of a BB.com Street Team too. An exclusive BB.com Street Team Tshirt for joining would be pretty awesome. $20, maybe $25/year would be ok. A percentage off each order would be cool, but the prices here are quite reasonable. Maybe if there were monthly Street Team specials that were emailed out to members with maybe a monthly give-away for members. Possibly a Street Team members only forum where the Team could collectively spawn ideas for BB.com Tshirts, post Street Team promotions and etc.

ncybrspce

ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ncybrspce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BBcom Ad Dude
    Howdy Folks!

What is missing here is how the campaign is going to show the vast ways that BB.com can help people. If you are attempting to target the borderline people, those that want to get in shape/etc but just need the right push to get involved, how are you going to get thier attention? Tshirts, web ads? As an expert PC user, I don't see many ads on the web at all due to firewall and software configuration - no pop ups on my pc's. I ran across BB.com after running several google searches for various bobdybuilding/supplement keywords.

If you are talking about a TV or radio commercials (IMO) you could have atleast 3 kinds of commercials. One showing that BB.com is a super site for both obtaining information and supplements. One for just the information side - articles and forums, and then one commercial for just the cyberstore side.

If the Street Team idea is used that could add another dimension of how people are getting involved.

BB.com helped me by giving me knowledge. After browsing the store looking at the different products and thier uses so I got an idea of what I could use to help me I then got into the articles and forums to see what products people were using and what techniques/training was working for them.

Anyways.. Hope this helps.

ncybrspce

skid_rugby has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Could try something like this

Visitors: 1,000,000 (or whatever number)
    Products: 500,000
    Chat forums: 5,000
    Workouts: 400
    Goals: 1 TO MAKE YOU HUGE

(Bodybuilding.com logo here)

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BBcom Ad Dude
    Howdy Folks!

We value our customers' input, so we created this section to allow the
    people that TRULY make BodyBuilding.com happen to share their thoughts,
    stories and ideas. We appreciate your help!

We've come up with an idea for a campaign that we're excited about, but
    we need some help getting it off the ground. We know the idea is strong,
    but we're stuck at that point and are trying to decide how to implement it.

WE WANT TO KNOW! And who knows? It could make you famous!

Thanks again for your input. Know that it is valued!
    Jeran

Can you give us an idea of where you guys are going in the next couple of months? What do you have in store for the Arnold Classic? Any Street team info or is that idea canned?

Red face C'mon Ad dude

Originally Posted by Droptank
    I suggest that you have some sort of street team. This would provide nearly free advertising through a vast network of diverse consumers. In reponse for the advertising, maybe you could have some sort of discount for those individuals. Of course this would appeal to primarily to a younger audience. However a young satisfied customer will will be a lifetime buyer. Think about it!!!!
    Lets get my idea off the ground, we havent heard from you and it would be nice to say yay or nay! I will be waiting for some flyers!

Originally Posted by ncybrspce
    What is missing here is how the campaign is going to show the vast ways that BB.com can help people. If you are attempting to target the borderline people, those that want to get in shape/etc but just need the right push to get involved, how are you going to get thier attention? Tshirts, web ads? As an expert PC user, I don't see many ads on the web at all due to firewall and software configuration - no pop ups on my pc's. I ran across BB.com after running several google searches for various bobdybuilding/supplement keywords.

If you are talking about a TV or radio commercials (IMO) you could have atleast 3 kinds of commercials. One showing that BB.com is a super site for both obtaining information and supplements. One for just the information side - articles and forums, and then one commercial for just the cyberstore side.

If the Street Team idea is used that could add another dimension of how people are getting involved.

BB.com helped me by giving me knowledge. After browsing the store looking at the different products and thier uses so I got an idea of what I could use to help me I then got into the articles and forums to see what products people were using and what techniques/training was working for them.

Anyways.. Hope this helps.

ncybrspce

I think in order to get the vast majority to check out the site I think there needs to be a slogan under the bodybuilding.com logo such as Bodybuilding.com "the source you need for all your fitness goals" This way people don't see bb.com as just another bodybuilding site. People already think negatively about bodybuilding and most people do not want to be huge like the bodybuilders. As a matter of fact, a lot of people who go to the gym don't even consider themselves bodybuilders. I think with a name like bb.com you are setting yourself up to obtain most bodybuilders who are familiar with the freaky mass physiques and the IFBB. But for the mainstream I think a slogan that reaches out to everyone is necessary.