Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10)

25 Reasons Why We Should Start Drinking Green Tea

Orginially published at www.jimmysmithtraining.blogspot.com

25 Reasons Why You Should Start Drinking Green Tea Now

You Should Start Drinking Green Tea Right Now:

1. Green Tea and Cancer
    Green tea helps reduce the risk of cancer. The antioxidant in green tea is 100 times more effective than vitamin C and 25 times better than vitamin E. This helps your body at protecting cells from damage believed to be linked to cancer.

2. Green Tea and Heart Disease
    Green tea helps prevent heart disease and stroke by lowering the level of cholesterol. Even after the heart attack, it prevents cell deaths and speeds up the recovery of heart cells.

3. Green Tea and Anti-Aging
    Green tea contains antioxidant known as polyphenols which fight against free radicals. What this means it helps you fight against aging and promotes longevity.

4. Green Tea and Weight Loss
    Green tea helps with your body weight loss. Green tea burns fat and boosts your metabolism rate naturally. It can help you burn up to 70 calories in just one day. That translates to 7 pounds in one year.

5. Green Tea and Skin
    Antioxidant in green tea protects the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals, which cause wrinkling and skin aging. Green tea also helps fight against skin cancer.

6. Green Tea and Arthritis
    Green tea can help prevent and reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis. Green tea has benefit for your health as it protects the cartilage by blocking the enzyme that destroys cartilage.

7. Green Tea and Bones
    The very key to this is high fluoride content found in green tea. It helps keep your bones strong. If you drink green tea every day, this will help you preserve your bone density.

8. Green Tea and Cholesterol
    Green tea can help lower cholesterol level. It also improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol, by reducing bad cholesterol level.

9. Green Tea and Obesity
    Green tea prevents obesity by stopping the movement of glucose in fat cells. If you are on a healthy diet, exercise regularly and drink green tea, it is unlikely you'll be obese.

10. Green Tea and Diabetes
    Green tea improves lipid and glucose metabolisms, prevents sharp increases in blood sugar level, and balances your metabolism rate.

11. Green Tea and Alzheimer's
    Green tea helps boost your memory. And although there's no cure for Alzheimer's, it helps slow the process of reduced acetylcholine in the brain, which leads to Alzheimer's.

12. Green Tea and Parkinson's
    Antioxidants in green tea helps prevent against cell damage in the brain, which could cause Parkinson's. People drinking green tea also are less likely to progress with Parkinson's.

13. Green Tea and Liver Disease
    Green tea helps prevent transplant failure in people with liver failure. Researches showed that green tea destroys harmful free radicals in fatty livers.

14. Green Tea and High Blood Pressure
    Green tea helps prevent high blood pressure. Drinking green tea helps keep your blood pressure down by repressing angiotensin, which leads to high blood pressure.

15. Green Tea and Food Poisoning
    Catechin found in green tea can kill bacteria which causes food poisoning and kills the toxins produced by those bacteria.

16. Green Tea and Blood Sugar
    Blood sugar tends to increase with age, but polyphenols and polysaccharides in green tea help lower your blood sugar level.

17. Green Tea and Immunity
    Polyphenols and flavenoids found in green tea help boost your immune system, making your health stronger in fighting against infections.

18. Green Tea and Cold and Flu
    Green tea prevents you from getting a cold or flu. Vitamin C in green tea helps you treat the flu and the common cold.

19. Green Tea and Asthma
    Theophylline in green tea relaxes the muscles which support the bronchial tubes, reducing the severity of asthma.

20. Green Tea and Ear Infection
    Green tea helps with ear infection problem. For natural ear cleaning, soak a cotton ball in green tea and clean the infected ear.

21. Green Tea and Herpes
    Green tea increases the effectiveness of topical interferon treatment of herpes. First green tea compress is applied, and then let the skin dry before the interferon treatment.

22. Green Tea and Tooth Decay
    Green tea destroys bacteria and viruses that cause many dental diseases.It also slows the growth of bacteria which leads to bad breath.

23. Green Tea and Stress
    L-theanine, which is a kind of amino acids in green tea, can help relieve stress and anxiety.

