sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100)

How do male models eat? just read please...

i posted in another forum cause i wanted to get different opinions

Now I know people are gonna say they dont eat but come on, they have to eat in order to stay alive and healthy looking. plus they do have muscle. Does anyone have any clue as to the way male models eat? This may sound like a stupid question but honestly how many people wouldnt want to be lean and ripped like a model? come on..
    Last edited by sushi mama; 07-29-2005 at 01:24 AM.

ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovemawnie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sushi mama

Now I know people are gonna say they dont eat but come on, they have to eat in order to stay alive and healthy looking. plus they do have muscle. Does anyone have any clue as to the way male models eat? This may sound like a stupid question but honestly how many people wouldnt want to be lean and ripped like a model? come on..
    you're stupid, of course they eat, they eat a lot. but they know how to eat clean and diet

sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100) sushi mama is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ilovemawnie
    you're stupid, of course they eat, they eat a lot. but they know how to eat clean and diet
    thanks for the compliment. i was looking for 'how' they eat though and i figured since i've seen some pretty lean people post their pictures here, i'd post it here.

subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50) subterfuge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's what I tihnk.

The kind of Models you see on the front of 'mens health' magazine will probably just follw a good clean diet with weights and cardio work. Similar to alot of posters on this forum.

If you mean the type of model who does catwalk modelling etc then I can only tell you of what i have seen at first hand, because my brother is currently living in my house with his girlfriend who is a model and I also knew a guy who done some magazine modelling for aftershaves etc.

In this case, in my experience, they eat basic rubbish, but not a great amount. Couple of pieces of toast for breakfast. Bagel and a bag of crisps (chips to most of you guys) for lunch and maybe a small microwave meal (i dunno...lasagne) for dinner. Snacks would be something sweet. My friend loves winegums and my brothers girl likes chocolate. It just seems to be their genetics, which makes sense in a way. They are naturally very thin and their employers dont need to worry about their weight fluctuating.

I also have never seen either of these people do ANY regular excercise. The odd game of football (soccer) for my friend but only when he could be bothered.

Bottom line....it their genetics, so dont go thinking that if you start eating chips and chocolate at every meal you'll look the same.

thats just what i think/have seen.....
    Last edited by subterfuge; 07-29-2005 at 02:37 AM.

i'm talking about fitness models like the ones in Men's Health magazine.

Location: Lazy student, 19, from Sunny England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250) micky c has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sushi mama
    i'm talking about fitness models like the ones in Men's Health magazine.
    they follow what the majority of us do, clean eating, clean bulks. but i expect like 2 weeks before a shoot they would drop the carbs or sumit
    whatever people say i am, thats what i'm not

Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000) Trappy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some of the guys on the front of Mens Health are pretty damn big. There is no way someone can say they're skinny, I subscribe to Mens Health and all of them that I've seen on the cover have to be near 200 at a pretty low bodyfat.
    Hai guise.

1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 1054876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Trappy
    Some of the guys on the front of Mens Health are pretty damn big. There is no way someone can say they're skinny, I subscribe to Mens Health and all of them that I've seen on the cover have to be near 200 at a pretty low bodyfat.
    One Mens Fitness/Health cover guy is Gregg Avedon, he is a sound guy www.greggavedon.com

dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) dieselbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    models usually are models because of their genetics
    I was very fortunate to live in this time when bodybuilding was embraced by Hollywood, embraced by doctors, embraced by the world.
    -Joe Gold

I say we get that embracement back!

this is a custom title ellipticer's Avatar
    ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ellipticer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dieselbuilder
    models usually are models because of their genetics
    They also don't walk around looking like the cover photo every day. Besides digital airbrushing, you have to remember they probably went on a hardcore diet (even for them) and did a week of sodium/water depletion just to get that "coverboy" look. Most of them probably walk around normally a few body fat % points higher and certainly not lacking all subq water.. both of which make them look so cut up on the magazine. It isn't real life though.

Registered User danishjuggler20's Avatar
    danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100) danishjuggler20 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by 1054876
    One Mens Fitness/Health cover guy is Gregg Avedon, he is a sound guy www.greggavedon.com
    Damn, beat me to it. I was about to post the same link lol

If you look at elite fitness models like Gregg Avedon, TJ Hoban, etc. you'll find that they generally eat a very similar diet to one another. Gregg Avedon, however, finds a somewhat less than simple way to describe his diet/nutrition plan

I recommend The Abs Diet. It was designed with the purpose of building that kind of body. You should try it out.

Also, in response to the comment that cover models "don't look like that all the time", I'd have to say that you're mistaken. Once you get down to that body fat percentage (most of those guys appear to be about 7 or 8%) it's not as hard as you think to maintain that. Just visit any beach in Hawaii or California, and you'll see at least a few guys that look like that. The lighting plays a part in it - if you take your "muscle pics" in a dimly lit bedroom, you're not going to look big or ripped. You have to make sure a good amount of light is hitting your body. Early morning or late afternoon daylight is best for this, and can you take a wild guess on what time of day photographers take those outside pictures?

It makes me wonder where people get the idea that cover models have to be "airbrushed" or have a pre-photo-shoot diet to look like that, because I've taken lots of pictures of myself where my abs look at least as good as theirs. I think the misconception just comes from people who are jealous of how those people look.
    Part of it is genetics, I'm sure, but when you see fitness models looking that ripped, it's not fake, and it's actually quite likely they look like that year-round.
    Last edited by danishjuggler20; 07-29-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Strong-Ass Jaw Crew user34566548717114's Avatar
    user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000) user34566548717114 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    some people have great genetics, one of my friends eats like fast food non stop and has 8% bodyfat and never did a day of cardio in his life....some people are cardio fiends and diet flawlessly.....your genetics ultimatly say how easly you will maintain low bodyfat...

but models before a shoot are gonna obviously so a precontest diet and sodium depeletion beforehand, they don't look as good as they do on the cover 24/7

desmondpsmith1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet

Originally Posted by sushi mama View Post

I know this is 7 years late but here goes...

So I'm very new to this but have done a couple modeling jobs and have a fashion show coming up (one line is bathing suit so preparing the same as a shirtless shoot). I usually just have a very healthy diet including beans (lentils, black beans), lots of veggies, whey and casein protein, good fats (almond butter, almonds, cashews, extra virgin olive oil, avocado) and salad. I work 8-5 Mon-Fri so I always bring my lunch, bring veggies for a snack, keep protein at home and at work. No sugar, only fruit I eat is blueberries, no soda, only carbs before an intense workout.

2 weeks before a shoot I lock down though. 14-8 days out, I load up on sodium (salt everything, get as much sodium as possible in my diet). One week before, I slowly cut down until the 2 days before it's as close to 0g of sodium as possible. During this last week, I only eat protein (chicken, ground turkey, salmon, powders [watch sodium with powders though]), veggies (ONLY asparagus/spinach), and then some good fats (listed above).

Day 2 and 1 before the shoot I load up on carbs, fills in my muscles and boom...ready to go

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    They don't all eat the same. No one has the same metabolism/genetics as another person, so that affects many things (nutrient partitioning etc).

You need to find what works for you. Go to the nutrition forum, read the stickies, and then chase your goal.