BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000) BUFFY is just really nice. (+1000)

How much do people lift on SL deadlift?

Hey,
    I was just wondering how much everyone does on straight leg deadlifts. Cheers.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    pyramid
    365 if feeling strong
    225x20 for a finish
    strict form, mid calf to mid thigh
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've done 315 for 7 and 225 for 20. With a slow negative on each rep (try to do 4 or more seconds)
    Peace

Location: in the back seat of your truck with duct tape stretched out
    Antigravity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    280 for 12. f*ckin up my lower back though. Form is perfect. Seems my body just wasn't built for them. Gonna have to switch to leg curls for a while.
    Antigravity - defying the laws of physics

The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Greg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tried them for the first time ever...

100lbs (dont laugh, i wanted good form) and OH-MY-F____ING-GOD does by back hurt... not a good "hey that feels like i worked my back" pain, but a "**** i think i pulled something" pain.. needless to say i will be heading to a gym and getting professional help the next time i work my back (prolly a good 2+ weeks )

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    u should also feel it in your hammies, if not your doing something wrong.

Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000) Sage is just really nice. (+1000)
    sldl i believe along with front/rear/lateral raises are lifts that shouldnt be judged by how much weight you carry. Having strict form is a key in all exericse but crucial on these. Just so much beneficial and safer for using moderate weight on sldl's
    "Im the greatest scientifically inclined mind since einstein" -canibus-

very true, however if you can go heavy and maintain good form...by all means do so.
    Peace

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Remember:
    Stiff Legged Dead Lifts are NOT done with stiff legs, they should be slightly bent
    The range of motion on these is NOT to the floor, it should be from approx mid-calf to mid-thigh
    Those of you who feel it in your lower back were probably going too low and rounding
    Keeping the arch in the lower back should take that muscle group out of the equation, SLD's are meant to target the hams and glutes, if you feel them too much in your back you have bad form or are going too low
    Be safe, keep form, lift big
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I also tried SLDLs for the first time last week. I thought I had good form, but the next day my lower back was very sore, but my hams weren't sore at all. I guess I fukked up in some way.

firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Actually the further down you go the more you will feel it in the hams and glutes. Try using a bar loaded with 10 pounds for stiff leg deadlifts and you will see what I mean.

Originally posted by firstmark Actually the further down you go the more you will feel it in the hams and glutes. Try using a bar loaded with 10 pounds for stiff leg deadlifts and you will see what I mean.
    Actually, the further down you go, the more likely you are to lose form and injure your back.
    Try using some real weight for a change.
    This is a power/size building movement, not a stretching warm up.
    If you can go to the ground before you feel it in the hams and glutes, you need to put away that little 10 pounder and lift some real weight.
    You should begin to feel the pull in the hams as you decellerate the weight at about the knee point and this should translate into a real good tension at mid calf. Hold this position for a couple of seconds.
    THEN you need to CONCENTRATE on using the hams to pull the body back up, NOT the back. At the top of the movement, concentrate on squeezing the glutes and pushing the hips forward, KEEP tension in the glutes for a few seconds before going back down.
    If you use a good amount of weight, keep good form, and hold the stretch and contraction, you will see much better growth in the hams.
    I've gone from barely being able to pull 185 to a good set of 6 with 365 in 8 months, because I listened to someone else who had done the same
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ctgblus is spot-on with this.

That's why it's important that your first motion is to push your ass straight back, this lengthens the hamstrings as much as they can. The more you can control your butt's motion (I know, it sounds funny) the more effective the exercise will be.

I don't care who are, or how heavy/light your poundages are, if you lower the bar with straight legs, and touch the bar to your shoetops, your back is rounding big time. Some may not get hurt by this, it still doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Bend your legs slightly, push your ass back ass far as it will go (I know it sounds gay, do it anyway), and lower the bar slowly to mid shin or just above the ankles. Believe me it'll feel like someone's slicing your hammies, and the next day it'll feel like your hamstrongs have been stabbed.

Start light, build up to heavy poundages, always maintain form. SLDL's are one of those exercises that unforgiving. You lose form and/or concentration, and one mistake might be all it will take to wreck your back. Once you've hurt your back once, you're never the same.

