Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Fitness and Figure Posing Guide

Hey Everyone,

We get a lot of questions about proper posing, so I have created this Fitness and Figure Posing Guide for any of the ladies interested in competing in Fitness or Figure.

This guide is mainly aimed at NPC / IFBB competition, but the basic concepts will apply to almost any organization.

It's always a good idea to go see a show put on by the organization that you plan to compete in, so you can see if they do anything different or unexpected.

Being prepared is one of the keys to success on stage!

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail Kendra or me and we will be happy to help you.

Here is a link to the guide:

http://michaelandkendra.com/Kendra/PosingGuide.htm

- EME

www.KendraElias.com

www.MichaelElias.com
    Free BMR and Calorie Need Calculator
    http://www.physiquefx.com/bmr-calculators/

IFPA and NGA Figure Pro Nicole Weeks's Avatar
    Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for posting this. It should be really helpful for NPC competitors, and most other organization's competitors can get a lot out of that.

I do figure coaching and those poses are definitely harder than you think!

-Nicole
    www.nicoleweeks.com

Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is a great site...thank you!

IronKitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronKitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronKitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronKitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Stasha
    This is a great site...thank you!
    Yes!
    This was very helpful.
    Thank you,
    *Kelly
    OBSESSION is a word lazy people use to describe DEDICATION

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=839144

IronKitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronKitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronKitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IronKitty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nicole Weeks
    Thank you for posting this. It should be really helpful for NPC competitors, and most other organization's competitors can get a lot out of that.

I do figure coaching and those poses are definitely harder than you think!

-Nicole
    www.nicoleweeks.com

Nicole,
    You look amazing! I want your look half as good as you, but I have a looooong way to go!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    *Kelly
    OBSESSION is a word lazy people use to describe DEDICATION

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=839144

juliel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kendra is amazing! Thank you for the info on posing! I also wanted to let women prepping for Fitness or Figure to know that I have released a Posing DVD. This DVD takes you step-by-step through mandatory poses, relaxed poses and presentation. It also gives you live show footage so that you know what to expect at the show itself. If you have any questions or would like more information, please visit: http://www.julielohre.com/shop.html

Thanks & Good Luck!
    Julie Lohre
    IFBB Fitness Pro

teebean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Thanks!

Awesome sight! for my first competition, I worked with Janet Marsico, doing private sessions... FOr figure girls who are interested, check out her website... Thefigureworkshop.com She is amazing, and a pro herself. I just competed in my first competition on 9-16-2006 Long Island Experience against 10 girls and came in second. Janet Rocks! Most girls who look amazing but can't pose, will lose points. Janet is very meticulous with posing and kjnows what the judges are looking for, since she is also a judge... INBF organization.
    Tinamarie Guaglianone
    www.fitgreengoddess.blogspot.com

Hi Juli!

Originally Posted by juliel
    Kendra is amazing! Thank you for the info on posing! I also wanted to let women prepping for Fitness or Figure to know that I have released a Posing DVD. This DVD takes you step-by-step through mandatory poses, relaxed poses and presentation. It also gives you live show footage so that you know what to expect at the show itself. If you have any questions or would like more information, please visit: http://www.julielohre.com/shop.html

Thanks & Good Luck!
    Julie Lohre
    IFBB Fitness Pro
    I wish I lived close to you, I would definitely take your work shops!!!!!!!!! I spoke with RIta from Berevrly International, and told her you are my role model...I apsire to some day get on that stage and look like you!
    Tinamarie Guaglianone
    www.fitgreengoddess.blogspot.com

Tracey Hillard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome guide I will have to try some of this stuff when im ready

juliel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you! Competing is my passion and I love being able to share that with others. Good luck with your contest prep and please let me know if you need anything.

Thanks & God Bless!
    Julie Lohre

www.JulieLohre.com

EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EME is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Julie!

Good to see you over here.

Can't wait to see you and Kendra together in Flex next month!!!

We'll have to get you both together on the next DVD. That would be lots of fun.

Take care, and please tell R. we said Hi!

- EME

Originally Posted by juliel
    Thank you! Competing is my passion and I love being able to share that with others. Good luck with your contest prep and please let me know if you need anything.

