firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

chest workout with bad shoulder

What's good for chest with a bad shoulder? flat bench kills. Should I just do more volume with less weight. I tried different hand postions. dumbbells arent too bad but again I can't go to heavy. Any help would be great.

thank you

brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000) brad71983 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by firenurse View Post
    What's good for chest with a bad shoulder? flat bench kills. Should I just do more volume with less weight. I tried different hand postions. dumbbells arent too bad but again I can't go to heavy. Any help would be great.

thank you
    i vote that you just take time off and let your shoulder heal.
    see ya at 225

jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhb07c is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Doctor visit

Do you know what's wrong with your shoulder? Same thing happened to me and I did some research and found out i had something called impingment shoulder syndrome. The Bursa gets inflamed and leads to trouble moving the shoulder and straightening the arm. I ice it after any arm, chest, or shoulder workouts and it seems to help me. You should probably go to the doctor and find out what's wrong with your shoulder though.

phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) phrozen5100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same issue. Have you given dips a try? Weighted dips actually seemed to do much more for my chest than flat bench anyway.

vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10) vicky is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't train with bad shoulder coz it can really unbalance ur chest and ur one side chest will have more shape then the other.So let shoulder heal first and then u can train.
    VAQAS

"Discipline is one of the most valuable qualities one can possess. Like a tree, you start with a seed; you plant it and grow it." - Dave Draper

"The worst thing I can be is like everyone else, I hate that" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try incline DB presses. When I had rotator cuff issues, they were nearly problem free.

See here for rotator cuff rehabilitation.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

SoCal Mustang Mach1 V8 IamJames's Avatar
    IamJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) IamJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Basically stay away from flat bb bench and stick with ligher db and focus more on form and squeezing the muscles. I have same problem and I really like doing declines since it takes away your shoulders more than others. Rehab by doing RC excercise and make sure you do some shoulder stretches. DB flyies might hurt as well so I stick with cable's instead. If you really want to do flat BB then keep your shoulder tucked in and not flared out. Thats what usually impinges the shoulder.
    Whey Protein.......AST 32x multi-vitamin......fish oil

void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) void11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If it's a rotator cuff issue, warmup before your chest workout with some rotator cuff exercises (use very light weight and slow movement). As others have pointed out, go with DB movements for the chest. I found doing DB presses with my arms at about a 45 degree angle at the bottom of the movement took a lot of pressure away from my chest. Same thing with DB shoulder presses. I also made sure to ice my shoulders frequently, especially after my workout.

firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) firenurse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is a rotator cuff strain. And thank you all for your thoughts. I'll stick with the db and really feel the squeeze. And just go light for a while. And I'll give dips a chance

tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tommytom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for me at least decline bench was much easier on my shoulder, as you incline you involve more and more shoulder so i would not recommend incline. but first i would stop shoulder and chest training for like 3-4 weeks. start with half your original weight when your back. move up like ten percent a week till your back to form. if it still sucks you need a doctor. sounds like the long way but it might be the only way or you'll be training with a week shoulder or worse for much much longer. throw in an extra day for legs or back during your 3-4 weeks off.
    No one, not your spotter, not your girlfriend, not even God, should be touching the bar while you're lifting it.

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

thank you
    Welcome to my world. Incline DB should feel much better to you than flat bb. If you have any Hammer Strength equipment at your gym give them a shot... they feel the best out of any press for my shoulder. Incline smith machine presses also work well. If you can't go heavy, volume is your friend. Try 10 sets of 10 sometime... even though you're using a 20 rep weight, it will be one of the best workouts you ever had.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000) genepool is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I got a dicked up rotator as well. Incline and decline dont bother it anywhere near as much as flat bench. In fact I stopped doing flat all together and my shoulders in general feel better
    The body is lazy, unless you give it a reason to grow it won't

Tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death I shall fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherf*cker in the valley

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds - Henry Rollins

NASM-CPT-CES
    Nutrition Coach

daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500) daazndood is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

thank you
    how often do you do chest? i used to have rediculous shoulder pain while bench pressing. to the point where i couldnt even move my arm behind my back. this was becuase i was a noob and i was benching nearly 4 times a week and it was raping my shoulder.

i only bench press like once a week now and my shoulder is completely fine now. something like a bench press shouldnt be done more then twice a week imo.

Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Keeloo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DO NOT
    DO NOT train with a bad shoulder, pick up some thera bands and no more than 5-10 pounds, and do some rotator cuff exercises for a while to strengthen it but i lost almost 2 years of training because of a shoulder problem. i suggest getting it diagnosed by a physio therapist first, go to one a few times so you know how to treat it yourself if you cannot afford to continue with physio
    Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever.

What I lack in size, I make up for with Ignorance and Arrogance.

Whatever it takes.

F*ck the rest, I'm the Best.

dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpihitithard is on a distinguished road. (+10)

thank you
    take a week off, ice it and relax, then do light weights higher reps for a week and then start trying heavy weight if it still hurt continue light...ive had probs with shoulders, i just didnt go as heavy, kept icing it and eventually it went away...get some tendon supplements...i had something called LIGATEND, took it double dose for 3 week and it helped a lot..

TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by genepool View Post
    I got a dicked up rotator as well.
    I lol'ed when I read that..

Back to the topic, I would see what is wrong with it first and see if you can take a week or two off until it heals, I had a bad knee about a year ago, kept on training with it and got some tendonitis, had to stop for about a month or so.
    I wouldn't do dips like some ppl are saying.. i find em hard of shoulders.
    beepbeepimaJew

1k+

AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hola Bola View Post
    Welcome to my world. Incline DB should feel much better to you than flat bb. If you have any Hammer Strength equipment at your gym give them a shot... they feel the best out of any press for my shoulder. Incline smith machine presses also work well. If you can't go heavy, volume is your friend. Try 10 sets of 10 sometime... even though you're using a 20 rep weight, it will be one of the best workouts you ever had.
    ^^ What he said.. ^^

You can also try tucking the shoulder in while pressing.. Like a powerlifter..
    "Man often becomes what he believes himself to be"

kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) kliddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had the same problem with my shoulder. I tried lifting but couldnt. I went to the Indians doctors (Dr. Kepler & Dr. Vangelos) and Vangelos said that when I fell from football the ball in my socket went back and dented my socket and fractured a bone an inch wide. Also, I tore my labrum in my rotator cuff. So i most likely will need surgery, but i gave it time, and now it doesnt hurt to workout. Just give it time.

TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000) TheGunShowMane is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kliddy View Post
    I had the same problem with my shoulder. I tried lifting but couldnt. I went to the Indians doctors (Dr. Kepler & Dr. Vangelos) and Vangelos said that when I fell from football the ball in my socket went back and dented my socket and fractured a bone an inch wide. Also, I tore my labrum in my rotator cuff. So i most likely will need surgery, but i gave it time, and now it doesnt hurt to workout. Just give it time.
    lmao, read this guys profile. 'How i stay motivated' ... priceless.
    beepbeepimaJew

1k+

AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50) AUSTINSCOBRA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by megaboy123456 View Post
    lol
    "Man often becomes what he believes himself to be"

Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hola Bola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by megaboy123456 View Post
    Haha, awesome...

How I Stay Motivated: I had a dream one night, someone(rapist) took my girl-friend and I had to chase after the van. And i failed to keep up. So I try to stay as Motivated as possible so incase this does happen, I can help avoid the situation.
    Audentis Fortuna Iuvat