Gangster of Timepieces RedSoxfan1978's Avatar
    RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Didnt Dorian Yates start the "mass" craze?

I had a disagreement with someone today. They said Ronnie started it. I told them to get a hint about bodybuilding. I believe Dorian started the mass race as we have it today, back in the mid 90's. Am I wrong?
    "Johan tells me that your luggage, is the luggage of the poor."

"The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation." - Col. Jeff Cooper USMC Ret.

Registered User Contract Killer's Avatar
    Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000)
    It was actually Arnold and Lou. But I guess we could throw Dorian, Haney, Jim Quinn, Nasser in there.

Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Berserkersdmf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lou,Arnold,Haney,etc were all big,but Dorian packed on alot of mass.I think once everyone saw that you could step on stage looking that big,and still be shredded,the bar was raised quite a bit.

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dorian's training was also significantly different (highly intense and low reps, not exactly hit tho). i read somewhere that training styles have an impact on the look of a physique (ronnie lifts hard and heavy and looks that way, flex wheeler and kevin levrone had a more "easy going" approach, not that their training wasnt intense). Dorian, in my book, was the first to really have gargantuan thickness, the width was there, but the thickness (especially in the back) was really his thing imho. the only thing ronnie really started was training with insanely heavy weights, he has surpassed yates in the mass category, but he did not start originate that sort of look.

GWAR129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWAR129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWAR129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWAR129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWAR129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWAR129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWAR129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GWAR129 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Berserkersdmf
    Lou,Arnold,Haney,etc were all big,but Dorian packed on alot of mass.I think once everyone saw that you could step on stage looking that big,and still be shredded,the bar was raised quite a bit.

I agree dude, arnold was big but compared to yates he was alot smaller and his back and legs were very small. Dorian is one of my favorites becuase of his insane awesome mass. I beleive that he was alot of the reason bodybuilding is what it is today. He was a great bodybuilder.

later.
    R.I.P. QUADZILLA!!!

The pump is as satisfying to me as cumming- Arnold Shwarzennegger

I wanna be ****en huge.

Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Testosterone97 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Talking

Id say dorian started it. Arnold was more of a lean bodybuilder. Id say Lou was the first mass monster at 6'5. Is there anyone taller than him thats a pro? I dont think there is. I was always a fan of the taller guys and i was surprised when seeing that almost all the big time bodybuilders were under 6 feet tall.

keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50) keepshruggin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yates first won the O in '92, and was ripped and lean; it was in '93 that he shocked everyone with a huge gain in mass. He almost looked bloated, except for the fact that every muscle was striated and vascular.

Unfortunately, he damaged his bicep after that and IMO was never as good again. Still, a great bodybuilder.

TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheDiesel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Arnold brought the size factor to bodybuilding. But most will agree that Dorian Yates brought on the Modern Age of Bodybuilding. Modern Age meaning that size is the biggest thing which is judged, and top level competitors are weighing in at nearly 300 pounds when they are under 6'0.

USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) USMuscle9403 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yes, you could say that Dorian was the first 'mass monster'. He had a large waist and a blocky physique but I still consider him the best of all time.

Registered User Contract Killer's Avatar
    Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000) Contract Killer is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

Originally Posted by keepshruggin
    He almost looked bloated, except for the fact that every muscle was striated and vascular.
    I think he was the first one to use the art of "pancreatic boosts" and "glycogen management."