Put your ego aside, and do it right.

After reading all of these posts on good form I am just reaffirmed that my form is right on. My back never rounds, knees slightly bent, ass out. The pain I get in my back is not a muscle pain, more like an aching in the tailbone area. Maybe I've got a sciatic problem. Either way it pisses me off.

firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firstmark has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was meaning if you use a slew of 10 pound plates rather than a few 45 pound plates you will have to lower the bar farther. That you will feel more in your hamstrings.

MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've done SLDs the last two weeks, and never before that.. Still 95 lbs for me. Actually the bar had two 10s and a 5 on each end when I found it and it felt ok. I Got a good workout the first time, and the second, since I could really feel the hams/glutes for a few days.

Originally posted by firstmark I was meaning if you use a slew of 10 pound plates rather than a few 45 pound plates you will have to lower the bar farther. That you will feel more in your hamstrings.
    That would put your hnds down at your feet, too low. The point is that, if you NEED to go that far, you aren't moving enough weight AND it's guaranteed that you are losing the arch in your back. This is the primary cause of injuries with this movement, trust me on this one. Add weight until you get good tension at the mid calf level and you won't be tempted to drop to far and compromise the back.
    You don't need to crush yourself like I do, but you need to move enough to get the right workout in the "safe range".
    lift big 2 get big
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do you guys have a straight leg or a slight bend?
    1......2......3...... LIFT

slight bend for me

SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000) SUPERM4N is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.alloutfitness.com/bodymap/vid_ham_i.htm

^^^ti miht help you guys out with the form...
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle."

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Very Light

I dont know what the deal is, but i use 50 to 60 pound db's (100-120 lbs) and get an INCREDIBLE ham workout. i am a fairly strong guy and can squat 315x15 and bench 225x20. i am glad i dont have to go so heavy on them to get a great growth inducing workout for my hams. my upper hams are very nicely developed from doing these. i could go a lot heavier by losening my form just a hair and get the same results, but with much more potential harm to the lower back. My 'pre-stretch' posture for this exercise feels awesome, as if im perfectly suited for them. theyre burning/aching almost before i start lowering the weight. My hams feel like theyre gonna be ripped out of their insertions when i do them. why do i feel them so well and use so little weight? i AM flexible. i can easily put the palm of my hands on the floor with completely straight legs. my range of motion on stiff legs is like ctg has noted, mid-thigh (maybe a tad lower) to mid-calf (or slightly lower).

Pair if you use dumbells you have to go down farther and hence work the hams more.
    Same is true if you use smaller weight plates on a bar as opposed to 45's.

Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pairunoyd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by firstmark
    Pair if you use dumbells you have to go down farther and hence work the hams more.
    Same is true if you use smaller weight plates on a bar as opposed to 45's.
    you 'have to'? why, because you can? My range of motion is as stated above and i feel it immensely and intensely in my hams, with NO low back fatigue at all, nothing, all hams.

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    last time i did 360 for a single

D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by ctgblue
    Remember:
    Stiff Legged Dead Lifts are NOT done with stiff legs, they should be slightly bent
    The range of motion on these is NOT to the floor, it should be from approx mid-calf to mid-thigh
    Those of you who feel it in your lower back were probably going too low and rounding
    Keeping the arch in the lower back should take that muscle group out of the equation, SLD's are meant to target the hams and glutes, if you feel them too much in your back you have bad form or are going too low
    Be safe, keep form, lift big
    bump on the form here. stiff leg deadlift is a bad name. you only feel it in ur back if you DO go with stiff legs. you have to bend them a bit and stick out your ass

i went low enough to hit the floor with the weights on the bb. it felt fine. it was also my first time yesterday with 120lbs. i imagine that in the next couple weeks i'll be up to 150 or so. it hurts like hell today. my squat sucks so i hope this will help

D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the video was okay, but from what i have read it looked a bit too low. i think going maybe 3 inches to 5 inches higher would be best.

Flex18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bar

keep the like an inch or two away from you body
    -=Shut up and lift=-