Teen_Titan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Ab Exercise? And best oblique exercise?

What is the best Ab exercise and what is the best oblique exercise?
    Weight: 161 lbs.
    Height: 5'11"

yellow fever legit check Bombers's Avatar
    Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Bombers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    there are NO best exercise, each has its own advantages and disadvantages...

SEARCH.....

www.exrx.net
    B|m|B
    CREW

{{**DIRTY SOUTH CREW**}}

*always pick 6 crew*

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    A good oblique one is to take a heavy plate, hold it, pin your upper arms to your side, hold your lower arms parallel to the ground, step forward with your left foot and twist hard to the left, step with your right and twist to your right, repeat.
    My 100% free website: healthierwithscience.com
    My YouTube channel: youtube.com/@benjaminlevinsonmd17

svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) svelt4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Best exercise for abs in my personal experience is hanging leg raises--do not swing and concentrate on using abs to lift legs. Three sets to failure.
    Self control requires Willpower which requires Discipline--if I have Self control then I have all three.
    11% BF

Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olifter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Teen_Titan
    What is the best Ab exercise and what is the best oblique exercise?
    For abs - janda situps
    For obliques - saxon side bends
    Less food means less weight. More weight on bar means get stronger. Guy farts while squatting means great laughter. -Dan John-

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bombers
    there are NO best exercise, each has its own advantages and disadvantages...

SEARCH.....

www.exrx.net
    Someone make this guy a flipping moderator. Atleast someone gets it!!!!
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10) passerby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    is training the obliques even necessary, or is doing situps/crunches of some form in addition to deads sufficient for complete ab growth?
    UCLA Class of '09

muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by passerby
    is training the obliques even necessary, or is doing situps/crunches of some form in addition to deads sufficient for complete ab growth?
    You DONT need to use more than a few pounds to train your obliques UNLESS you want to look like ronnie coleman with his gross stomach. Guys like arnie, frank zane even stallone when he was pumping up for movies never did heavy stuff for their obliques. All 3 did seated twists with a broomstick for about 300 reps. All of those guys have good looking mid sections...all the old school guys do. Plus growth hormones dont help much.
    "Don't count the days, make every day count"

The Giant Killer ShreddedShruggin's Avatar
    ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ShreddedShruggin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    your obliques get hit enough in regular ab exercises. there is no such thing as "upper" or "lower" abs. doing weighted side bends will only make your waist bigger

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by muirsy88
    You DONT need to use more than a few pounds to train your obliques UNLESS you want to look like ronnie coleman with his gross stomach. Guys like arnie, frank zane even stallone when he was pumping up for movies never did heavy stuff for their obliques. All 3 did seated twists with a broomstick for about 300 reps. All of those guys have good looking mid sections...all the old school guys do. Plus growth hormones dont help much.
    Right, Coleman's waist is big because he trains his obliques...

Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Uriel_da_man has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    And people, get real and see that obliques won't make your waist look bad. Arnold had pretty big obliques, did his waist look bad?

muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muirsy88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Uriel_da_man
    And people, get real and see that obliques won't make your waist look bad. Arnold had pretty big obliques, did his waist look bad?
    Sure you have to have some muscle mass there....but big obliques isnt going to do justice to a V-shaped physique.

You just have to ask yourself...who would i rather look like? (see links below)

http://digilander.libero.it/mrolympia2/fz25.jpg
    http://www.schwarzenegger.it/gallery...lery1/ga85.jpg

or

http://digilander.libero.it/mrolympia2/rc10.jpg
    http://digilander.libero.it/mrolympia2/rc113.jpg

Do you honestly think that the reason why Coleman's waist is big is because of his obliques?...

Do you honestly think that the reason why Coleman's waist is big is because of his obliques?...
    Yeah i do. Heavy oblique exercises mixed with GH is gonna make yur waist look like a sqaure.

No. It's entirely the GH's fault. Obliques won't push your waist out. On the contrary, along with your transversus abdominis they hold your stomach in tight.

BTW, pic of Coleman before he started abusing the GH. His obliques were the same size they are now (he actualy doesn't train them heavy). Did they make his waist look bad?
    Attached Images

No. It's entirely the GH's fault. Obliques won't push your waist out. On the contrary, along with your transversus abdominis they hold your stomach in tight.
    I'm just speaking from a personal experience. During hockey season when I work on core strength and do heavy oblique exercises, my waist is larger. During the summer when I do light stuff like twists it shrinks and looks tighter. Just me though.

Not what I use to be..... StrongEnough?'s Avatar
    StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10) StrongEnough? is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I do 100 crunches (5 sets of 20), then wait 45 seconds in between.

Then, I'll do 60 leg lifts (6 sets of 10) then wait 30 seconds in between <--- this one kills me

Then, I'll take a 5lbs med ball, sit on the floor, and move the ball back and forth from left to right. Kills my OB's.... Then, on cardio days... I shadow box. This also get's a good workout on them.

Originally Posted by muirsy88
    I'm just speaking from a personal experience. During hockey season when I work on core strength and do heavy oblique exercises, my waist is larger. During the summer when I do light stuff like twists it shrinks and looks tighter. Just me though.
    You forget that we also store fat in our organs. When you're at a 15% bf your waist is gonna look a little distended, not because of your obliques but because there's fat under them. When you cut you burn that fat and your waist gets tighter.

You forget that we also store fat in our organs. When you're at a 15% bf your waist is gonna look a little distended, not because of your obliques but because there's fat under them. When you cut you burn that fat and your waist gets tighter.
    That could be it. I do comsume far more calories during the season than I do during summer time.

Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brutarian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2
    A good oblique one is to take a heavy plate, hold it, pin your upper arms to your side, hold your lower arms parallel to the ground, step forward with your left foot and twist hard to the left, step with your right and twist to your right, repeat.
    I wouldn't go for that. Since there's a lot of momentum in the twist, you're putting a lot of stress on your vertebrae.

You could do that same move with a cable; or lying down, use the weight alone with no momentum.
    DB side bends also work the obliques but in a different way.
    It's spoze to be hard. That's why they call it a workout.

Sminton9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best oblique exercise

A good workout for building your obliques would be, on YouTube type in "myprotein win" and it's the vid that is 0:59 seconds long, it looks good, don't know what it's called
    And after that do as many Russian twists as you can