Rehab Science Student TheFitnessGuru's Avatar
    TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Isolation Exercises take long to build muscle with

I have this belief that since during an isolation exercise, you're doing only the muscle you are planning on working, or just that muscle and maybe one or two other small ones, you're going to get stronger slower? Right?

Since you don't want to try and use your other muscles to get it up?

Almost like you might not be able to TRUELY increase the weight except maybe every 2 weeks at the most if you're doing PERFECT and i mean perfect form.

Even if you do, its probably due to another compound exercise. For example: You're doing squats first thing monday morning, then you do curls right after. the next week you're curls are a bit easier so you should raise the weight... its prolly cause of the squats, not the curls...

Anyone agree with me even the tiniest bit? B/c as I think back to it, its hard to do perfect bent lat raises with a lot of weight. im using like 15's, then 17.5's, then 20's for my three sets, and getting reps of like 10,10, 6-8 or something like that....
    | Bringing Fitness into your Lifestyle |

TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheFitnessGuru has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump ya bios

Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000) Guardian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ive always been a very strogn supporter of isolation movements over compound movements.

From what has been said of my arms over the past few years I disagree strongly that compound movements are needed to build everything else.

thats ok. anyone else think otherwise?

McTrij has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know. I think it might be different for certain people. My friend has huge triceps and he doesn't do many tricep isolation excercises. But, when I started hitting the tricep pulldown twice a week I started gettin results.
    I <3 lifting

Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Xikaj has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i think certain isolation excerises are useful to improve in compound excerises. example: you do triceps isolations to improve your benchpress

_Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) _Lifter4Life_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Xikaj
    i think certain isolation excerises are useful to improve in compound excerises. example: you do triceps isolations to improve your benchpress
    I do them to improve the size of my arm, I couldn;t care a less what im lifting, I care when i stop growing but my bench has gone up as my tri's get stronger, your body is a unit, it works together IMO

Lifter,
    "Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless." Bruce Lee

"The pain of bodybuilding is inevitable, but whether you suffer or not is entirely up to you."

i agree with that