Closed Thread
    sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Everything You Need To Know About Creatine & ATP !

Creatine Monohydrate

Introduction To Creatine

Creatine Monohydrate, also known as Creatine, is a colorless, crystalline compound used for the production of phosphocreatine, important to formation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the source of energy for muscle contraction and many other functions in the body.

Up to 2,000 mg (2 grams) of creatine are produced every day in the body by the kidneys and liver. Another 1,000 to 2,000 mg (one to 2 grams) per day comes from the diet. Creatine concentrates mostly in the large (skeletal) muscles, where it is involved in producing energy and moderating muscle fatigue. Most adult humans stores about 120,000 mg (120 grams) of creatine and use about 2,000 mg (2 grams) every day. However, it is believed that muscle stores of creatine are decreased dramatically during the first few seconds of exercise and that intensive exercise uses up creatine at very fast rates. After physical activity is haulted creatine stores gradually replenish over several minutes. Creatine supplementation may increase the amount of creatine reserve up to 140,000 to 150,000 mg (140 to 150 grams), but any excess creatine is lost in the urine.

Creatine Side Effects

In a study of side effects of creatine, diarrhea was the most commonly reported adverse effect of creatine supplementation, followed by muscle cramping. Weight gain may occur from water retention. During a five day loading period, weight gains of 1.1 to 3.5 pounds have been reported. There are reports of elevated serum creatinine, a metabolite of creatine and a marker of kidney function, in some who take creatine and have normal renal function. This is reversible upon discontinuation of creatine.

Little is known about the long-term affects of creatine usage. Many people do not experience any adverse short-term side effects from using creatine. Most side effects experienced are reversible upon discontinuation of creatine

Breaking It Down

Creatine is by far the most popular supplement on the market right now, and most people on this forum use it daily. And we all know,Creatine works! No need to get fancy. Just plain Creatine Monohydrate is fine. But most people dont know the basics of what creatine really is, its over hyped and im gonna break it down for the noobs, and even those who think they know, but dont.

The main job for Creatine is a carrier molecule for phosphate. The Creatine Monohydrate supplement that you take is converted to Creatine phosphate in the muscles. When your muscles contract they use the energy from the breakdown of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) to do work leaving a less energetic compound Adenosine Diphosphate (ADP).(Mono=1, Di=2, and Tri=3). When training, ATP must be regenerated from the resulting ADP in order to be reused for energy again, and this process continues several times. This is done by taking a phosphate from Creatine phosphate and attaching it to the ADP molecule to reform ATP, thus making the molecule useable again and again. If Creatine is consumed in supplement form more of the Creatine phosphate can be stored and made available thus allowing workouts last a lot longer. The result...you can train harder, longer and make better gains. This is why creatine is so popular. Creatine doesnt make you big, it helps you get big. Never relay on a supplement to make you big, relay on it to help you.

When your muscles store Creatine more water is also stored in the muscles in order to maintain homeostasis(The processes used to maintain such bodily equilibrium). This causes the muscles to appear more full and can allow for the gain of up to 10 lbs of lean mass in a matter of about a week! Initially this mass gain is almost entirely water but if Creatine supplementation is continued the body begins to respond to the equilibrium shift by building more muscle. Thus solidifying the gain, and giving you better gains everytime. Users will tend to lose some of the weight gain at the end of a Creatine cycle but an average muscle mass gain of 2-5 pounds is very common, especially among first time users. I'm happy to say that Creatine is definitely a must have supplement if you want to maximize your gains in the gym.

ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate )

Scientific Description
    ATP is the nucleotide known in biochemistry as the "molecular currency" of intracellular energy transfer; that is, ATP is able to store and transport chemical energy within cells. ATP also plays an important role in the synthesis of nucleic acids. ATP molecules are also used to store the energy plants make in cellular respiration.

Keep'in It Simple
    ATP, the organic compound composed of adenine, the sugar ribose, and three phosphate groups. ATP serves as the major energy source within the cell to drive a number of biological processes such as photosynthesis, muscle contraction, and the synthesis of proteins. It is broken down by hydrolysis to yield adenosine diphosphate (ADP), inorganic phosphorus, and energy. ADP can be further broken down to yield adenosine monophosphate (AMP), additional phosphorus, and more energy. When the phosphorus and energy are immediately used to drive other reactions, such as the synthesis of uridine diphosphate (UDP), an RNA precursor, from uridine monophosphate (UMP), the pair of reactions are said to be coupled. New ATP is produced from AMP using the energy released from the breakdown of fuel molecules, such as fats and sugars.

I STRONGLY suggest you guys memorize this just for the sake of knowing it.

Good Luck !
    Sanj

Pain Is A Beautiful Thing....
    If You Feel Pain, You Know Your Alive...

