onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

GNC in financial trouble?

Is it me, or does anyone else think so? They practically give away stuff, with the sales and the gold card. Seriously, I've walked out with probably $60 worth of stuff for $20 or less. To me that says that they are in serious financial trouble and will do anything to get customers in.

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cowboyathlete is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by onebratt08
    Is it me, or does anyone else think so? They practically give away stuff, with the sales and the gold card. Seriously, I've walked out with probably $60 worth of stuff for $20 or less. To me that says that they are in serious financial trouble and will do anything to get customers in.
    If they really are in financial trouble, all I can say is......THANK YOU GOD!!! LOL
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.

jessedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could be. I don't know for sure. Maybe they're actually doing really well and giving away such good deals because they want to keep customers coming in and because they can afford to.

It's Supposed to Hurt! Thuirwyne's Avatar
    Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000)
    GNC/GNI was sold by its US owners to the Dutch in 2002 who started the reductions. They then sold to the French in 2003 who have/are making even more cuts.

So it's a combination of financial rearranging and being more competitive.

onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onebratt08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by Thuirwyne
    GNC/GNI was sold by its US owners to the Dutch in 2002 who started the reductions. They then sold to the French in 2003 who have/are making even more cuts.

So it's a combination of financial rearranging and being more competitive.
    Oh, well heck, I'm not buying from them anymore! (that's Patriotic sarcasm)

Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Let me put it this way; I used to work for them for a few years at corporate and I didn't even shop at the stores because of the pricing! When I went on vacation in June, there were no other healthfood stores, so I stopped in and prices weren't too bad. Now I'm thinking of stopping in again to check things out.

I'm also hoping the sales folks are a little more knowledgable?

fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitness4fun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, keep in mind how GNC has to compete with on-line orders. On-line buying is so much cheaper, that GNC is trying everything they can to get the consumer into the store. I think that is being a smart business.

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    after shipping and minimum order requirements is online really cheaper?
    Goal- From 211- 155 (56 lbs) by July

I guess it depends; when I lived in PGH I was lucky enough to work/live close to two online dealers and could just go knock on the door and not pay shipping plus a nice little discount for stopping in!

The thing is that usually the online sites don't have nearly as much overhead as a retail store, so things should always be much cheaper, especially the overall price of the product. If you're only saving like $10, though, no, something's wrong!
    Food Aggressive

No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) No-Whey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

is GNC really in finacial trouble? i would say no. most of the supplements they sale they make over 50% on not including there own brand. so i wouldnt think there even close to bankrupcey.

NW
    height- 5'10"
    weight-196
    as of december 23,2005

lean mass- 160 pounds.
    lean fat- 36 pounds.
    lost 22 pounds in the last 6 weeks.
    cutting for wrestling, going to wrestle 189

Starting weight--218
    as of november 2

stats: arms:14'' cold, legs 24" cold, calves 17'' cold, waist 34", neck 16 1/2", chest 40".

Wink

They will be bankrupt if they don't train their staff to give proper refund amounts!

kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kiltwearingwop has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can say that I used to HATE GNC, but they are really making a change, their prices are high so they can bring them down, but I get a gold card discount all month and because of the way I'm treated there I don't mind paying a little more for a Product. The ONE positive thing about going to GNC vs. the internet, you can return a product if it is open, for any reason. that is worth paying a little more. I used to shop alot on the net, not counting BB.com most supplement companys are freak'n jerks!
    People are impressed with the ants, but they would rather watch the elephants play!

What's under my kilt??...your girlfriends lipstick!

Kilts..men fear them...women love them....

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kiltwearingwop
    I can say that I used to HATE GNC, but they are really making a change, their prices are high so they can bring them down, but I get a gold card discount all month and because of the way I'm treated there I don't mind paying a little more for a Product. The ONE positive thing about going to GNC vs. the internet, you can return a product if it is open, for any reason. that is worth paying a little more. I used to shop alot on the net, not counting BB.com most supplement companys are freak'n jerks!

Hmmm....I never knew you can return open items there. That's good to know. I find their prices outrageous. I only use their vitamis which are awesome. I refuse to pay for a Gold Card to get a discount. We live in the Chicago area and have lots of supplement stores to pick from. One in particular is cheaper then the internet and I get a 15% discount plus I can also return any opened item. I would not be surprised if GNC goes out of business...I was actually thinking how they can stay in business with so much competition but they have a number of very loyal customers.

Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Talking

I worked as a Store Manager for GNC for 2.5 years and 2 years for Vitamin World also. I can tell you if you can find a Vitamin World near you shop there. There discount card is free, and you get 50% the products the frst Mon, Tues of each month. The also match ALL COMPETITORS prices including internet. Take the printout they match it, with shipping added of course. NBTY the parent company of Vitamin World had an offer to buyout GNC on August 7th it fell through, and the Vitamin World Fired 21 District Managers and 4 Regional Managers. This is why i left them on August 20th. My District Manager got fired VIA the telephone when she was doing a stroe visit in my store. They had began promoting DM's and RM's for the acquasiton of GNC before it fell through. When it did fall through they still had all those extra people on payroll so they had to let some go. All this being said there prices are still a LOT lower than GNC.
    Jason Akers
    2004 Greater Knox classic- 6th out out 14 Novice
    2005 Greater Knox classic- Jr. Light 4th, Knox-Lightweight 3rd
    2007 Battle at the River OPEN Welterweight 1st Place
    2008 Battle at the River OPEN Light-heavy 5th place
    2008 Knox Classic Middle-Weight 1st and OVERALL!!
    NATIONALLY QUALIFIED!