24. Green Tea and Allergies
    EGCG found in green tea relieves allergies. So, if you have allergies, you should really consider drinking green tea.

25. Green Tea and HIV
    Scientists in Japan have found that EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) in green tea can stop HIV from binding to healthy immune cells. What this means is that green tea can help stop the HIV virus from spreading.

Jimmy Smith, CSCS, is a fitness coach who trains athletes and injured individuals as well as fitness competitors and enthusiasts in Stamford, Connecticut. In addition, Jimmy is currently advancing his education as a master?s degree student in Human Movement Visit Jimmy's website www.jimmysmithtraining.com to sign up for his free newsletter and to receive his special report on rapid body fat reduction.
    My blog:filled with good stuff
    http://www.jimmysmithtraining.com

Awesome ******** page for training and diet information
    www.********.com/physiqueformula

Various bodybuilding, fitness and nutrition ramblings throughouts the day
    www.twitter.com/jimmysmithtrain

Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've read in a recent study that Green tea may raise DHT levels in mice. I'll try to find it.

bprayinman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bprayinman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bprayinman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rumour has it that green tea grows hair and makes certain male body parts get bigger... lol
    If u wanna get big eat a COW right after U bench it!

Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i like green tea and all, and i know there are some health benifits (dont know if all 25 of these are true...). however, the main reason i dont drink green tea much is becasue of the caffiene levels. my body is a sucker for caffiene - if i drink 2 cups of green tea every day for a week, the DAY i stop drinking it i feel impossibly tired and sluggish.

ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow, good information, thank you.
    might replace morning coffee for me

ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ps1ch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm bout to go get me some green tea....

Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Drums123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Surely not all of those 25 are scientifically proven, and based upon dodgy facts.

Can someone tell me how much caffeine green tea regularly contains?
    will rep back with measly reps

razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10) razuel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gx7Pyro View Post
    i like green tea and all, and i know there are some health benifits (dont know if all 25 of these are true...). however, the main reason i dont drink green tea much is becasue of the caffiene levels. my body is a sucker for caffiene - if i drink 2 cups of green tea every day for a week, the DAY i stop drinking it i feel impossibly tired and sluggish.
    They sell caffeine free green tea.
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it."

LethalParadox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Green Tea does, in fact, have many beneficial traits. As a Buddhist, drinking tea is a commonplace act. I prefer Green Tea, due to not only its health benefits, but its effects on the digestive system, stress and mental awareness.
    A man has many strengths; strength of mind, body and spirit. If even one falters, the rest are affected. A strong man is complete.

Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimmy Smith is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Roke View Post
    I've read in a recent study that Green tea may raise DHT levels in mice. I'll try to find it.
    I think I saw the study too. Very interesting.

Jimmy
    www.jimmysmithtraining.com
    My blog:filled with good stuff
    http://www.jimmysmithtraining.com

Awesome ******** page for training and diet information
    www.********.com/physiqueformula

Various bodybuilding, fitness and nutrition ramblings throughouts the day
    www.twitter.com/jimmysmithtrain

apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) apH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How manny green tea should you drink a day? the more the better?

Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Just_Me_P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also read in a report in Iornman magizne that Black Tea has some of the same benifits as Green Tea. I was wondering what you thought about Black Tea v.s. Green Tea but in the end it does not really matter both are extremely good for you and I appricate you keeping the body building world informed of it's natural benifits!
    The only person to blame for your sucesses and failures is you! Time to make a change and stop looking for the scapegoat!!!

~`P`~

Registered User user1264821321544's Avatar
    user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) user1264821321544 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    wow this changed my whole viewpoint on how I look at greentea. I will definitely be replacing my coffee with greentea. Thanks man reps

manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10) manty504 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    would drinking "naturally decaffeinated tea" have the same benefits?

S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10) S7R31F is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I bought some "dieters Extra Strength" green tea...which you can find in any shopping centre here (In Asian stores and Shops that sell nuts n coffee)...for me on the first day I took 2 servings as recommended and yes I did get how it stated "promotes smooth bowel movements" and for the next day aswell. Although I do feel good when drinking it. I seem to hold a little less water...I will just half my dosage for now and see how it goes..instread of 2 tea bags in the day, have one spread over 2 cups

liam.wrigley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How the **** does flouride make your bones denser?

