My first fig comp 10-2! trish123's Avatar
    trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

db chest press and shoulder pain

I've been wondering if I'm doing something wrong with my db chest press. I've been taking it easy on my right shoulder because the supraspinatus (sp? - rotator cuff tendon) is torn. But on the left I was working it two days ago with an incline and flat bench press (db weights around 20-25 lbs, reps around 8-10) and it's sore again.

Not "sore" in the muscle fatigue sense but sore in the functionality-of-the-shoulder sense in that if I try to lift the elbow from by my side outwards, it doesn't want to move and is sort of painful.

If anyone has tips for form or experienced something similar I'm all ears.
    ====================================
    It's lunchtime at corporate America.... Get off your as* and lift!

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Are you saying the left side is having issues now (not related to the torn tendon on the right side)? Are you working both sides evenly or just the left side now? It's possible that not being evenly balanced is making your left side have to stabalize in ways it's not accustomed to...so it may pass. But I personally wouldn't work one side if I couldn't work the other.

If something is wrong, I have issues that sound similar to yours from time to time with my right shoulder. I think part of it probably has to do with my scoliosis and the other has to do with old swimming overuse injuries. I've tried going light but the extra reps seem to irritate it more than going heavy and getting it over with. When it gets out of hand, most of the time, my chiro can fix it, but I have had to take a few weeks off upper body (even working arms) to let things completely heal before. Kinda a bummer, but in the long run, taking 2-4 weeks off and coming back completely healed is better for you than having crappy workouts for several months and hitting that point where you have to take an additional 2-4 weeks off anyway. I learned that the hard way.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have impingement syndrome in my right shoulder and plain old tendonitis in my left shoulder blade. Both occasionally have "spoken" while doing those same exercises. See if you are going down too low on the flat presses, or maybe shorten the rom so you don't bring the db's down as low as you normally would. Same with the inclines. I also have to watch this on my flat and incline flys.

I also found this today. Kind of interesting.
    http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459823

My first fig comp 10-2! trish123's Avatar
    trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trish123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks guys. Amanda76 get outta here, I have scoliosis too (which I forgot about until the chiro told me at my first visit last year) so maybe that's a factor. And since the right shoulder is out I am doing left only at this time. I tell my husband that my left arm is getting huge and I'm going to have huge pipes on that side only. Somehow he doesn't find the humor in it : P
    It's lunchtime at corporate America.... Get off your as* and lift!