calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question please someone give me advice!

im new at this and id really like some help!..im 5'3 173 and 38dd...i recently gained 20lbs from being a newlywed..my husband and i recently decided to start bodybuilding...any adivce on what diet i should use? or how to get lean muscle while keeping my boobs and not looking bulky like a man! im really confused on the whole food ratio thing..and how to figure it out, ...i also really really dont want to be flat chested and the end of all of this?? how can i get away from that...ive had them since i was 13..when i was very skinny...so i know there not just from getting fat..if any one has advice please let me know! thanks a ton!~

pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pwrhngry has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As far as diet goes you should go with high protien and low carb for cutting fat. Hit the tuna fish and veggies! Tuna is full of protien and pretty low cal (30gpro,150cal percan). Id also add in a protien suppliment to try and get the protien up(1g per lb of body weight) without adding in a lot of saturated fats from meat. Chicken breasts are also a fantastic protien delivery system(24-28g pro,120cal per 4 oz). Also try to get used to eating 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of "the big three" and dont skip meals that makes you burn muscle and store fat! Eat about every 3 hours or so.
    As for loosing your breasts, if you had duble ds when you were skinny they're not going anywhere unless you just SHRED all of your bodyfat off, so dont worry. And as far as getting big and bulky; that wont happen on accident or sneak up on you. Its pretty hard to put on a bunch of mass (for me at least). Working out will most likely just tighten you up and make you stronger.
    As for workouts try to stick to big compound movements at firstand go for the 8-12 rep range at 3 or 4 sets. Squats,deadlifts,dips,bech press,and pull ups. If your just starting out go with lower weights at first and get to know your body. By the way if you cant do pull ups or dips yet have hubby assist by lifting at your legs.
    Congrats on deciding to start lifting it will change your body a lot faster and more effectively than all the aerobics in the world. Good luck. pwrhngry

Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by calimodel1
    im new at this and id really like some help!..im 5'3 173 and 38dd...i recently gained 20lbs from being a newlywed..my husband and i recently decided to start bodybuilding...any adivce on what diet i should use? or how to get lean muscle while keeping my boobs and not looking bulky like a man! im really confused on the whole food ratio thing..and how to figure it out, ...i also really really dont want to be flat chested and the end of all of this?? how can i get away from that...ive had them since i was 13..when i was very skinny...so i know there not just from getting fat..if any one has advice please let me know! thanks a ton!~
    Start with the basic 40/40/20. Do research at this website in the nutrition section and, start here : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=316377. But, now you're going to have to do your own research.

Now, since you have a large quantity of fatty tissue in your boobs, you are unlikely to become flat chested. Take account of your body fat pattern: where you put it on first is where it will come off last. That means, the areas that are slim now, are going to get slimmer first.

Arrivederci

calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) calimodel1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question thanks

well thanks very much for your replys... although i really dont get this ratio stuff i mean yes, i understand the principle behind it...but i dont understand how to come up with the figures... can i not just look at someone elses weekly diet and do that??... i realize thats just the easy way out but i dont get it!...i look on a few websites and it wasnt makeing any since to me either..please someone explain this better...and how i can still it the foods i like and learn how to calculate them in please

jessedi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To find out ratios of the food you're eating, visit the website www.fitday.com. I've seen that a lot of women here use it and it is very helpful in showing what you've eaten for the day as far as protein, carbs and fats.

Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50) Saeco Pink will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well thanks very much for your replys... although i really dont get this ratio stuff i mean yes, i understand the principle behind it...but i dont understand how to come up with the figures... can i not just look at someone elses weekly diet and do that??... i realize thats just the easy way out but i dont get it!...i look on a few websites and it wasnt makeing any since to me either..please someone explain this better...and how i can still it the foods i like and learn how to calculate them in please
    The problem with copying someone else's diet is that...its THEIR diet. Their body is completely different than yours and what works for them may not work for YOU.

Food is made of three types of macro-nutrients (macro means "big"). Carbs (sugars), protein (amino acids), and fats. When you want to plan your dietary intake, you want to arrange the macronutrients so that YOUR body uses its fat stores, rather than storing the fat you intake.

So, you first find out how many calories you should be eating per day. Then, you calculate 40% of that number for protein, 40% for carbohydrates, and 20% for fats. That's the 40/40/20. Super easy, really.

Use fitday.com to keep track of all nutrients you eat. It will automatically show you the macronutrient ratios....but, a word of caution. The calories are too low for melons -- all of them. Use calorieking.com to find out the accurate number of calories for melons.

It's not that complicated, once you get started with tracking your macronutrients.

