rip to shreds in progress raymondh's Avatar
    raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

when does the body use fat for energy?

most of us do sedentry work, sitting and working on a computer, light walking, driving etc... which does not require many carbs, when does the body use fat for energy? Like wise carbs?
    Interested in making an extra $3000+/month from home by working for a publically listed NYSE company? PM your e-mail or AIM address and we'll talk. U.S. Only.

[url]www.futureworks.xs3.com[/url] Professional websites $200-$300 per project. No hourly rates.

Chemical Enhancement sardis3207's Avatar
    sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000) sardis3207 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good question Id like to know this too, but I think the answer may be when you overload your ATP requirement so your body starts using fats/carbs/proteins to make up for the deficit. Hopefully someone can clarify this.

raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10) raymondh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump, anyone?
    Interested in making an extra $3000+/month from home by working for a publically listed NYSE company? PM your e-mail or AIM address and we'll talk. U.S. Only.

[url]www.futureworks.xs3.com[/url] Professional websites $200-$300 per project. No hourly rates.

Dominik2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominik2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominik2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominik2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominik2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominik2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominik2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dominik2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Morning cardio on an empty stomach?

Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carl_AK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by raymondh
    bump, anyone?

I'm no expert, but I'll post what I do know. The body starts out breaking down ATP (tri-phosphate) into ADP (di-phosphate). The body can use creatine phosphate to recycle the di-phosphate back into tri-phosphate so that it can be used again. This is why creatine can let you work out longer without suffering from lactic acid induced cramps. Latic acid is a natural by-product of burning glucose.

After the ATP cycle is used up the body starts burning up glucose stores for energy (carbs).

From what I understand the body cannot use Fat to perform annarobic functions like weight lighting, sprinting, ect. It will either burn glucose stores, or break down protien into glucose & then burn it (you DONT want this, so be careful on a low car/low fat diet) But the body can utilize fat for aerobic functions like jogging. So if I remember correctly you want to keep your heart rate from getting so high that your burning sugars, but high enough that your burning fat. I think the sweet spot was like 165 bpm, but I'm not sure, so you might wanna check that.

-Carl-
    "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ya have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit which are God's"
    -I Corinthians 6:19 & 20-

Originally Posted by Carl_AK
    I'm no expert, but I'll post what I do know. The body starts out breaking down ATP (tri-phosphate) into ADP (di-phosphate). The body can use creatine phosphate to recycle the di-phosphate back into tri-phosphate so that it can be used again. This is why creatine can let you work out longer without suffering from lactic acid induced cramps. Latic acid is a natural by-product of burning glucose.

After the ATP cycle is used up the body starts burning up glucose stores for energy (carbs).

From what I understand the body cannot use Fat to perform annarobic functions like weight lighting, sprinting, ect. It will either burn glucose stores, or break down protien into glucose & then burn it (you DONT want this, so be careful on a low car/low fat diet) But the body can utilize fat for aerobic functions like jogging. So if I remember correctly you want to keep your heart rate from getting so high that your burning sugars, but high enough that your burning fat. I think the sweet spot was like 165 bpm, but I'm not sure, so you might wanna check that.

-Carl-

there is a pre phase to the energy cycle? I thought the body uses carbs, fat, then protein. Basic sedentry work does not even use carbs?

lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lifequest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wish you guys understood the power of google…

This site is awsome

http://home.howstuffworks.com/fat-cell.htm

energy production

http://www.bodiesofstone.homestead.c...gymachine.html
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice THAT we fail to notice there is little we can do to change until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds.

The Beginners Guide to FAT loss / LQ Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=827373

nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nithos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by lifequest
    I wish you guys understood the power of google…
    People like to be spoon feed. Mommy let them suckle at the tit a little to long in life.