legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Army Fitness Requirments.

How fit would you reckon one would have to be to pass the fitness test to join the British Army.

(1)The Carry
    This test confirms the strength of the muscles in the upper arm and shoulder girdle. You will be required to carry two jerry cans(large water containers) each weighing 20KG (44lb) over a set course at a constant speed of 5.4 kph.

The test result is measured as the distance in metres achieved while keeping up with the set pace.

The set course is a distance of 150 metres which is expected to be completed in a maximum of 2 minutes

(2)The Static Lift
    With the feet shoulder width apart, bent legs and the back kept straight, you will be required to pull against a device called a Dynamometer which is attached to the floor. This measures the maximum amount of force you can exert in a single lift.

The result of this test is measured in kilogrammes

(3)The Dynamic Lift
    This test measures how much weight can be lifted from the floor to a height of 1.45 m (the height of a 4 tonne truck) Using an Incremental Lift Machine, at a start weight of 5-10 kg, you will need to lift the weight safely to a height of 1.45 m.

The weight will then be increased progressively after each successful lift. Lifts are made with the legs bent and the back straight.

The result of this test is measured in kilogrammes.

(4)The Back Extension
    The large muscles in the back are used during the lifting and carrying of objects and when marching with loads. The strength of these muscles is measured using a special Back Extension Rig.

You will be strapped into the rig and asked to extend your back as much as possible against a resistance. The force generated by the back muscles is measured in kilogrammes on a digital readout.

(5)The Run
    First you will warm up with a run and walk in a squad (as a group) for 6 minutes over a distance of 8 hundred metres. This is then followed immediately by a timed 'best effort' (individual) run over a measured distance of 2.4 km (1 1/2 miles). The course will be on level ground and on a good running surface. (For what job i want i need to this in 14:00mins)

(6)The Heaves
    Hanging under-grasp from a beam with the arms fully extended, heave the body up towards the beam until the chin is clear of the top. Once this is reached, lower to the start position under control ensuring that the arms are fully extended.

This is repeated as many times as possible but is a 'best effort' test.

This particular test does not have a pass or fail score but does help towards your overall fitness assessment while at the Recruit Selection Centre.

Thats all of them, i really want to join the army atm im taking a course in public services cus i dout my fitness level, so can elaborate on this and give me a idea on what to aim for.

I don't know if this is the right fourm to place this in.

Thanks
    Last edited by legendaryMSN; 10-28-2007 at 02:10 AM.

monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000) monatu is just really nice. (+1000)
    for the Carry...i guess do upperbody exercises and do Farmers Walks 1-2 times a week in preperation

for the Static Lift....deadlifts will help with pulling weight off the floor

Dynamic Lift....squats, Military Press for the overhead part of it...

Back Extension...i dunno, Hypers?

and The Heave - chinups

legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendaryMSN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks

Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ctuna98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow they changed the whole thing around when I was in BT all we had to do was a push and sit up test and a two mile run. I can remember I did 77 push ups in 2min, my sit ups were about 63, and my two mile run time was 12:56 that's when I was 20yrs old. I almost got a max out in all of them except for those sit ups which I got like a 80.