Registered User OneSquatAtATime's Avatar
    OneSquatAtATime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help with Whey Protein

I used to use "Up Your Mass", but I really don't need the ridiculous 800 extra calories that come along with the protein. Plus, drinking a whole shake of that stuff daily almost had me in tears because of how chunky it was.

Whey protein seems to be a good alternative. The brand I plan on buying has around 130 calories per shake with 24g of protein. I plan on using it as a post-workout boost.

I'm not exactly sure if I am making my caloric quota, but I've gained weight (only just a little bit), so I must be. I also have no idea what my daily caloric intake should be. I'm 17, 5'8'' and around 126 lbs (I used to be 140 lbs). I was blessed with thin arms and slim wrists (my 6 inchers. yay) complete with a flabby chest/stomach. I'm trying like hell to gain weight in the right places.

Would I be using the shake properly and to its greatest benefit if I had it after an intense workout?

Thanks all.

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At 17, you don't need to be using supplements or dieting. Just eat and lift!
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Focus on building up your strength on the big 3 with some hypertrophy accessory work. That along with a solid diet comprised of mostly healthy options is going to help you grow faster than any supplement.
    advertising not permitted

lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50) lgnknt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well like the others said you should not worry about supplementation at this point in your life. However, to actually answer your question, the best time to take a whey protein shake is immediately following any workout, be it mild or intense. I recommend "real gains" by universal. I have been using it for a few months now and have seen great results! just make sure to keep up or improve your diet and keep asking questions!
    Exercise science crew

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by OneSquatAtATime View Post
    I used to use "Up Your Mass", but I really don't need the ridiculous 800 extra calories that come along with the protein. Plus, drinking a whole shake of that stuff daily almost had me in tears because of how chunky it was.

Whey protein seems to be a good alternative. The brand I plan on buying has around 130 calories per shake with 24g of protein. I plan on using it as a post-workout boost.

I'm not exactly sure if I am making my caloric quota, but I've gained weight (only just a little bit), so I must be. I also have no idea what my daily caloric intake should be. I'm 17, 5'8'' and around 126 lbs (I used to be 140 lbs). I was blessed with thin arms and slim wrists (my 6 inchers. yay) complete with a flabby chest/stomach. I'm trying like hell to gain weight in the right places.

Would I be using the shake properly and to its greatest benefit if I had it after an intense workout?

Thanks all.
    Shakes are just a convenient way to help you meet your protein goals. The important thing is to just make sure to hit your daily goal. At 17 though, I would just eat as much as possible, especially at your weight.

Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    Shakes are just a convenient way to help you meet your protein goals. The important thing is to just make sure to hit your daily goal. At 17 though, I would just eat as much as possible, especially at your weight.
    Oh god I'd love to just eat whatever whenever, but it goes right to my chest/stomach. I need a cure for the skinny fat.

Originally Posted by lgnknt View Post
    Well like the others said you should not worry about supplementation at this point in your life. However, to actually answer your question, the best time to take a whey protein shake is immediately following any workout, be it mild or intense. I recommend "real gains" by universal. I have been using it for a few months now and have seen great results! just make sure to keep up or improve your diet and keep asking questions!
    That is a **** ton of protein. I like it.

How's the flavor of Real Gains? Is it bearable? I struggled a lot with up your mass, it was way too thick. Like mud with sand in it.

shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OneSquatAtATime View Post
    Oh god I'd love to just eat whatever whenever, but it goes right to my chest/stomach. I need a cure for the skinny fat.
    Lift some heavy weights, track macros (p/c/f), sleep, repeat. At 17 if you track your calories or just have a general foundation for nutrition. I would personally do a slow controlled bulk and then cut.
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167450201

-I need a new avi