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Akers1021
    I worked as a Store Manager for GNC for 2.5 years and 2 years for Vitamin World also. I can tell you if you can find a Vitamin World near you shop there. There discount card is free, and you get 50% the products the frst Mon, Tues of each month. The also match ALL COMPETITORS prices including internet. Take the printout they match it, with shipping added of course. .
    Thanks for that tip. There's a Vitamin World that just opened up by us. I went in there once and noticed that they have a pretty good selection too.

cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50) cardioking will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mommy*2*3
    Hmmm....I never knew you can return open items there. That's good to know. I find their prices outrageous. I only use their vitamis which are awesome. I refuse to pay for a Gold Card to get a discount. We live in the Chicago area and have lots of supplement stores to pick from. One in particular is cheaper then the internet and I get a 15% discount plus I can also return any opened item. I would not be surprised if GNC goes out of business...I was actually thinking how they can stay in business with so much competition but they have a number of very loyal customers.

I can tell you one thing about those vitamins. You know how your pee is bright yellow? That is the vitamins going right through your body. I like GNC for its supply of AMINO VITAL. However, I go to a local pharmacy and get a 1000ct bottle for $10. Your pee is not bright yellow so you know the vitamin is absorbing properly. Ask the Pharmacist if they can order you a 1000ct bottle of Marlex brand- One a day vitamins. They are Eneteric Coated so no chalky taste.
    Goal- From 211- 155 (56 lbs) by July

Originally Posted by cardioking
    I can tell you one thing about those vitamins. You know how your pee is bright yellow? That is the vitamins going right through your body. I like GNC for its supply of AMINO VITAL. However, I go to a local pharmacy and get a 1000ct bottle for $10. Your pee is not bright yellow so you know the vitamin is absorbing properly. Ask the Pharmacist if they can order you a 1000ct bottle of Marlex brand- One a day vitamins. They are Eneteric Coated so no chalky taste.
    Thanks for the tip but I've been using those Vitamins for a few years now and since I started...I never get sick but I'll look into those Marlex ones.

I have been meaning to test my Women's Ultra Mega for solubility. I keep thinking as cheap as GNC is, they might be selling me crap.

Any recommendations for a good quality but comparably priced women's multi - preferably with Iron (because I don't eat red meat) and Chromium, because I have trouble controlling my blood sugar (Hypoglycemia)?

T-ri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T-ri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T-ri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T-ri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T-ri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T-ri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My boyfriend and I went in to GNC the other day and raked in! On top of the monthly gold card discount, they have been throwing discount coupons in our local rag as well, which has been extra beneficial since we both ingest copious amounts of product throughout the month. Rearranging, financial trouble, whatnot....we're taking advantage of it They have a great "on sale" rack too with protein drinks as low as .65!! Bonus.

Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Akers1021 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    T-Ri check the exp. date on those Protein drinks i GARUNTEE they expire in less than a month. It is against Retail Supplements stores (VIA FDA) to sell anything close to exp. date that is normal we would always markdown the items that are close to exp. Go through your local GNC and check itmes for this. If it a food item a bar, drink at the 2 week mark they go to 75% off the retail.

Onebratt do some research on ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid) and Cinnamon extract for your Hypo. problems those 2 work wonders. ALA is kinda pricey though...
    Jason Akers
    2004 Greater Knox classic- 6th out out 14 Novice
    2005 Greater Knox classic- Jr. Light 4th, Knox-Lightweight 3rd
    2007 Battle at the River OPEN Welterweight 1st Place
    2008 Battle at the River OPEN Light-heavy 5th place
    2008 Knox Classic Middle-Weight 1st and OVERALL!!
    NATIONALLY QUALIFIED!

Thanks for the tip! I will look into it. Expensive or not, trying to control hypo is sometimes a pain in the butt! I need all the help I can get (from supplements)

What doesn't make sense to me is that everything I have read about Hypo indicates that it will be difficult for a person (with hypo) to lose weight or stay skinny. I've never had a weight issue. Sounds like I should gain easily but I don't.
    Last edited by onebratt08; 08-29-2005 at 12:51 PM.

Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by onebratt08
    Oh, well heck, I'm not buying from them anymore! (that's Patriotic sarcasm)
    lol You say that in a joking manner, but once my husband finds this out... I can bet you anything we've bought from GNC will soon be thrown away and his gold card will be shredded.

He even has a "Boycott France" bumper sticker.
    Jonathan Alexander was born 8-11-08
    8-11-08: 5lbs 12oz, 19 inches long
    8-13-08: 5lbs 6oz
    8-25-08: 7lbs, 19.5 inches long
    10-14-08: 11lbs 12oz, 21.75 in. long