Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

From drug addict to bodybuilder

Hey everyone and welcome to my training log.

First let me give you a little intorduction to the person i was and the person i am now and finally the person i want to become.

Ive been a member of these boards for over two years now and i am now 18 years old. When i first joined the forum i was one of the top basketball players (prep) in california as a junior. I used the info i gained from these boards to cycle my strength training program around the season to put myself at peak performance during those winter months. My junior year basically went to hell when i practically shattered my right ankle and started using pain pills and smoking weed in very extreme excess. I was taking 30 norcos at a time (stronger than vicodin ES) 10 somas, and smoking a quarter ounce of weed a day. Once i recovered from my injury i had no desire to play the sport i once loved and dedicated myself to. I turned to cocaine at the end of my junior year and in no time was snorting 2 balls a day about 500$ a day and continuing my use of weed and pain pills. I went from a very healthy 185 lbs to a very scrawny 150 lbs in 4 months and wound up in drug rehab last october after my senior year in high school started.

Once out of rehab i vowed to never take drugs again seeing that they had almost destroyed me and practically swallowed the person i used to be whole. I worked hard to graduate from high school while working full time. My family was proud of me for graduating when i was supposed to.

I have recently started college and took three courses over summer and received 2 A's and 1 B. Now going into my fall session i want to get back into lifting and doing cardiovascular activity again to acheive fitness goals while i acheive my academic goals. I will begin posting my workouts and my goals in my next post. Again thank you for reading and any questions, comments, critisism is welcome and will be responded to as i will check up on this thread several times a day.
    Making my comeback

check out my drug addict to bodybuilder thread in the workout journal section.

Height: 6'
    Weight: 175 lbs
    bodyfat: 13-15% more than i want

rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rainingphenom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Goals

Month 1 lose 4 pounds of bodyfat and gain 5-6 pounds of lean mass

Month 4 weigh 190 lbs at 8 % bodyfat best shape of my life

Let me kno if u think these are realistic goals to set for myself and if u have any recommendations for me.
    Making my comeback

Day 1 8-16-05

i started lifting 3 days ago and here was my first workout

Chest and Triceps:
    2 warmup sets of bench press
    3 working sets at 8 reps bench press

3 sets x 8 reps incline press

3 sets x 8 reps tricep pushdowns

3 sets x 8 reps pec fly

3 sets x 8 reps cali presses

Played an hour of basketball too very slugishly been a very long time
    My lifts are so week it is discouraging but i know to stick to it cause in a few weeks i will be moving up weight like crazy
    Making my comeback

My Custom User Title waitlifter82's Avatar
    waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000) waitlifter82 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rainingphenom
    Month 1 lose 4 pounds of bodyfat and gain 5-6 pounds of lean mass

Month 4 weigh 190 lbs at 8 % bodyfat best shape of my life

Let me kno if u think these are realistic goals to set for myself and if u have any recommendations for me.
    This will probobly depend on mostly diet. I think it's realistic.... muscle memory is such an awesome thing.

What's your routine look like? Don't be shy posting numbers

BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by waitlifter82
    This will probobly depend on mostly diet. I think it's realistic.... muscle memory is such an awesome thing.

What's your routine look like? Don't be shy posting numbers
    Yep, we're not going to judge you according to strength, well waitlifter might, goo luck
    Jiznournal:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=6354726#post6354726[/url]

Hell of a movie:
    [url]http://www.grouchymedia.com/other_videos/infantry/download.cfm[/url]

"That's a life you can hang your hat on."

Do you want it bad enough cleanbulker33's Avatar
    cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cleanbulker33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

CONGRATULATIONS on graduating bro and getting OUT of the drug life. There are many bros on this board that turned from drugs to lifting and have created an INSPIRING physique for themselves because they stayed DEDICATED and AWAY from the drugs. Hope to see some GREAT progress over the next few months!!!!!
    If you puke, then grab a spoon little man, cause those are calories in the toilet!!!!!

Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glyder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, grats on making such a life change! Like Wait said, throw up your numbers. We wont care if they are low/high pink dumbell pinky in the air tricep kickback weights

All kidding aside it looks like you got things under control, and are looking very positive.

Good luck with your goals. Oh, post your split, or what you plan on doing so we can look it over.
    Positive Attitude
    "Lets get serious. Lets get ugly. Beat the logbook" - Gollum

"and you ask if you need to step up the intensity, a true DC trainee wouldn't need to ask himself that question, he would already be training with full intensity, this isn't a program for "a pretty high intensity", it's for a kick in the balls intensity where you always try to get that extra rep" - Equill

Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1322041

PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PlasticsMD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    drug addict to bodybuilder....is there a difference?
    Just do it.

BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BRADP3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PlasticsMD
    Yeah, go **** yourself
    Jiznournal:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=6354726#post6354726[/url]

Hell of a movie:
    [url]http://www.grouchymedia.com/other_videos/infantry/download.cfm[/url]

"That's a life you can hang your hat on."

maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100) maffie is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by PlasticsMD
    WTF, this can certainly ruin someone's day.

paulocuento has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Godbless dude

Originally Posted by rainingphenom View Post
    Hey everyone and welcome to my training log.

First let me give you a little intorduction to the person i was and the person i am now and finally the person i want to become.

Ive been a member of these boards for over two years now and i am now 18 years old. When i first joined the forum i was one of the top basketball players (prep) in california as a junior. I used the info i gained from these boards to cycle my strength training program around the season to put myself at peak performance during those winter months. My junior year basically went to hell when i practically shattered my right ankle and started using pain pills and smoking weed in very extreme excess. I was taking 30 norcos at a time (stronger than vicodin ES) 10 somas, and smoking a quarter ounce of weed a day. Once i recovered from my injury i had no desire to play the sport i once loved and dedicated myself to. I turned to cocaine at the end of my junior year and in no time was snorting 2 balls a day about 500$ a day and continuing my use of weed and pain pills. I went from a very healthy 185 lbs to a very scrawny 150 lbs in 4 months and wound up in drug rehab last october after my senior year in high school started.

Once out of rehab i vowed to never take drugs again seeing that they had almost destroyed me and practically swallowed the person i used to be whole. I worked hard to graduate from high school while working full time. My family was proud of me for graduating when i was supposed to.

I have recently started college and took three courses over summer and received 2 A's and 1 B. Now going into my fall session i want to get back into lifting and doing cardiovascular activity again to acheive fitness goals while i acheive my academic goals. I will begin posting my workouts and my goals in my next post. Again thank you for reading and any questions, comments, critisism is welcome and will be responded to as i will check up on this thread several times a day.

it seems you've become a whole lot stronger now.. you have become mentally focused and you seem to be open to criticisms... thats a nice thing, because jerks will always be around talking sh*t about you... instead of giving motivation, they would be happier to pull you down... just ignore them...

i also injured myself a couple of times and had to stay away from basketball.. the sport which i dearly loved back then... it took me a couple of years before i got totally healed, and was never able to play for our school team.... at that time, i hated basketball, and hated even myself for being in that situation.. i cant elaborate it much further, but i got depressed.

but as the old saying goes, time heals all wounds....yeah it took me a couple of years more to even have the "interest" in holding a basketball; let alone trying to shoot again... its a magical feeling playing again, its like telling myslef i have finally moved on...

though it hurts sometimes remembering i had to quit back then. it was a big life lesson for me.. it did make me mentally stronger... hey, i may not be playing in a league now, but basketball sure is fun right? goodluck on your training..... bodybuilding helped me get myself together... so im pretty sure your on the right track....your still young, try playing basketball again, who knows, you might be able to get back on the league...

if you would ask my advice on the next thing you should do.... try going to a professional trainer, so they can help you gain your goals faster.... remember you came from a big injury... trainers can help you get your goals in the FASTEST, SAFEST way possible....it might be expensive but you will not regret it.... you are young bro, dont waste your time... you might still be able to play again for the varsity team..