cbboating_7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question lifting heavy weights

I am on a weight gain program in gym. I was hoping if you could tell me that lifting heavier weights WITH LOWER REPS is more effective than lifting less heavier weight and doing more sets in a weight gain program?

thanx!
    peace!
    do you have a friendster account???

invite me...

e-mail: freezy_menthol@yahoo.com or gymrats2002@yahoo.com

no sweat!!!

VicCYH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Answer

A weight-gain problem is "kinda" unrelated to which weight you lift.

The weight you lift only implies:

Heavy weight=mass gain

Light weight with high reps = definition gain.

Vic
    Vic
    MSN: viccisinthehouse@hotmail.com
    Yahoo ID: bd0911

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    unexperienced person should probably go with higher reps less weight for a couple months or more to get use to the movements and then eventually after the years go by, go lower and lower

BigLiTTlEJohn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no use high reps for the first month then you'd be safe to hit the big wieghts 6-8 reps
    the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exsist
    --------------------------------------------
    If your giong to lift like a man eat like a man -Br
    ---------------------------------------------
    I came i saw i was humbl'ed

fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100) fitnessdear is not very well liked. (-100)
    Lifting heavy weights can be a great way to build strength and muscle. When weightlifting, it's important to focus on proper form and safety for the best results. Here are a few tips:
    1. Start with lighter weights, so that you can get used to the movements and ensure your form is correct.
    2. Once you feel comfortable with the movement, gradually increase the weight. This will help you build strength without risking injury or compromising your form.
    3. Take breaks between sets and rest days between lifting days – this will give your muscles time to recover from heavy lifting sessions and promote balanced growth over time.
    4. Make sure to warm up before lifting and stretch after lifting to further avoid injury and maximize your gains in muscle size and strength.

PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100) PercivalKenzie is not very well liked. (-100)
    Agree.

paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100) paulwatkins is not very well liked. (-100)
    Great post.. very helpful

BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100) BasilBBB is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by VicCYH View Post
    A weight-gain problem is "kinda" unrelated to which weight you lift.

The weight you lift only implies:

Heavy weight=mass gain

Light weight with high reps = definition gain.

Vic
    No. Definition is completly unrelated to how you lift thats ur bodyfat %, as an example; the only reason strongmen look fat is because they don't care how they look, they only lift to be strong. Muscle is muscle if ur lean you will have definition and if you're not you won't.

archiebrownlow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cbboating_7 View Post
    I am on a weight gain program in gym. I was hoping if you could tell me that lifting heavier weights WITH LOWER REPS is more effective than lifting less heavier weight and doing more sets in a weight gain program?

thanx!
    peace!
    Your gonna gain more mass and less strength with higher reps and lower weight and more strength with less mass with lower reps higher weight, I used higher reps and lower weights when I started so i could practice form and I felt that going too heavy and low rep was too risky for me when I first started.