katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help! Emergency food source!

I just got layed-off and have very little income to go off of for a while. The problem is that I can't afford the food I need to continue eating clean. Are there any suggestions for short-term, healthy, cheap alternatives to help me get the calories I need???

I know that there not so savory/healthy possibilities: shakes/bars

Any suggestions would be of help. Despite everything that's happened to me, I don't want to add declining health to the list.

bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry to hear about the layoff katy!

Here are a couple articles I found that have some good info, it's basically the way that I do my shopping because I hate spending anymore than I have to on food but I want to eat healthy and try to keep my kids eating healthy.

I use coupons whenever I can and I always stock up on the stuff I know I'll use when I find it on sale. Some good tips in the links below:

http://sparkpeople.com/resource/nutr...les.asp?id=511

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17113255/

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you belong to a costco or a big box store or know someone you can go with ? Things at places like costco are so much cheaper the supermarket,eggs,chicken and oats are just some the things I dont buy at a supermarket any more.

katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) katyloyal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice bbbom.

In terms of Costco, I don't know since it's a yearly renewal deal. Perhaps Smart & Final instead??? I'll have to investigate.

Stocking up on the frozen veggies and meat should help.

shouldbesad has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I recommend www.thegrocerygame.com .

Shows you what is on sale at your local market to use along with coupons for great savings. I have been using for last 2 years and am averaging saving 45% on groceries and household. Almost all is cheaper than Wallyworld. There is quite a bit that is healthy, so I just stay away from the junk.

Diane

(I have no affiliation with grocerygame.com, just enjoy the savings)

bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbbom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nice site Diane! That is the first I've heard of it!

Shoot me a pm with your email if you'd like me to list you as who referred me to it.

I'm signing up when I get back from lunchtime cardio!