Siren_of_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Green tea is great, definitely seems to have some hidden benefits that coffee doesn't have. I drink puerh, which is basically green tea that is old as hell, supposedly very good for digestion. That being said, I work for a coffee company, so...keep drinking that coffee too, okay?

mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by S7R31F View Post
    I bought some "dieters Extra Strength" green tea...which you can find in any shopping centre here (In Asian stores and Shops that sell nuts n coffee)...for me on the first day I took 2 servings as recommended and yes I did get how it stated "promotes smooth bowel movements" and for the next day aswell. Although I do feel good when drinking it. I seem to hold a little less water...I will just half my dosage for now and see how it goes..instread of 2 tea bags in the day, have one spread over 2 cups
    Taking in extra vitamin C will loosen your bowel movements. Once your body has reached saturation levels you'll squit. When you have a cold/body worn down etc. you can take in alot of extra vitamin C without opening the floodgates because your body is using it all(even upto 10g a day).

imaviking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great read, drinking green tea rite now actually

SweetCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its been a while that I drink GREEN TEA...well I never drink coffee only TEA black or green.

The only problem I have is I dont know which type of sugar to put. Because I dont think the GREEN TEA is gonna the same affect with 2 teaspoon of sugar.

Generally I try to put 1 PRESSED LEMON so it can help for the taste or rarelly SPLENDA.

Kenny

Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roke is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tea also contains more fluoride than allowed by health commissions...may a note of that.

LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LennardiVooDoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I love how green tea also helps herpes XD

Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ripnlean is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ps1ch View Post
    wow, good information, thank you.
    might replace morning coffee for me
    For coffee id do mate, found one that tastes exactly like cappucino! loose leaf!

Originally Posted by ps1ch View Post
    I'm bout to go get me some green tea....
    keep it loose leaf, japanese sencha is best for fatloss, not taste, chinese for taste!

Originally Posted by razuel View Post
    They sell caffeine free green tea.
    yes, but what most people dont realize is that the CO2 process makes the green tea loose most of its value which defeats the purpose!
    2017 Transformation Challenge

1/2/17 - 216 #'s, 28% BF
    1/8/17 - 212 #'s, 25% BF

ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShootToScore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    weird, but i might try it. lol

ambika123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nice Contribution to the forum.
    Keep posting.

dexterity.in

Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildcats160 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    # 9 about green tea and obesity. Yes green tea can improve your metabolism and help burn calories but you said if you eat right, exercise, and drink green tea it's unlikely you'll be obese. All due respect if you eat right and exercise it's unlikely you'll be obese even without the green tea.

abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500) abood-uae is not very helpful. (-500)
    MAN i cant drink it just plain it tastes bad for me i will try to drink it

WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000) WlLD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Make it as 'trendy' as coffee and people might actually drink it.

rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10) rammbhat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    4. Green Tea and Weight Loss
    Green tea helps with your body weight loss. Green tea burns fat and boosts your metabolism rate naturally. It can help you burn up to 70 calories in just one day. That translates to 7 pounds in one year.

WHAT?? 70 calories a day from drinking green tea? Are you sure? if its 70 cals per day you will burn waaayyy more fat a year than 7 pounds! 3500 cals=1lb!
    http://www.rammbhat.com

Recomp & Motivated Arr =) sid007's Avatar
    sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yup I've been brewing my own and drinking it daily.

100% natural and unsweetened. Fill up a 20oz bottle every morning.
    Down 15% BF Up 6 % Muscle in 7 months (March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept 2010)
    Maint / Recomp (oct 2010 - July 2011)
    Aug/Sep/Oct '11 - fat loss / cut Goal: 1 lb every 5 days / (3500 cals burnt every 5 days - 400 cal deficit food | 300 cal deficit gym daily)

My Fat Stack: Fish Oil, Olive Oil, Flax, PB, Eggs, Almonds, Almond Butter, CLA
    My Protein Stack: Chicken, Lean Steak, Deli Turkey, Fish, Egg Whites, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, ON Whey