Thread: run motivation

duder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

run motivation

dude im all about the lifting 4x a week, and i used to run 2 miles everyday for a month, but for the past 2 weeks ive been slacking, and really been overeating and i havent run at all. seriously i can feel the fat accumulating around my body. i know i must sound like a complaining piece of crap but im having trouble finding motivation to get the hell out and start running again and shedding this fat. any motivational tips?

TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TDUB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whenever i find myself slacking from workouts, i just force myself to do it. The biggest thing i find is i need a training partner to motivate me. Try and find someone who has similar goals that you have and motivate and force each other to just do it. And well if that doesnt work maybe go pop a couple of thermogenics for some added energy.
    Starting the cut.

DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500) DTRG is not very helpful. (-500)
    just think of all the babes thatll be all over you if you run and lose the fat.

look at pictures of fat people and/or look at transformation pages

there are 1000s of motivational techniques,but those are the only two im posting...maybe if i get motivated ill post some more.....

Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50) Colin Gilbert will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DTRG
    just think of all the babes thatll be all over you if you run and lose the fat.
    I can attest to that!

Maybe you should invest in a decent MP3 player... I recommend the RCA Lyra (smaller capacity, but will NEVER skip and is very resistant to any shock!) Don't touch anything made by Rio, however. They used to makegood sports equipment, but they became obsessed with stylish designs and sacrificed usability completely.
    I'm a lover AND a fighter.

dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Get a small mp3 player, throw some amped up or some of your favorite music on there and suck it up and do it!!

habitual line stepper AshyLarry's Avatar
    AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10) AshyLarry is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by duder
    i know i must sound like a complaining piece of crap but im having trouble finding motivation to get the hell out and start running again and shedding this fat. any motivational tips?
    Mirror? If you're unhappy with how you look then all you need is a mirror and that should get you running. Or the women, that might help.

Nis14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't do anything without my mini ipod strapped to my arm...

Posted up like a Mailbox JohnRambo's Avatar
    JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JohnRambo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you've been running solid for a month or two, you might want to try substituting running with biking, swimming, or some other form of high intensity cardio. Then you can go back to runnning with a fresh start.
    "I must break you" - Ivan Drago

"In Life its not about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward" Rocky Balboa

"Winners take imperfect action while losers are still perfecting the plan."

"Success is easy to find, its down the street from discipline and around the corner from consistency."

rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rungrl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used to only run for cardio....and I HATED it. It was so hard to run week after week. Sure, you got results, but it's just not fun.

Like JohnRambo said, try other forms of cardio. Even join a recreation sports team....basketball or soccer is great.

I recently got really into mountain biking and have had better results than I ever did with running....plus it's fun.

Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000) Taistelu is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love running in the winter, despite there 5 feet of snow outside. We have a treadmill in our basement that I actually don't mind using. All I simply do is put on either the Simpsons or Family Guy and that gets my though my cardio no problem.

If you're running outside and you need motivation, run around a park with a lot of people around. I don't completley know why, but it just makes running a little more interesting. And of course, you could invest in a MP3 player like its been suggested before. Those little things really help to pass the time.
    "With all that I am, I will lift my voice to start this revolution: it starts today and it starts with me"

"The more you sweat now, the less you'll bleed in battle"

Olen rep takaisin.

bballboy30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballboy30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballboy30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballboy30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballboy30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballboy30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bballboy30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whenever I don't feel like running or lifting I just think of all the pain and sacrafice I went through during previous workouts and all the foods I gave up for my diet. I don't want to go through all the pain for nothing. With this mindset I find it easy to stick to a diet and workout schedule.

Hope this helps.
    Alex