Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Star9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cooking Sweet Potatoes?

I would like to know if anyone could make some suggestions for various ways to prepare sweet potatoes? I recently took a liking to them (odd, I never liked them before a month ago) and just found out that they are a good complex carbohydrate. I got some at the grocery store the other day and I boiled one today, peeled it and ate it. It was good, but I would just like to know a variety of ways to cook them. Thanks!

-Star

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ummm. put them in the water and boil them? seriously, you can get organic potatoes and eat the peels - they're full of vitamins. other good way is cut them in half and put them in the oven with herbs and garlic. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hi there

you can cut them up like fries, and spray a pan with pam, sprinkle some lemon pepper on it...and bake them there good , taste like a cheat

this is a custom title ellipticer's Avatar
    ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I cut them into 1/4-inch thickness rounds so they are like thick potato chips. Coat them with a little olive oil, salt, pepper.. and bake in a scorching hot oven, like 420 deg, for about half an hour. Some of them will get nice and crispy.. delicious.

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like the french fry method mentioned above, and I also like to bake them and sprinkle them with a little butter substitute like Butter Buds.

SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SprinterJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK, this is a little intensive for the first time but it is soooo worth it if you like spicy food.

Cut up a sweet potato in about 1-inch thickness rounds. Put them one layer deep in a non-stick skillet with 1 T. olive oil and 1/4 cup (you may need more) water. Sprinkle top with your favorite seasonings. I use a blackened chicken rub that has cayenne, black and white pepper, salt, oregano, thyme, and a few other things...Cover and boil until tender, toughly 6 minutes. Like I said you may need to add a little more water if it all boils off before they are soft.

Once tender take off the lid. Flip over and sprinkle other side with seasoning. Then you pan fry them until nicely browned on each side. All the water has to evaporate before they start frying. I usually cook them on Medium high heat, and it takes another 5 minutes or so to get them browned/blackened. Evryone I have made them for LOVES them....

Oh, I think I stole this from someone else on this site, if so sorry and thanks for the recipe.

The other way I eat them is to cook them in the microwave (because it is easy) and sprinkle splenda and cinnamon on them.

jessedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is also another thread called sweet potatoes that has recipes. Its in nutrition on the third page.

NASM-CPT, ISSA-CFT, RM/T Pandora's Avatar
    Pandora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pandora has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Microwave the sweet potato for about a minute to soften it some. Cut into thin slices. Spray a baking sheet with PAM. Lay slices on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder, onion pwder, chili powder, and black pepper. Spray a little PAM across the top of the slices. Bake at 450° until getting crispy. Then flip over and cook some more. They taste like spicy potato chips, but chewy and crispy. YUM!! Sometimes I put them under the broiler at the end..
    Shaktifitness.com
    Online Personal Training, Nutrition, and Natural Health.

Come Visit the Board! http://s10.invisionfree.com/Yo_Adrienne/index.php?act=idx

4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4amWorkouts has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Run a metal skewer through one lengthwise, wrap in foil, and bake in the oven until mushey. When done, cut in half and add a little butter and honey...
    The internet is equalled only by public education and network news in its ability to spread disinformation at an alarming rate...