Thread: Forearm pain

TeeHuM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Forearm pain

I've read those most of the threads on forearm pains, but I haven't found anything satisfying to what I'm dealing with.

My forearm (right more than the left) is killing me. From looking at my anatomy book the pain is localized around Flexor Protundus (the bigger one running along the pinky side of your arm) about three inches below the elbow. It hurts when I have to use a "crushing" grip on anything. Mostly pull-ups and DB-curls for my routine though.

I'm trying to give it as much rest as possible, but it's not helping that much. I don't think it could be forearm splints because I can do push ups etc with no pain. It's not weak forearm strength and grip because I'm a pretty good rock-climber. Would it just be sprained? If so I know the best bet is just to RICE the **** out of it, it's just hard to give it enough rest with my job.

mkugler13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Funny, I got on tonight to post the exact same question. Does the pain go all the way down to your hand after you do curls? Anyone know the best way to let it heal w/o taking time off?

TeeHuM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my pain is localized within two inches.

marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

ulnar nerve

When I had ulnar nerve entrapment syndrome, that is exactly how the symptoms started...
    Watch out for that, too.
    good luck
    Marilia Coutinho

http://www.mariliacoutinho.com

SK1989 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SK1989 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SK1989 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I get forearm pain in my left arm, especially lifting heavy. Doing barbell curls specifically gives me that pain, it's not too big a deal, just wondered why it was always that arm and why I even get it.

marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marilia05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yup. Mine too: left arm, barbell curls killed me, wouldn't notice them on my bench press, although that was where they developed. Just check for that possibility. And DON'T let them put you into surgery: RICE, anti-inflammatory meds and physiotherapy will work just fine.
    Marilia Coutinho

http://www.mariliacoutinho.com

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TeeHuM View Post
    I've read those most of the threads on forearm pains, but I haven't found anything satisfying to what I'm dealing with.

My forearm (right more than the left) is killing me. From looking at my anatomy book the pain is localized around Flexor Protundus (the bigger one running along the pinky side of your arm) about three inches below the elbow. It hurts when I have to use a "crushing" grip on anything. Mostly pull-ups and DB-curls for my routine though.

I'm trying to give it as much rest as possible, but it's not helping that much. I don't think it could be forearm splints because I can do push ups etc with no pain. It's not weak forearm strength and grip because I'm a pretty good rock-climber. Would it just be sprained? If so I know the best bet is just to RICE the **** out of it, it's just hard to give it enough rest with my job.
    Definitely lgihten up or reduce volume for a little while and stop before it starts to hurt. Many times, it's kind a like shin splints and the pain may resolve over time.

If not, here's a few tips:

1. See a doctor!
    2. Massage the muscle
    3. Ice it and then contrast (cold/hot/cold)
    4. Try different grips and/or use a Fat Bar
    5. Make sure your forearm development is balanced (Try more reverse wrist curls or wrist rotations with leverage)
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com