Unhappy hey secko pink!

hi there, thanks for the advice i think its starting to make sense ...i understand the ratio part of it though im just not sure how to apply it. let me explain it , (or try to) ..lol..ok...if i weigh 173. im suppose to times that by 15 to get my calories to maintain my weight correct?...so if i want to get down to 120 should i times that by 15 and eat that amount of calories? and then the ratio part...is it ok if its not exact? like i guess my question is how do i make it those ratios..because i was playing around with fitday...and putting in foods i might it ...and it was changing the ratios alot and there never exact...does it just need to be somewhere around that area of ratios...and i also heard i could mix it up a bit and do like 50 40 10? is that ok?...becasue i need to lose quite a bit first... how do i make sure im not having to many carbs...(we are counting greens as carbs too right)...so see im still a bit confused and im sure you all are just like, what doesnt she get!? im prob just making it difficult but please reply! thanks

MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000) MDC is just really nice. (+1000)
    15x173 is about 2500 and 15x120 is 1800. I suspect that you should stay at a few hundred calories below your current weight*15 rather than going to 1800 now. If you go much lower than that, your body will keep fat and lose muscle.

if i weigh 173. im suppose to times that by 15 to get my calories to maintain my weight correct?...so if i want to get down to 120 should i times that by 15 and eat that amount of calories? and then the ratio part...is it ok if its not exact? like i guess my question is how do i make it those ratios..because i was playing around with fitday...and putting in foods i might it ...and it was changing the ratios alot and there never exact...does it just need to be somewhere around that area of ratios...and i also heard i could mix it up a bit and do like 50 40 10? is that ok?...becasue i need to lose quite a bit first... how do i make sure im not having to many carbs...(we are counting greens as carbs too right)...so see im still a bit confused and im sure you all are just like, what doesnt she get!? im prob just making it difficult but please reply! thanks
    Okay, I see why you're a bit confused. There are a few things you're trying to figure out at the same time. Trust me, I was the same way!

First off, the standard/general cutting (weight loss) multiplication factor is 10-12 calories per pound of body weight. Maintaining your current body weight is generally multiplied by 13-15 calories per lb. Bulking is generally above 15 calories per lb. However, your results may vary and probably will.

You can try cutting a variety of ways. As you correctly suggested, choosing an idealized body weight and eating maintenance calories for that weight is a valid approach.

As a small woman, you will have to stay on the low end of, or even below, the general/standard numbers or you'll be eating too much for the goal you're trying to achieve. I'd say, start your cutting diet at 11 cals per lb or at the 1800 suggested in the previous post. Don't jump to 10, because it may be too low and your body might react by going into starvation mode. Just be patient for a month at the 11/lb before making any changes, okay? Really, you have to be very, very patient. The body does not like to lose fat, so you have to wait for it to take its damn sweet time to do what you want it to do.

About the other macro ratios: it all depends on what level of cardio exercise you're doing. The greater amount and intensity of cardio you do, you'll need to devote more carbs to support your efforts. That's why you'll see ratios like 60/25/15 or 50/25/25, etc. Your 50/40/10 is interesting. It's a very low fat regime, which isn't exactly bad. In order to make that ratio nutritionally solid, you'll have to eat extremely clean fats and make certain that your EFAs (essential fatty acids) are taken in abundance because the body requires fat and ten percent fat is not a lot.

I'd say for sure, that 50/40/10 for two or three weeks will probably be ideal. After that, the body might react to the low fats (it's hormonal stuff). You can switch to a 40/40/20 or 40/30/30 for a week and then return to the 50/40/10 for another two or three weeks and rotate the ratios like that for a while to see if that brings you the results you're seeking.

It's just fine to not be 100% exact with the ratios. You're trying to be in the ballpark...but try your best to stay infield rather than outfield.

The carbs you count are the digestible ones. Therefore, when fitday shows you the carb count and the amount of fiber, subtract the number of grams of fiber from your total carb grams. The fiber isn't digested, therefore you have that many more grams of carbs to eat, if you want.

To restrict carbs, eat only fibrous vegetables (broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, lettuce, celery, spinach, etc...yes, basically the greens) and only berries. No sugar, no honey, no artificial sweetener (has the same chemical impact as sugar, even though it has almost no calories). Careful, dairy has carbs (not hard cheese, though). There's a ton of step-by-step guides and food lists in the Keto section here and at lowcarb.org.

Talking seckopink!~

you are my new bestfriend...finally domeone reaches me at a level i understand!( not that im an idiot) but very new at this thank you very much and i appreciate everyones replies to me, its all been very helpful

you are my new bestfriend...finally domeone reaches me at a level i understand!( not that im an idiot) but very new at this thank you very much and i appreciate everyones replies to me, its all been very helpful
    Happy to help (HTH). I knew you weren't an idiot - just exactly a noob, like I was....

RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RidgeRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey... Thanks for ME TOO !!!