Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Charles Glass Routines

Here's a couple of Charles Glass chest workouts:

CHARLES GLASS' RECOMMENDED CHEST WORKOUT *

EXERCISE SETS REPS

BEGINNERS

Bench presses 3 10-12
    Incline presses 3 10-12
    Decline presses 3 10-12

INTERMEDIATES

Bench presses 3 8-10
    Incline presses 3 8-10
    Decline presses 3 8-10
    Low incline flyes 3 8-10

* Glass believes that less-experienced trainers should focus on compound
    basics.

GLASS GUIDELINES

* CONTINUOUS TENSION Limit the range of motion of exercises such as chest presses to keep constant pressure on the targeted muscles.

* FAILURE Push most sets to failure.

* INTENSITY Use techniques such as supersets, drop sets and a rapid pace to increase intensity, especially precontest.

* MUSCLE TARGETING Gear exercises to ward limited areas. For example, instead of bent rows for the entire back, Glass' clients may do dumbbell rows facedown on an incline bench to hit the upper inner back.

* PRIORITIZATION Place special emphasis on your weakest points, thus improving symmetry.

* STRICT FORM To keep constant tension on the muscles and avoid injury, always maintain proper technique.

* UNIQUE EXERCISES Use some of Glass' favorite unusual lifts, such as Smith machine incline power presses for the upper chest or dumbbell deadlifts/rows for the lumbar/lower tat tie-ins.

the rest of u guys should post some other Charles Glass workouts for different bodyparts (arms, abs, back, delts, legs, etc). reps will be given. charles glass is like the yoda of personal training, his routines are like the best. i wish he would post on here like the pro's.

Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000) Pump Freak 86 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Here's some back routines

CHARLES GLASS' RECOMMENDED BACK ROUTINES

EXERCISE SETS REPS

BEGINNERS

Front pulldowns 3 10-12
    Seated pulley rows 3 10-12
    One-arm dumbbell rows 3 10-12
    Lumbar crunches 3 10-12

INTERMEDIATES

Front pulldowns 3 8-10
    Seated pulley rows 3 8-10
    One-arm dumbbell rows 3 8-10
    T-bar rows 3 8-10
    Deadlifts 3 8-10

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Back routine isn't much different than the chest routine All using the classic 3x10.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    glass is a homo ever since he attacked DC training publically, all the while revealing he knew dick all about it
    <->

this isnt a thread about whether or not u like him or not, i think it would be cool to post some of his routines. he;s a great trainer and we could all learn a thing or two from him about exercise grouping, execution, and variety. just breathe yall

Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Charles Glass's Shoulder routine -

First exercise.
    Seated lateral raises (start with dumbells at your sides, thumbs should point downwards as you raise the dumbells to around pec height)
    3-4 sets of 10-12 reps

Second exercise.
    Seated front laterals (start with dumbells at your sides palms facing in toward torso, raise both dumbells to the front and toward each other with a slight inwards tilt and touch edges of dumbells together)
    3-4 sets of 10-12 reps

Third exercise.
    Seated behind the neck press (only lower the bar to where your upper arms are parallel to the ground, no bouncing the bar)
    3-4 sets of 10-12 reps

Based on experience, you should start to notice a difference in as little as 3 weeks.

(taken from Muscular Development magazine, June 2005)
    Less food means less weight. More weight on bar means get stronger. Guy farts while squatting means great laughter. -Dan John-

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Geez, did this guy recommend anything other than 3x10
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Overload
    He does. These are just generalized routines. He actually is good.

Originally Posted by Defiant1
    These are just generalized routines.
    Well, that explains the "canned" routines. I'll have to look him up as I shouldn't pass judgement without researching him. I've been going crazy reading Vince Gironda stuff.

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have found 3x10 to be the perfect rep scheme for strength and mass increases. Attempting to use the compensatory acceleration technique throughout a set of ten attacks the type IIb fibers ferociously, and as those fatigue, the type IIa fibers phase in, allowing efficient recruitment of both types.

Using this technique with an aggressive progressive resistance program produces results that are way ahead of the 1RM calculations and extrapolations that normally precipitate from other RM sets.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Slump is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    glass is a homo ever since he attacked DC training publically, all the while revealing he knew dick all about it
    Oh, you sparked an interest there. Could you tell more about it or link me somewhere I could read more about it?
    "It's easy to praise yourself when all is going right, but I believe true character is found through adversity" - Ray Lewis

I can see your point but I found it humorous that each routine was all 3x10. Mix it up a little. There's nothing wrong with 3x8s, 4x12s, 2x10, 6x6 and so on. Maybe it's a personal preference but I like to vary my reps and sets from exercise to exercise.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Slump
    Oh, you sparked an interest there. Could you tell more about it or link me somewhere I could read more about it?

his opinion on DC? it was only published in his column in that rag a few months ago
    <->

ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ATrainer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can see your point but I found it humorous that each routine was all 3x10. Mix it up a little. There's nothing wrong with 3x8s, 4x12s, 2x10, 6x6 and so on. Maybe it's a personal preference but I like to vary my reps and sets from exercise to exercise.
    My progressive resistance program is dependent on 3x10 because muscular endurance is a huge consideration. If I were to mix it up, the muscular endurance, a factor critical to the way I train, would vasilate and compromise the whole program. Where ME isn't a consideration, and other factors are, mixing it up would be beneficial.
    www.revised-training.com
    Training got better

A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250) A & B has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    *FAILURE Push most sets to failure
    bzzzzt. Wrong.

You would overtrain your cns in a matter of days.
    Every journey begins with a single step.

I use to be pro going to failure. Used to tell people they should and although I still feel you should train as hard as you can, I don't go to failure any longer. I've had a big outlook change on the whole going to failure thing from experience.

Since that change, I haven't gotten sick or showed any of the signs of overtraining which is really more of you overtraining your CNS not your muscles per say. I do feel you should go for that extra rep but only if you can get it on your own and in a smooth, controlled manner like your other reps. If you have to struggle or take a lot of time to get that last rep up, just put the weight down and consider the set over.