No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice fuc5ing post, i'd say the post of the month in the teen sections.
    Learned alot, was wondering for a person who consumes two tuna cans a day, how much creatine is being consumed? I know not much but does it make a difference?
    Rep Me If I Have Assisted In Some Sort Of Way, Thank You...

Current Status Not Maxed, Just Reps:::
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 178
    Bench: 185
    Squat: 230
    Curl: 35
    Bwuahahaa!!> dss Choke.. cough.. die.

l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3ul2n has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good post

sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10) sanj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by No1zSaif
    Nice fuc5ing post, i'd say the post of the month in the teen sections.
    Learned alot, was wondering for a person who consumes two tuna cans a day, how much creatine is being consumed? I know not much but does it make a difference?
    ur probably consuming about 1000mg(1g) of creatine in your diet, which is used completly through the day, and your workout, so its not enough.
    Sanj

indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indianlifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have high creatinine levels 3.0 and am showing kidney failure. I took creatine mono for 2 yrs them this past month was on CEE and got a blood test 2 weeks ago for a diff. medical reason and it showed high creatinine. just thought I would let yall know. I currently am on a low protein diet under 80-90 grams and am not allowed to exercise or lift. Life sucks right about now. Oh and I drank close to 2 gallons of water a day.
    clean bulking

No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No1zSaif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sanj
    ur probably consuming about 1000mg(1g) of creatine in your diet, which is used completly through the day, and your workout, so its not enough.

was wondering if you had aim/aol? i'd like some help on the loading phase or whatever you guys call it. when to take.. should i mix with protein shakes? ect..

garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

nice post

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Good work!

Originally Posted by indianlifter
    i have high creatinine levels 3.0 and am showing kidney failure. I took creatine mono for 2 yrs them this past month was on CEE and got a blood test 2 weeks ago for a diff. medical reason and it showed high creatinine. just thought I would let yall know. I currently am on a low protein diet under 80-90 grams and am not allowed to exercise or lift. Life sucks right about now. Oh and I drank close to 2 gallons of water a day.
    Sorry to hear that. but im sure you'll be fine and back to lifting soon. good luck bro !

Originally Posted by No1zSaif
    was wondering if you had aim/aol? i'd like some help on the loading phase or whatever you guys call it. when to take.. should i mix with protein shakes? ect..
    i dont have aol/aim, sorry, but i do have msn, its listed under my name, add me if you need to talk about anything, or send me a msg, and ill help you with any questions regarding this topic, or training and nutrition.

When Taking Creatine
    Step 1 -Loading: 20-25g of Creatine for 1-2 weeks
    Step 2 -Go Off For 1 week
    Step 3 -Maintain for 4-7 Weeks: 5-10g of Creatine
    Step 4 -Go Off For 2 Weeks

These four steps worked wonders for me. other suggest diffrently, but this is way better.

good luck !
    Last edited by sanj; 09-11-2005 at 08:03 PM.
    Sanj

I will also be working on newer threads over the month on Nutrition and Training, and everything in between. Next topic will probably have to do with insulin, and GI Carbs. so keep your eyes open for the thread.
    Sanj

garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250) garret has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sanj
    I will also be working on newer threads over the month on Nutrition and Training, and everything in between. Next topic will probably have to do with insulin, and GI Carbs. so keep your eyes open for the thread.
    its good to still have someone that knows what they r talking about.

bump for sanj

doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10) doogieh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Loading creatine is optional. You can just take 5g daily with carbs. Also, there is no need to cycle.
    Leukemia survivor

Stay strong and enjoy life. That is something everyone should do. -- rockhard1

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by doogieh
    Loading creatine is optional. You can just take 5g daily with carbs. Also, there is no need to cycle.
    Bizump

addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) addiction543 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    funny i saw this thread because i was considering taking creatine

timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timberw0lf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow great post. i have read so many creatine threads, i can surely say urs is the best one.
    -Sexually attracted to iron.

-Protien, a bodybuilders best friend.

Originally Posted by doogieh
    if your not gonna load, i suggest 10g in the morning and after workout. take it with dextrose too, really spikes the insulin, helps get it in the blood quick.
    Sanj

bump, any new readers.
    Sanj

omega23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow..ive looked at all your threads, and this is by far the best !

ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShadowBlaze has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ya I think its the best ive read and it's not 3 pages long.
    Easy reading

yea, i keep my stuff short, so people will actually read it.
    Sanj

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Plagerism is not allowed at this forum.

http://www.nutrasanus.com/creatine.html

Stop taking credit for this stuff.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

Originally Posted by Squats
    Plagerism is not allowed at this forum.

http://www.nutrasanus.com/creatine.html

Stop taking credit for this stuff.
    Hmm nice find.. never really thought he would rip :\.. owned..