Thanks & God Bless!
    Julie Lohre

www.JulieLohre.com
    Free BMR and Calorie Need Calculator
    http://www.physiquefx.com/bmr-calculators/

jillyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HI,
    I am new to the website and interested in competing in a figure/model competition. I just moved back to NY(westchester) from Scottsdale, AZ. In AZ, I was working with a trainer who competes and trains girls for the Fame Figure competitions and several others. Unfortunately, she is there and I am in Ny. If anyone has any recommendations for trainers in Westchester, I am in Briarcliff. My hope is to compete in May, so I really have my work cut out for me. I need someone who will train me and work on my diet. Any help anyone can give me would be helpful.

Thanks

Jilly!
    I too moved back from Scottsdale! I am a trainer, who also competes.... I live in Harrison!

teebean

Hi,
    I would love to talk with you. I was planning on my first competition to be in San Diego with my trainer from AZ, but I would be interested in knowing which competition you will be competing in . Where did you live in Scottsdale? How are you finding being back in NY? We are going back to Scottsdale over Christmas.

Would you be interested in training me? Let me know.

Thanks,
    Jillyg

Talking

Originally Posted by jillyg View Post
    Hi,
    I would love to talk with you. I was planning on my first competition to be in San Diego with my trainer from AZ, but I would be interested in knowing which competition you will be competing in . Where did you live in Scottsdale? How are you finding being back in NY? We are going back to Scottsdale over Christmas.

Would you be interested in training me? Let me know.

Thanks,
    Jillyg
    I will be competing in March. I am a part of the INBF organization.... All Natural. I lived on Shea and 77th... WOrked at MountainSide Fitness CLubs (Platinum Club).... I love Scottsdale so much. My fiance didn't LOVE it so we moved back... I miss it and all of my wonderful friends there!!!! I know so many trainers who could train you when you go back, I can put you in touch with the best!
    DO you have any pics? Did you see mine? Maybe we can work together, I do have a tight schedule. WHere do you belong right now? I go to Equinox in Mamaroneck.
    Hope to hear from you soon!

Tina

teebean

Hi,
    I looked at your pictures. You look great. Do you have before pictures. I have my work cut out for me if I want to compete in May, I am nowhere near your level of fitness. Currently, I belong to Club Fit in Briarcliff and have found a trainer who has competed in the past, but not in the figure category. She seems to be pretty knowledgeable about competing and where I need to be to compete.

Anyway, we lived at Desert Mountain in North Scottsdale. I definitely miss that easy way of life , not to mention the weather.

Was there a specific diet you followed or are following? I start tomorrow with my new trainer and will take pictures, don't have any yet.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Jill

diadem1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Czech competitress

Hi, this is Czech competitress www.niki.ronnie.cz

Surfer Girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Help

I am new to all this and would like to start competing. I need help with possing can you hook me up with someone in the San Diego Area

thanks sarah

Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Nicole Weeks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a couple clients in southern California and I've just been waiting to get a couple more girls interested in order to fly out there to do a figure workshop. Write me if you are interested!!!

nicole@nicoleweeks.com

-Nicole

http://www.nicoleweeks.com
    Nicole Weeks
    DFAC, IFPA, NGA, USBF Pro Figure Champion
    former WNBF Figure Pro, NPC National Level
    Competition Training, Diet, & Figure Coach
    www.nicoleweeks.com
    Promoter DFAC Southeast Natural
    www.southeastnatural.com

bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bbcom_developer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This thread is currently being featured on the Bodybuilders.com main page:

http://www.bodybuilders.com/

(Scroll down to the "Community" section.) Kudos! =)
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

╔╗╔═╦╗
    ║╚╣║║╚╗
    ╚═╩═╩═╝

Online figure coaching has been going well though. It really got tested when I had two clients compete last month and they both placed top 3. I can not take credit for their hard work because I just help organize their routine and guide them, guide and direct them in figure posing, suit, shoes, etc. It's up to them to do the hard work in the gym, create their own intensity, and stick to the nutrition program. I hold them accountable by making sure they email me progress photos every month, and calling them on the phone early Saturday morning, "GET UP AND GO DO YOUR CARDIO!" But they have to actually get up and go do it.

With the monthly online coaching the figure posing is more personalized since everyone has individual physiques with different strengths and weaknesses. And different shows and organizations require different standards in posing from NPC to NGA and IFPA to FAME and WNSO. Some are more standardized and some are more open to stylization. So even though there are some common standards to all, each girl has to develop their own style.

But it's a very affordable choice in fitness training. Bodybuilding.com is a big help by having a directory of exercises so if they don't know what a particular exercise is in their program they can go look it up. The BodySpace area is helpful in keeping a log of their progress so I can check in on them. And the same for fitday.com so I can check in on their nutrition to make sure they are adhering to the nutrition program I put them on.

