Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wondering if I can use resistance bands for the internal/external rotation exercises....for the non-gym days

bbrossp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 5penn View Post
    wondering if I can use resistance bands for the internal/external rotation exercises....for the non-gym days
    I've found that resistance bands were the best thing for rehabilitating my subluxed AC joint. I should have been using them beforehand really, then I may not have got injured in the first place!

FrenchLondoner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Recurring RC issue. Try some rehab stuff. Only issue is that each time I go a bit heavier as usual on the bench press and do nore volumes the injury comes back...do you know how to assess when you can add weight volumes? And when to stick to rehab stuff (internal/external rotation / rear delt stuf / face pull etc...)

cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) cycle123 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    "Section 8: Final Thoughts "

Actually, we have to thank you to put an effort into making plenty of info for us.

I have a query about my neck problem. what do you suggest?

It usually comes up after lifting?

Thanks in advance...
    Spinning fan..... every weekend

lloydavfc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is great! Trained through an rc injury for 2 months before I gave up trying. I was training on pain killers, strapped up and awful form till the day i said enough is enough. 5 months later I'm training again but can't put to much weight on my injured side in press movements (chest and shoulder). Problem is, I have developed a larger side on my left (uninjured side). Is it better to do more reps on my bad side to catch up or just carry on as normal and allow the body to catch up naturally? Also are shoulder presses integral to build big shoulders?

DrMarcPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great article. I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into writing it. As a physical therapist, I'm a huge advocate for proper form with exercises. Everybody wants a magic treatment to fix injuries but the key is to focus on proper form. An understanding of the biomechanics of common exercises will help to reduce the risk of injuries. I wrote an article on shoulder injuries and how MRIs can be dangerous for the shoulder (its not what you would expect). I'll have to create another thread discussing MRIs for shoulder injuries.

PS. I'm glad you touched on the exercises to avoid. Those exercises put so much strain on the biceps long head and supraspinatus tendons.
    To your health,

Marc Robinson, PT, DPT, Cert. MDT
    Physical Therapist/Co-founder of Evercorelife.com

gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000) gerbilz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ive been working on my shoulder since my traps started to over develop and I ended up with shoulder impingements/subscap etc.

I have been making progress but with the overwhelming thoughts of injury myself again (which is unhealthy), I have a difficult time working out on my own. I'll warm up doing internal rotation, external rotation, and L laterals with bands.

Then I start doing rows (cable or db. afraid to hit the bb), pulldowns/ assisted pull ups, straight arm pull downs, face pulls, and Romanians

I am doubting myself when it comes to compounds, rows atleast. Ill do rows on machines one arms at a time in order to focus on the contraction and squeeze.

My question, my rear delts are barely growing still. I bet it has to do with me not going to PT and following take home workouts that I'm a littler bit stronger for. Im going to change that tomorrow

main q

I need some solid compound or ''direct' exercises for my read delts. something I could do unilateraly

I have read stickies. I read articles from every respectable site. Ive read external and internal rotations are bad. ive read that I need a stronger core. I need to know how to build my shoulders. my upper backs. now that ts easily seen when im naked, I hate my body

reps for lifts/advice if I don't get you back asap pm me
    educate yourself before you wreck yourself.

solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) solarfuel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    excellent post

John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John6655 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This article is so informative and helpful for my shoulder injury issue. Thanks for posting this nice article.

Ambrosia18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m 17 and have dislocated my shoulder 3 times playing American Fooball. A year half ago I had surgery on it, but subsequently it has come out again. I have torn the labrum from 12 to 6 and have minor bone damage. I’m giving up football, but I would appreciate if any one could give me their opinion on if i could lift heavy in the future without having another surgery. I want to avoid this if possible beacuse the only available surgery is quite major. Thank You.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you don't have surgery you will have an %85 chance of dislocating or subluxing your shoulder again if you engage in any contact sports (basketball, lacrosse, football, etc). Work with a good surgeon and get it fixed. If the surgery goes well, and you work hard on your rehab you should eventually lift heavy again.

bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Broomstick stretch

I see it's been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but hopefully someone can give me some advice here. I've been reading about the broomstick stretch and how it can be effective in rehabbing RC injuries. I have some tendinitis/bursitis in my rotator cuff on the left side that has kept me out of action, as far as upper body work, for months now. I have rested and rested and rested, tried heat/ice, anti-inflammatories, etc. and have had exactly zero improvement.

My question is, if I feel some discomfort/mild pain from the tendinitis when doing this stretch, should I just work through it? Or is this a sign that I'm only making matters worse?

dandogg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Will try it, have had a bad shoulder for years

ArthurTaylor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here is also one or the article i discover that help my shoulder relief. The shoulder rehabilitation protocol consists of two major components, flexibility and strength. Flexibility is the first component of shoulder rehabilitation and consists of range of motion (ROM), static stretching, and dynamic stretching. ROM is desired degrees of range of motion of movement pattern that is pain free and maybe assisted with a stick/ towel or unassisted. Static stretching are stretches that are pain free and held for 20-30 seconds and repeated 3-6 reps. Dynamic stretching are stretches that are pain free and held for 1-5 seconds and repeated 10-15 reps. Strength is the second component of shoulder rehabilitation and consists of dumbbell, tubing, and functional exercises.

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hurt my right shoulder bad (No tear that I know of but it hurt like hell) in 1997, could not raise a 5lb DB for a long time, almost 6 months. Started doing research and my own rehab and it took a yr or two before I could restart lifting and even more before I could restart heavy lifting. Re-hurt it in 2011 while pushing for a 215 Military press (got 205,tried 210 felt that dam sting and that was the end of heavy overheads for another about yr) worked it out and discovered towel stretches and this brings me to current. I am still pushing semi heavy weights both bench and Overheads. Yes I wake up in pain alot but I use lots of Curcumin, fish oil, I do towel stretches and this helps , My current Military press I hit 175 the other day, 150 on seated overhead last pressing day and I am currently working 205 on Incline bench, My flat bench I hit 300 with a slight spot from the wife and switched to an incline focus. Towel stretches and DB Rotator cuff exercises work. Not going to any doctor unless it gets worse.
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Literally all of your posts have been made in the last hour, and are recommending Regenexx.

Are you representing Regenexx or selling Regenexx?
    "No."

Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"