Thread: unwanted hair

Registered User prairie_princes's Avatar
    prairie_princes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking unwanted hair

I am looking for tips on hair removal. Here are a few things our mothers never told us: your bikini line starts at your ankles after 30, your mustache will come in better than your husbands. You’ll have to pluck your eyebrows then get out the scissors for a trim because those suckers are growing like you put fertilizer on them and while you have the twisters out you might as well pluck those pesky chin hairs!

I have tried it all to rid myself of these little problems life deals us. The razor leaves bumps that can be painful. Tried putting deodorant on afterwards to avoid the bumps…..according to dancers this works wonders….not so much, still had razor burn and ingrown hairs to deal with but I was spring fresh! Waxing is out……..the directions say to proceed with confidence, ya right! I just ripped the hairs out by the root; I’m in the fetal position on the floor but should proceed with confidence. Not likely!
    The laser for those chin hairs……works but is costly and I was burnt by the laser. 2nd degree burns on my chin, you would think those damn hairs would have fried but nooooo……..after the blister healed those little suckers came right back!
    Electrolysis….seems to be the best so far but you need to go regularly. There are fewer chin hairs and I might take the plunge and have the bikini line done next if I can get past the fact that someone is sticking me with a needle then sending a currant to zap those suckers in my special place!
    Well those are a few of my attempts to rid myself of unwanted hair. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them, if not I hope you had a good laugh.
    P.S any men out there who have suggestions send them my way. My guy tried neet for men on his chest…….from the waist up he looked like a 12 yr old Swedish boy but his hairy ass ruin the whole effect!

jessedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I use men's electric razors. They work well for me. The men's razors are more powerfull than the womens. I've found that they tend to work better. And yes, I use them everywhere I want to get rid of hair.

caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caligrl26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Men's razor, The regular 4 blade one, they have em for woman to, Your face you should be able to wax no problemo, bikini line and area, should be fine with a razor, I shave my whole body with a razor! Except my face, cause it isn't hairy. If you do it everyday the maintnence isn't bad takes me like 5 to 10 minutes arms and all.

Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Geno has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Talking

Sensitive formula VEET. Used to take all the hair off of everywere but now just the private parts (gf likes a hairy chest - yuck - I can barely see my pecs and abs). It leaves a few ingrown bumps but works way better than a razor for me. Never tried laser or electralosys and wax is a definate no-no (I thought I was dying and I never want a wax technician to look at me like that again, I'm not sure if she was sympathetic or thought I was pathetic or what).

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Waxing is the most affordable with longer lasting results....if you can stand the pain I personally don't think the pain is so bad and it gets less painful the more you have it done because the hair is thinner and roots are weaker and easier to pull out but.
    The veet stuff doesn't work for me..I have really thick hair.
    I've have a consultation regarding lazer hair removal and I can't afford that...it's thousands of dollars if you want you major body parts done and it requires repeated treatments that are not guaranteed to work. Also you have to very pale with no sun tan so this has to be planned out ahead of time .

calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hey!

also, they say if you put baby oil on before you shave and do your regular steps its suppose to really make every body part extra smooth with no bumps..(suppose to work really well for bikini area) .

beautifully broken spytechs_wife's Avatar
    spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250) spytechs_wife has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i had laser hair removal done on my upper lip. its expensive, but fast and was effective for me after 4 treatments.
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - Phil 4:13

"The ultimate mystery is one's own self." - Sammy Davis, Jr.

Full service photography-
    offthecuffphotography.info

Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100) Illana is not very well liked. (-100)
    Im not convinced about the long term effects of laser treatment. I shave my legs with a mens razor. They seen to give you a closer shave. Bikini and brows are waxed. Waxing is awesome. I love not having to shave all the time to be smooth, its not that painful and as mommy said you hair grows bad softer and your folicles weaker so each time it get easier and less painful. Am starting to get my legs waxed next month when spring kicks in.

bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebird will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good question. I'm of Middle-Eastern descent so I've always had to deal with very thick, VERY dark hair. I've always shaved just because it's the most convienient but the ingrown hairs are a bitch. I think I'm going to take the suggestion about a using a man's electric razor. I've heard that using baby powder before using the electric razor helps, but I would think it could damage the razor.
    "My power is beyond your understanding." -Skeletor

deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000) deeyala is just really nice. (+1000)
    after 10 years of shaving, bleaching,waxing....etc i still haven't found what suits every single part.. so i can't be much of help really... nice to share it though

M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) M(0)NSTER will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mommy*2*3
    Waxing is the most affordable with longer lasting results....if you can stand the pain I personally don't think the pain is so bad and it gets less painful the more you have it done because the hair is thinner and roots are weaker and easier to pull out but.
    The veet stuff doesn't work for me..I have really thick hair.
    I've have a consultation regarding lazer hair removal and I can't afford that...it's thousands of dollars if you want you major body parts done and it requires repeated treatments that are not guaranteed to work. Also you have to very pale with no sun tan so this has to be planned out ahead of time .
    Im not a girl so I dont know why I know this, BUT

If you wax certain spot long enough the hair wont grow back becasue you damage the area. My mom was a case and point. After she hit like 40 she started going hair on her chin. She used to be a model and still looks like shes late 20's even though shes 40...Very vain to say the least. So the 1st thing she did was start waxing them...EVERY DAY. When it looked like the hair was getting rdy to grow in, shes wax it...the hair would never see daylight. Then she would put vasoline in the area to soften the skin to prevent bumps or anything. After about 8 months of this, the hairs never came back again.

MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000)
    M(0)NSTER,
    It's good that your mom had good results with waxing, but it doesn't work that way for many. Waxing can encourage more hair by increasing the bloodflow in the area treated.

I think the one that's best is laser, but it can't be used on red-blonde or grey hairs, and it doesn't work well for everyone that it should work for. My wife has fairly dark skin and was treated successfully with a Yag laser.

CV Athletic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Which of the men's razors are best....fewest nicks, etc? Anyone know??

Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Laurie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Gads.....

Being Scots/Irish/Norse descent, as a teenager, I never worried about shaving my legs, the hair was too light to show (although the fashion was to do it no matter what). Still is. But I did pluck eyebrows until I got sick of that and just carefully shaved them to shape to be in "fashion".

Now in my fifties, my face hair is still quite light so no postmenopausal "mustache" showing. But do find errant "beard" hairs sprouting from my chin/general area. Just clip them close.

"Bikini?" What's that? Someday, I will get to that point.