Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FX45 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    best thread ever, bump.

RJM28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by samos1
    Well I can say my shoulder health has improved a bit.. still out of training which is depressing. I can still feel a bit of pain (supraspintus related) I've been out for 5 weeks now, roughly how long does a suprispintus injury take to heal? (I did it via partial dislocation of the shoulder during combat, but the chief cause would have been abusing the shoulders with many presses, lateral raises and just generally belting them..)

How often should I do these exercises to rehab my shoulder. I have major problems doing any kinds of presses and things and I'd like it to get better before it gets worse. So I've taken a little time off and it's feeling better but I think I need to rehab it without injuring it or over doing it.

WeedyBloke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeedyBloke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeedyBloke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeedyBloke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeedyBloke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeedyBloke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WeedyBloke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump tbh

samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) samos1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RJM28
    How often should I do these exercises to rehab my shoulder. I have major problems doing any kinds of presses and things and I'd like it to get better before it gets worse. So I've taken a little time off and it's feeling better but I think I need to rehab it without injuring it or over doing it.
    I did this for 3-4x a week without training. I do it 2x a week or 3x a week now, once maybe by itself at home.. the others I just do a few rotations to warm the shoulders up prior to chest/back/shoulders..

I was thinking of getting a speedball for hand eye coordination, will this have a negative or positive affect on shoulder health? Any ideas?

whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) whitesox3223 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Bump
    RIP Wesley aka Iron Addict

Overtraining: What it is and what it isn't. And why you've stalled.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=1715261

Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Troutwine has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by xueimelynnad
    Good post, just about everything there is what my physical therapist told me to do after I had my shoulder cleaned out and rebuilt.
    cleaned out

what was in it?

Anywyas, thanks Bernie!!!

When should these excercises be done?

Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tomos is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bump

The only thing you truly own in this world is your health, the only thing you truly have in this world is the love and respect of those around you.

Lookin at the Big Picture BernieD's Avatar
    BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry guys

I don't really come around BB.com much anymore, but I'm glad this thread has still been getting responses

To Troutwine...if you have access to this equipment at home, then it can't hurt to do it on OFF days, possibly at night so that overnight your shoulders will have time to rest. It really depends on your intensity though. If you were to do a full routine like this, with 3-4 different exercises, you'd probably want to do it on an OFF day or at night on a day you lift. But too much at once can get you really sore(even with these exercises). What I do now is dumbell internal and external rotations before EACH workout, 1-2 sets each. Then 5 days a week AT NIGHT I'll do the broomstick stretch, 40-50 reps. If I get tired I'll take a break, then get to 50. On OFF days then (so about 3x a week) I'll do a longer routine

Originally Posted by xueimelynnad
    Good post, just about everything there is what my physical therapist told me to do after I had my shoulder cleaned out and rebuilt.

Wow, that's pretty flattering, heh.

In case you are just seeing this thread, please read the Version at the BOTTOM of page 1, post #27. It's an updated version (many many changes) from the version in post #1.
    The complete shoulder and RC injury thread, written by myself:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.

shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10) shinobidoode is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You think this will help with rounded shoulders?
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply. Do it.

We got a situation... Sabbra Cadabra's Avatar
    Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000) Sabbra Cadabra is just really nice. (+1000)
    wow, just injured my rotator cuff, definately looks great. Replied to find it easier next time and definately be reading. Thanks for the time taken to write this up. Much appreciated and the replies of wats worked and peoples experiences. Thanks.
    log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127256023

Use MP76616 for 5% discount at myprotein.co.uk

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Awesome thread.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000) Purostaff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread is too awesome not to be bumped every week

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

Thumbs up

Should be a sticky.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by _Dominik_ View Post
    Should be a sticky.
    Agreed.

ISSA Certified CFT

ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShotClock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How far should one's rotation go in these exercises? I tried the cable one today for internal rotations and on the eccentric i tried to let my arm rotate far enough so that it was in line with my side, but then it started to hurt. I'm guessing this is going too far...

Also, I have a problem with the lying external rotations. Anyone else tend to mainly feel it in the bicep?

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    LOL DONT go that far!!!

and doing this rotations you must keep your elbow to your side and pull level
    Last edited by ITHURTZ; 12-26-2007 at 07:37 PM.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Your King

HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10) HiTMe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great Thread!!

I was just wondering, what are some good chest/back excercises that work the muscle group but don't involve the shoulder?

hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000) hjayss is just really nice. (+1000)

nice work

You know ther are a lot of shoulder issues around here glad to see somebody put something together like this...
    $$$$BIG MONEY BALLER CREW$$$$$

Lifetime reps..
    kenkong..n00bi3..Drew23

tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    would these exercises help with a should instability?

ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) ITHURTZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the rc muscles is what holds the joint in its place, so naturally working them out and getting them stronger results in a stronger healthier shoulder
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Your King

tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tbbuccaneer87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sounds good. thanks.

jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jckedup616 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How often should I do this routine?
    Secret Crew #4

derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) derzeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i pulled a muscle in my right shoulder three weeks ago and since the injury i've stopped lifting and began icing/heating the region. My shoulder pain stopped for the most part (i had some light pain but nothing too noticeable), so i decided to start lifting light weights yesterday. I just finished working out today and noticed a stiff-like feeling in my shoulder right after i finished a lift, and then sporatically throughout the day. Since i started lifting, my shoulder feels basically the same way it felt before i started lifting again. My question is should i keep lifting light weights, or should i quit lifting and go back to icing/heating and wait to start lifting again? Thanks

rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rhyko has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

i wish i spotted this earlier

this was probably just as helpful as my phyiotherapist,

i need to strengthen back up my infraspinatus, teres minor and supraspinatus muscles, do you know any good exercises specifically to strengthen those 3 muscles? i use exercises similar to armwrestling movements.
    any suggestions welcome
    train hard-play hard!

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BernieD View Post
    Sorry guys

I don't really come around BB.com much anymore, but I'm glad this thread has still been getting responses
    Uh, fellas, the OP hasn't posted here since 11-29-2006!!!

Apparently, he's happy but completely unaware of your qeustions...try a PM or email, but who knows if he's still around...
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

My shoulder is injured, AGAIN

ISSA Certified CFT

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    My shoulder is injured, AGAIN
    no way. what did you do to it?
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dayroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome~

I have just injured my shoulder about 1.5 weeks ago and was wondering why it is not healing (as with all other body parts it should heal!).

But after reading this and doing some exercises, i can feel my recovery already.

I can't wait to hit the gym.

Love it.

I'm always hurting my RC.

ISSA Certified CFT

Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    no way. what did you do to it?
    I did 240 on incline, then did incline chest flys with the 75s. It was fine then, next day, insane pain.

For not, I'm never doing dumbell flyes again, and also sticking to dumbells with the incline press.

I mostly do floor presses and a powerlifting style now.

ALWAYS TUCK YOUR ELBOWS ON THE BENCH PRESS!!!

ISSA Certified CFT