MyGeneticsSuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy 85 lbs. bench press!? low T levels?

i believe my testosterone levels are low. that is the conclusion i ahve come to. i ahve worked out for 4 years, and i still bench 85 lbs. I eat right, lots of protein, good amount of carbs, low fat, and i eat ALOT. i dont get it. i cant get strong, or gain mass. dont tell me im new and need to get my act together. i beleive it really is a body problem, uncontrollabe by me. my father can only bench 100lbs. and he is only 40 years old, and has a manual labor job and played sports as a kid. anyone else have low test levels? how can i tell? i work so hard, 5 days a week working out. my schedule varies and changes, im always mixxing it up to no avail... what is wrong with me!?

please help...i have kept at it for 4 years, because i want to get big so much, but my will is starting to dwindle with no results.....

thanks for your input.
    Semper Fidelis

Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can we get a STRAIGHT honest answer, etc. You claim 85lbs now, and it was 110lbs last week.

If you give us correct, TRUE info, we can help. If you are all over the place we can't, and can only guess. Like I said earlier; we need food intake, workout routine, sleep, water intake..... The WHOLE 9yrds. Supply us with this, and we CAN HELP.

Maybe you do have a problem. I have a thyroid problem, and I am dealing with that. I knew mine was medical after a lot of work, but it is getting better.

You could have a problem, but I want to make sure everything is RIGHT before we make that assumption.

fit
    "...the Self is a borderline concept, which I call a symbol because it expresses something we cannot express otherwise, because we simply don't understand it. The idea of the Self is really unknown ground. "Nietzsche's Zarathustra" p. 413-4

Original board member and moderator since 1999

BigAssDeltoids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry

yeah i agree with the guy above...seriously genetics your pissing me off with your crap...stop giving BS stats...damn this message board has gotten really gay really fast.

MyGeneticsSuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have good food intake, workout routine, sleep, water intake..

i did say 110lbs, but i noticed my form wasn't that good, so i am back to doing 85-90lbs. because i can do those with good form.

i get 8+ hrs. of sleep everynight, my workout routine is the mc layne workout routine, i found it on bodybuilding.com

i used to have my own routine that was more simpler, like 1 exercise per day.

i dunno what the problem is. i am not a pussy who is a whiner and cant even workout. i work very hard (not going to say ahrd then you cause i dont know you...)and consistently... wahts wrong
    Semper Fidelis

Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    See, I have great genetics, and frame, but I have a problem that stands in my way. I am on NO meds for my thyroid. Just extra FOOD, and a whole new routine. So far so good. Slow, but I am seeing results. I have had to totally re-change everything, and it is a BITCH. I mean ****. I am 5'4, and 130lbs. I have NEVER been able to get pass 125. Even after years of lifting. So I came to the conclusion that I HAD a med problem, and I do.

I have been frustrated for a long time, and even thought of roids, but I don't. Yes it's hard, but it can be done. Now, I am not weak at all, but I have a problem growing. I can bench 185, and squat 245lbs+ for 6 with no problem, and can shrugg with 70lb DB, BUT none of that works if I don't EAT every 2hrs. My calories have to be 2800cal AT LEST. More of the lines of 3600cal per day. If it is 2500cal, I LOSE WEIGHT. YES, I LOSE ON 2500. Now, you may think this is weird, but my test levels are higher then normal (free test)

Anyhow, all I am saying is that yes it is hard, but yes, it can be done. You may have to work 2x as hard as others like I do, but you will get there.

I still would like all the info I requested though. I want FOOD intake. I have to jet now, but if you can, I want all the crap you shove down your throat during each meal. I want the WHOLE day in food intake. Calories if you can. If not, I will calculate them later tonight. I know you think you are ok in this area, but I want to poke around with your diet. I thought I was eating a lot until I kept track. It's NOT what you think. Plus, I may give you the routine I was on. It helped.

fit
    Last edited by Fit For Life; 12-17-2001 at 04:14 PM.
    "...the Self is a borderline concept, which I call a symbol because it expresses something we cannot express otherwise, because we simply don't understand it. The idea of the Self is really unknown ground. "Nietzsche's Zarathustra" p. 413-4

Original board member and moderator since 1999

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is one of these things...
    1. Calorie deficiet
    2. Recovery is being impaired
    3. Hormonal imbalance.

Fix the first 2 before you assume the 3rd.
    Peace

RDX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RDX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would eat alot, take a couple weeks off, change intensity. i have switched to sets as low as 4-5 if i get stuck. but keep the volume down goto failure and sleep alot.good luck

US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) US-Marine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i gurantee you that it is your damn diet/training.. You need to post ur diet/training split before you can get help.

O yah you can purchase a test level indicator. Zma also naturaly raises TET levels.

Fir for life. Keep at it

damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff damnJeff
    Genetics is just a comedian. I actually find his posts entertaining. He lies so bad, but it's funny!
    "Sometimes you just feel tired, you feel weak. And when you feel weak you feel like you just wanna give up. But you gotta search within you and try to find that inner strength and just pull that **** out of you and get that motivation to not give up and not be a quitter no matter how bad you just wanna fall flat on your face and collapse." - Eminem

bigobb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Others have pretty much have covered it all. Might wanna try a week or two off and maybe add some dips to your routine, they helped my bench go up when I hit a plateu
    Big O's Teen Bodybuilding Site
    Http://www.bigobb.com

Pale Assassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pale Assassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Id like to meet this goofball in person

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you're a teen chances are you dont have low test?

Are you constantly horney? If so, then you DONT have low test.

It may be a thyroid problem, then again, it may be your routine.

I gained very little size and strength working out 5x a week. Infact, i lost about 10lbs of muscle at one point doing that.

Try an abreviated training routine, like HIT and see where that takes you.

br

blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) blahblahblah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    what is hit?

and im glad im horny allot, lmao
    Blah....fill it in later..

BiG RED HH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    High Intensity Training.

Short (but intense) infrequent workouts is the simplest way to put it. Based on the knowledge that muscles only require a small amount of training to stimulate growth, and the actual growth occurs while resting and recovering.

Br

Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Power-BB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dude what are your stats? I see at the bottom of the post it says 153 16yrs old 12%bf

I always thought my genetics had to be the worst but if everything you are saying is true, I shouldn't be complaining