Thanks!
    Nicole

www.nicoleweeks.com
    Last edited by Nicole Weeks; 06-07-2007 at 03:59 AM.
    Nicole Weeks
    www.nicoleweeks.com
    www.southeastnatural.com

danadml has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Figure Coaching

Nicole, you are an amazing resource, and first-class coach! I have made AMAZING changes with your guidance, support and knowledge... I am proof positive YOUR online coaching can work WONDERS!
    Fitness is not about the destination, but the journey you took getting there... Enjoy the Ride!

Pro Fitness Figure Diva Italianangel's Avatar
    Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For Figure posing in general which touches on all feds, with a guide to how to compete in figure etc you may want to check out the free Figure Basics eBook as well, its at lindacusmano.com in the download section. YOu do have to register but its free.
    The book covers posing and most details toward planning, prep, diet, training etc.
    Linda
    Come Visit My Site!
    www.lindacusmano.com
    For all your fitness, fat loss, injury rehab or competition needs!
    Lots of free info, ebooks, pictures, articles for comp prep or just health and fat loss.

morriscm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking ummm question

i'm not looking into competing, but i AM looking for some place that will help explain how to flex what for pics and such. is there a guide for that somewhere, oh and it's for a guy too. thx

Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50) Italianangel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by morriscm View Post
    i'm not looking into competing, but i AM looking for some place that will help explain how to flex what for pics and such. is there a guide for that somewhere, oh and it's for a guy too. thx
    for bodybuilding? or Figure??
    Linda
    Come Visit My Site!
    www.lindacusmano.com
    Lots of free info, ebooks, pictures, articles for comp prep or just health and fat loss.

Originally Posted by Italianangel View Post
    for bodybuilding? or Figure??
    Linda
    honestly i donno. i guess i really meant for pics that u do urself (kinda like the "homemade" pics here on bodyspace). but if i had to take my pic i'd say both, no reason not to have more knowledge. any help would be great, thx.
    Psalms 18:32 - God arms me with strength; he has made my way safe.
    1 Corinthians 1:25 - This "foolish" plan of God is far wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is far stronger than the greatest of human strength. (Great chapter, but I LOVE this verse)

I think I understand your question, so I'll try answering....

There really aren't any learning tools that I've found in my research in regards to print modeling, or modeling for photos. The target groups like us are so small that it isn't worth anyone's time or investment. However, looking at photos and practicing on your own is the best teacher. When you are at competitions watch other competitors in front of the camera backstage, especially those who you already know are photogenic. Practice in front of the mirror at home for your best poses, and practice in front of the camera too. Get feedback from photographers and have a conversation during the shoot so that you learn your best side, best features, etc.

In flexing your photos, if you want to look the most lean and ripped, you literally have to flex everything. Everything is tight, stiff, exagerated arched back, even if you are only flexing your arms you should also tighten your legs to make the overall package look good.

Hope that helps!!!
    Nicole

nicole@nicoleweeks.com
    Nicole Weeks
    www.nicoleweeks.com
    www.southeastnatural.com

Check out my bodyspace, I have a few before pics up with the 6 main poses used for comparison pics.
    Front relax, front double bi, back relax, back double bi, side.
    Linda
    Come Visit My Site!
    www.lindacusmano.com

thx guys...err GIRLS lol, i'll definatly take that advice and run with it. thx again!!
    Psalms 18:32 - God arms me with strength; he has made my way safe.
    1 Corinthians 1:25 - This "foolish" plan of God is far wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God's weakness is far stronger than the greatest of human strength. (Great chapter, but I LOVE this verse)

jatari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nicole Weeks View Post
    I think I understand your question, so I'll try answering....

There really aren't any learning tools that I've found in my research in regards to print modeling, or modeling for photos. The target groups like us are so small that it isn't worth anyone's time or investment. However, looking at photos and practicing on your own is the best teacher. When you are at competitions watch other competitors in front of the camera backstage, especially those who you already know are photogenic. Practice in front of the mirror at home for your best poses, and practice in front of the camera too. Get feedback from photographers and have a conversation during the shoot so that you learn your best side, best features, etc.

In flexing your photos, if you want to look the most lean and ripped, you literally have to flex everything. Everything is tight, stiff, exagerated arched back, even if you are only flexing your arms you should also tighten your legs to make the overall package look good.

Hope that helps!!!
    Nicole

nicole@nicoleweeks.com
    it does, thank you.